Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2011 8:34:06 PM EDT
They are growing....

D.C., Times Square, Ground Zero....

It reaffirms my faith, how ever little, that we might have some hope yet.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I just hope that they don't think that this ends everything
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They are growing....

Yeah, considering it's DC, I was surprised most of those college kids weren't out waving the Al-Quaida flag or something.

I did see at least one douchebag brought an Obama sign though.

LC
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
osama is dead
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And I hope they aren't targets of opportunity.

God Bless America.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
One guy had a Bush sign!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Fucking cool, ain't it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Me too! It's a great night!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
For the first time in a loooong time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Made my eyes well up hearing "America the Beautiful" live from Ground Zero.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#11]
It brings a tear to your eye?

Personally I kinda find it annoying.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I would really have like to seen two things on the Presidents speech.......

1) What a damn good opportunity to work the "BOOM, Headshot" phrase into a speech and

2) As he was nearing the end of the corridor, after his speech, with his back to the camera, just jump up and click his heels the turn off camera......
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
It is nice to see crowds waving the US flag instead of burning it for a change!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, many will.

For that matter, that could be become Obama's credo.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#15]
When one of the stations started showing the crowd forming at ground zero it did get a bit dusty in here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder how the assholes in the Middle East feel about having the tables turned on them?

Our people dancing in the streets this time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I wonder how the assholes in the Middle East feel about having the tables turned on them?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#18]
(sarcasm)  Jingoism  (/sarcasm)
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#19]
In all seriousness, though, I think the American psyche was seriously damaged on 9/11. Families were ruined. Suicides skyrocketed. Divorces skyrocketed.

This was like a cloud being lifted from the USA. I mean, FUCK.....the barracks in Ryadh, Saudi Arabia....Mogadishu(?)....the US Embassy bombings in Africa....the USS Cole...the '93 WTC bombing....and finally, the "Big One".....9/11.

This guy has been mind fucking Americans for almost a generation.

I say tonight's celebration is well deserved.

I tip my hat to the men who are doing shit like this Operation to keep my children safe. They got bigger balls than me.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#21]

go away already troll

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

One guy had a Bush sign!

couple of um

guy with a bush shirt also

Ill admit it did make my cynical ass smile a little

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm just getting drunk for all the guys who gave their lives and can't celebrate tonight.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#25]
too bad a lot are heavy leftists
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They are growing....

I'm flying to DC tomorrow, so looks like I'll miss the celebration
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol...I was just thinking about that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#28]
yep

I love the crowds

hope there is something like this here in philadelphia
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I have never before had tears of joy over someone dying.... so glad he is dead!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Pretty amazing to watch.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

They are growing....

It reaffirms my faith that americans as a whole are fucking retards and the liberal media knows shit about COIN/INS/terrorism

You think we killed hilter, ooops wrong war/tactics

Next week everybody will be bitchin about bringing the troops home sincethe war is over

We will leave, and they will re-grow another generation and my kids will have to clean up this shit.

Im just waiting for the mortars

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are growing....

Yeah, considering it's DC, I was surprised most of those college kids weren't out waving the Al-Quaida flag or something.

I did see at least one douchebag brought an Obama sign though.

LC

Call me all multi-culti but I was glad to see a decent cross section of America FUCK YEAH! going on. There was a South Asian guy of some type,couldn't tell if he was Indian,Pakistani or Arab of some stripe but he was screaming about kicking ass.

I'm going to high-5 everyone I see  tomorrow in  celebration. Seriously,how cool would it be if we all just took tomorrow to show that regardless of the bullshit we tend to heap on each other,for the most part we're fucking awesome and have  a cause to be glad for. I'm going to do it to all my European friends too- I mean,there are Czechs,Poles and Estonians in Afghanistan so they can join in as well. It's not just a victory for America,it's for the entire wourld that doesn't want to live in a world of hatred and ignorance.

I understand why we have to treat his remains with proper Islamic traditions and that nonsense because while I'd just as soon feed it to wild hogs,we're better than that.

What's going to be great is when it starts leaking out just how high up he'd been protected the past decade by the Pakis. Don't fucking tell me he and his crew were hiding out in a mansion and nobody knew...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#33]
With all the BS lies and deceptions of the last couple of years, I can't help but think this was all staged and they were bussed in.

See how cynical this fuckstick in the White House made me? On any other day there'd be thousands of union workers protesting these people trying to rip the American flags out of their hands. I'm surprised half these kids even know who OBL is.

With that being said, I'm glad the bastards dead. There are almost 7 billion people on planet Earth but only 1 can claim "I put a bullet in bin Ladens head". He's got some bragging rights for sure.

I'm still waiting for the protesters to show up screaming about the senseless killing of a harmless, feeble old man. Julian Assange will be outraged at another ruthless assassination plot by the US, Nancy Pelosi is in mourning, and Obama's making sweet love to himself right now while the lonely wookie waits to be allowed back into bed. There won't be any room though, you can't fit Obama, the Wookie, and his bloated ego in the same bed, it'll collapse.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#34]
FOX showed them chanting.....OBAMA OBAMA........
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Kinda missing the picture...  Yea, go Obama, lets forget the guys over there standing downrange to bring this asshole to justice...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are growing....

It reaffirms my faith that americans as a whole are fucking retards and the liberal media knows shit about COIN/INS/terrorism

You think we killed hilter, ooops wrong war/tactics

Next week everybody will be bitchin about bringing the troops home sincethe war is over

We will leave, and they will re-grow another generation and my kids will have to clean up this shit.

Im just waiting for the mortars

Next week? Shit, I've read it several times tonight already.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fucking cool, ain't it?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, this will be spun into his triumph.  Bank on that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Fox News was reporting that the Air Force Academy was playing Toby Keiths song "American" over the loudspeaker tonight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I loved watching the celebrations, that was my favorite footage of the night.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#41]
There were thousands of students downtown in State College, PA (where Penn State is) celebrating the fact that Osama is dead. People were waving flags, lighting off fireworks and chanting USA and F#ck Osama among other things. I left about an hour ago to study for finals but I'm positive people are still out there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Those guys right there deserve this night as much as anyone!

Even over here all the expats are stoked about the news!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#47]
I am moved by the reaction of all of those college kids in front of The White House. Thousands of young, proud Americans, spontaneously filling Lafayette park. Singing pro American songs, waving flags and praising our warriors. These are mostly college kids. I see hope in this generation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I am moved by the reaction of all of those college kids in front of The White House. Thousands of young, proud Americans, spontaneously filling Lafayette park. Singing pro American songs, waving flags and praising our warriors. These are mostly college kids. I see hope in this generation.

the cynic in me laughs at that because obama was already their savior.  if GWB was in the WH ...

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

the cynic in me laughs at that because obama was already their savior.  if GWB was in the WH ...

I watched several interviews from the crowd and nobody, not one, mentioned Obama. I saw a lot of flags and even a couple of Bush-Cheney signs. I know that college kids will never pass a chance to have a party, but these kids were sincerely proud of their country and their military.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Well, I won't argue signs of national pride but let me ask this:

How is this symbol of national pride different from the crowds at the royal wedding (if one slashed down that)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top