Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2011 9:12:28 AM EDT
I'm selling a 2002 bayliner capri sport and a guy asked me if it's an open bow.  I have no frickin' clue.  Surely someone here will know.

Thanks and the person that provides the correct info in a timely manner will definitely not get a free monkey.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Got seats, not a cabin, in the front, would be my guess...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing he wants to know if the front is open with seats or it has a ceiling and one of those small beds in the cabin below?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_Rider

Has seats in front of the wheel.  No cabin.

ETA:  Another link with pictures.

http://www.yachting-n-boating.com/Cuddy-Cabin-Bowrider.html
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
The bow is open, i.e. has no upper deck with enclosed space below for seating/berths.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
So, this is something he should have picked up on from the three pics it has in the ad?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So, this is something he should have picked up on from the three pics it has in the ad?

If you had pics and he couldn't figure it out, tell him it's a catamaran.  Or a submarine.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is he claiming that you've got a rich uncle overseas leaving you millions of dollars in his will?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Same thing as a bowrider.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes, unless you didn't have pictures of the deck on the bow.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

He could be a blind man...   looking to get a boat..

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#11]
He is a Nigerian that will offer to pay you 5 times your offer with  a fake money order to ship the boat to London, Eject now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top