Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2011 2:42:26 PM EDT
I searched, and didn't find any threads on this.

So I don't think this is a dupe.

100% American made, tool steel parts, hand lapped CNC machined billet 4140 steel frame and slide, Novak or Bo-mar sights. High end quality.

Starts at $1,599

Apparently released the first quarter of 2011.

Information here: http://www.ithacagun.com/1911.html

Review and more pics here: http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=47

Seems nicer than Remington's or Ruger's new offerings.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
That gun/box combo looks awesome!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
meh.  I hate the jeweling.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. Not a 1911 fan but that is a beautiful pistol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
That's one I'd be proud to lay next to my Colts.  Might have to amend next month's shopping list.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a good looking 1911 for sure, but price... maybe one day, but not today.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh it's nice, but I'd still rather save almost 1k and get the Ruger.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ithaca guns went out of business, some guys from Ithaca bought it, started it up again and eventually went out of business again, they sold the name to some guys in Ohio. This gun is an "Ithaca" gun about as much as I'm the Lone Ranger just because I start saying I am.

You're the Lone Ranger!!!

WOW!!!

Everyone says how famous he is, and now we know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
My Ithaca 1911 looks like this one:

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Well. Here is to another 1911 manf.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
What's it do a $400 Armscor doesn't?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Yours looks better. That other one looks like somehting a Mexican drug pimp would own.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I was thinking it looks pretty good, and digging the style on the cocking serrations....until I saw the FCS too
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Personally, I think that looks like crap.  The grips, jeweling and slide checkering does nothing for me.  I do like the dove tailed sights, skeleton hammer and trigger.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow, never seen a jeweled magazine before.....
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Personally, I think that looks like crap.  The grips, jeweling and slide checkering does nothing for me.  I do like the dove tailed sights, skeleton hammer and trigger.  

I was going to post the same thing, however I don't care for the hammer or trigger either.

The jeweled hammer and mags...

Just my personal preference but I like my 1911s in the traditional style, the only change I make is the addition of a LH safety since I am (surprise) left handed.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ithaca guns went out of business, some guys from Ithaca bought it, started it up again and eventually went out of business again, they sold the name to some guys in Ohio. This gun is an "Ithaca" gun about as much as I'm the Lone Ranger just because I start saying I am.

Big +1 there
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#22]
NO FUCKING WAY!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not really a big fan of jeweling, either.

I'ts what you do to a 1911 after you've engraved it and gold plated it and pearl gripped it and still want more blingy shine.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Looks better at not fitting in the majority of holsters out there for 'em (given that extended slide release).

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#25]
From the second link : "MSRP: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $3,499"

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice gun, but I am more interested in the new M-37 shotguns they are producing............especially if they make a "Trench" model and will slam fire
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#27]

I'd rather have that.

I keep talking about it, but I never seem to get around to purchasing my first 1911.

When I do it, it'll be a repo 70 series Colt.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Get rid of the extended slide stop and that stupid jeweling that's going to wear off anyway, add night sights, and what's left ought to be close to what RRA made before they stopped making 1911's.

<––-still kicking himself for not buying a RRA 1911.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So Ithaca is kind a like Sprinfield Armory these days

Also like the Remington 1911.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Comes in a fancy box

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yours looks better. That other one looks like somehting a Mexican drug pimp would own.

Uh, no.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Meh it's nice, but I'd still rather save almost 1k and get the Ruger.

This.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There are the details like actually owning the name, the patents, trademarks, etc.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#34]
The trigger relief cut is freaky.  Slide checkering is a horrible idea.  Billet frame good.  No MIM parts good.

Problem is once you get around that $1500 price range you can get a perfect custom built to your specs 1911 for the same price.

Names are bought and sold trying to simulate a continuity of an 'old' gun maker.  Ithaca, Dan Wesson, Springfield Armory, and probably a few others.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW!!!

And in before Aimless' Opus penguin avatar starts wearing a Lone Ranger outfit.
actually, that would look pretty cool.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn't spend $1,500 on something that has such awful tool marks on he slide. It looks like they just hold the slide against a belt sander to knock off the high points & let it go at that.

After clicking on the OP's second link & reading the reviews & looking at the photos there it looks even more like a hack job on the finishing.I could live on with those sanding marks on a low end pistol, but not on one with a $1,500 price tag.

"Each and every one of these features is executed to extremely high standards of craftsmanship and finish.".....My Ass!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Apparently you don't shoot much and it has had an easy life.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW!!!

And in before Aimless' Opus penguin avatar starts wearing a Lone Ranger outfit.
actually, that would look pretty cool.

He would be the Lone Moon Sailor Ranger.  A crime fighting cosplay super hero, his only weakness is ice cream cones (or at least when his wife ain't around).

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

When was the last time Browning actually *made* a gun?

Worse yet, what about weatherby?

What's in a name, anyway?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weatherby still makes the MKV, right?  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

More like this.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I kind of like the jeweling... but at that price, I'll just go with Ed Brown or Les Baer and know I'm getting quality and reliability instead of not knowing...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Meh, I'd rather have an SA Operator.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't say that around the Armalite fan boys.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Weatherby still makes the MKV, right?    

Weatherby has never made a MKV, or a Vanguard, or anything else.

Weatherby has never manufactured anything.

Biut they import and/or market (MKV is made in USA) some fine firearms.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Recognition and marketing.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1 It looks like absolute shit. I don't like the slide serrations on the pistol, and I don't care for plain stainless finishes.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are the details like actually owning the name, the patents, trademarks, etc.

I could buy all that stuff from Colt, but I wouldn't be Colt.  
Hmmm...The "Aimless 1911"

Company slogan...Aim less, Shoot More!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top