Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2002 9:44:22 AM EDT
I have a  set of aluminum wheels. When I first got them they were a mirror finish, but now have degraded.

I know I probably wont get out of the elbow grease to easy, but is there a good polish out there anyone has found and would reccomend?

I have heard tales of "moonshine" made polishes that work unbelievabele as in spray on and wipe off, but so far haven't found any recipies.

Thanks

IAJack
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I recommend Chief Wahoo's Electrical Indian Tonic. The cure for all maladies of body, mind and psychis! Works for man, woman, beast and cart! Cough medicine, axle grease, hair tonic, deer bait, and for the hysteric woman!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if anything can compete with "Chief Wahoo's", but I've had good luck using Mothers Polishes.

[url=www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/wheelprod.html]Mothers Wheel Products[/url]

Of course I'm a little biased since they are one of my clients.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Clean them with WD40 and a terry cloth towel, then polish them to a lustrious shine with FLOUR! Use a clean, dry terry cloth towel.

Really, try it.                            
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Happich's Semichrome. It will get black first, but ooh that shine!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]

[b][u][red][center][size=6]Mothers![/b][/u][/red][/center][/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Mayonaze

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]
[b][i][blue][size=6]Simichrome[/size=6][/blue][/i][/b]  +  elbow grease!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top