Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 8:55:24 AM EDT
I got another new toy last week. It's a Leica LRF 800. I've gotten a reading of 897 yds off of a brick wall with the sun in my face. This pic is of the 1200 meter model.
[img]http://www.leica-camera.com/images/sportoptik/prod_win/rangemaster_1200.jpg[/img]
Here is a shot of the viewfinder.
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/LRF.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
well, how do you like it?  I was looking at that model myself (800)
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty cool. I looked at the Bushnell series too. The Bushnell's optics suck compared to the Leica's. Also the Bushnell has a mode button and you have to make sure that your are in the correct mode for rian, etc. The Leica is automatic and there is only one button to push. The Bushnell readout was hard to read in low light because it is just an LCD display superimosed over the image. The Leica's readout is LCD and it adjusts to light conditions although it does get a little washed out on top of a really bright image.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's pretty cool. I looked at the Bushnell series too. The Bushnell's optics suck compared to the Leica's. Also the Bushnell has a mode button and you have to make sure that your are in the correct mode for rian, etc. The Leica is automatic and there is only one button to push. The Bushnell readout was hard to read in low light because it is just an LCD display superimosed over the image. The Leica's readout is LCD and it adjusts to light conditions although it does get a little washed out on top of a really bright image.
View Quote

How much$$ ??
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
around $450 was the price I found on the Internet...    guess I got ta start rat-holing more money from the wife....
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I was looking at the Nikon 800. Any idea how they compare?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
$400 at BassPro.

Steyr, the Nikon and Bushnell are the same unit, just different names. I really like the simplicity of the Leica and, like I said before, the optics (7x) are much brighter and sharper.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]
ilikelegs, I bought this after thinking about how we had to GPS the distance to the Helium canister at the farm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top