Posted: 5/19/2002 10:22:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
no.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#3]
At 1st I thought that you were talking about Nascar and Jeff Gordon.

Jamie
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I watched most of them, but that last one was weak.  Nina?  Give me a break, she's done a lot more harm to the assassins' cause than good.  You can tell this was a case of the writers going "Dude, we need to pull something they'll never expect....  We'll have NINA be the traitor!  Even though it doesn't make any sense!"  Don't get me wrong, I love unexpected plot twists...but they have to make sense!  These folks need to read books by Glen Cook and George R.R. Martin to learn how it works.  They have people dying who you think are vital to the story, and others who you thought were dead turning up alive, and traitors who aren't really traitors etc. and it's all masterfully done, making perfect sense after the fact.  Oh well.  I guess much can't be expected from tv writers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and I never miss it, and I have every episode taped.  
Actually zonan, Nina does make sense if you consider that there were TWO groups of bad guys:  Ira Gaines and his bunch were mercenaries and they were the ones responsible for turning Jamie; Drazen and his group were the main bad guys and Gaines knew next to nothing about them, including the fact that Nina was with them.  Nina wanted to keep Jack out there, free and alive, so that Drazen could use him to get to Senator Palmer.
It's not perfect, but it holds together pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't wait for the ender, should be good. The first 13 or so eps were outstanding, They only wrote that many to start with not knowing if the show was gonna make it. IMHO the writing got weak after it was picked up for the whole season. They didn't know where to go with the story so they gave us every soap opera groaner they could think of. I read somewhere they filmed three different endings so even the actors don't know for sure how it ended.

It has been picked up for next year already and will be in the 24 hour format again. Lets hope for some good writing this time and maybe Harry Humpries for some weapons handling skills and script input.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Finale of Fox's "X-Files" tonite, a 2-hour one with a return of Mulder.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
24 is one of the few shows that I watch regularly.  I was hooked from episode 1.  Can't wait for the finale.  What does everyone think of Palmer's b--ch of a wife?  I'd like to use her for target practice.  Reminds me of someone else we all know, don't you think?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What does everyone think of Palmer's b--ch of a wife?  I'd like to use her for target practice.
View Quote

yup, could you imagine the SHTF when after winning the election, Palmer divorcing the Bee-atch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:04:00 AM EDT
[#11]
She reminded me of Hillary every time she opened her mouth. When Palmer met with the wife's aid and fired her I yelled out Yes!!

I have to admit fast forwarding through most of the palmer and his wife stuff.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Jeff Gordon sucks...
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's not perfect, but it holds together pretty well.
View Quote
You're right, it does hold together...just not very well.  I still think they decided to go for maximum shocker rather than going for a good story.  But it's still better than any of the other drivel on.

Quoted:
When Palmer met with the wife's aid and fired her I yelled out Yes!!
View Quote
I laughed because I guessed it exactly.  "You're fired!"
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So do you guys think Nina is really going to kill Terri in the finale show tomorrow? I'm going out a limb here and say yes. Jack has just been to damn lucky for the past 23 hours.
View Quote

I'd say that's a pretty shakey limb you just crawled out on.  My vote would be no.  Sure, Jack has been too lucky, but they want to bring the show back for another season.  Do you really think they're going to kill off the hero of the show's pregnant wife?  I don't think so.  Nina will get her arse kicked, Jack will finally make it home to his family, and everyone will live happily ever after.  Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom!  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I too was hooked after the first episode and then got my wife attached to it the next week.  I became really disappointed with the show when Jacks daughter went to her kdnappers house and then got into more trouble,  really cheesy plot point.  I got tired of keeping up with how many times she got kidnapped too.    Nina surprised me 'cause I really thought it was her coworker all along.  As for Palmers wifes aid,  I had that pegged, but my wife didnt. I really like the idea behind "24" but hope they can do it alot better next season.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So do you guys think Nina is really going to kill Terri in the finale show tomorrow?  
View Quote

Nope. I think Tony is going to wind up killing Nina.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you really think they're going to kill off the hero of the show's pregnant wife?  I don't think so.  Nina will get her arse kicked, Jack will finally make it home to his family, and everyone will live happily ever after.  Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom!
View Quote

I'm afraid so.  That's one of the few things I don't like about this show.  They are too afraid of killing off characters.  I guess that's a problem with most mainstream tv and novels.  It adds a lot of suspense when you know that no character is too sacred, that anyone could die next...just like the real world.  That is why I recommend [i]A Game of Thrones[/i] and its sequels by Martin.  No one is safe!  It's such a page turner when you really have no idea what will happen next.  But I think we all know that the good guys will come out alright in [b]24[/b].
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...I totally missed Palmers aide. Thought she was just another Monica.
View Quote

I was clueless on that one myself.  I thought they just threw that in so that he could resist her flirtations, thus showing his strong moral fiber....so, what do I know?  [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#23]
The shootout between Jack and the Drazens was simply awesome...but I thought the ending was cheap and a bit cheesy.  When you create a situation like that, you need a resolution, and the resolution had already happened.  Not a good way to tell a story.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You lost me on the resolution thingy. ???
View Quote

When you set up a situation like that, where the POV character loses someone in that sort of situation, you have to deal with it.  Either he has to go take some action or he has to go through some sort of emotional catharsis.  Ending the season with her dead and not dealing with his reaction to it seemed cheesy to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top