Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 8:53:12 PM EDT
I once had a thread about the douchery of Cancer Treatment Centers and their bullshit compassion commercials. Especially how they liked to portray other healthcare people as heartless pricks with no compassion. Especially irritating was the fact that their compassion is directly proportional to the results of your wallet biopsy. And please spare me the "fuck you if you don't have insurance responses" I've been in healthcare for 20 plus years, I know the game. I get sick of the indigent care at times as well. But not all of them are scumbags. Some just have bad luck and difficult circumstances.

Well, I must not be the only healthcare person who took umbrage at their commercials. Their new commercials do not have the references to the lack of compassion of other professionals (which is quite unprofessional to mention in a TV ad).
They focus now on what is true. They offer hope. They offer an option to those who don't want to give up.
Good, be honest. You ain't nothing special, you will allow people to expend their insurance, copays, cash reserves (from all kinds of sources) and their precious time where other docs may have decided that the benefits of treatment don't out weigh the risks/detrimental effects and you should just enjoy your time with family. Fine, all they do is hold out hope and market themselves as compassionate. That is better than their sleezy commercials used to be.

Apparently they got tired of the uninsured calling so now they say on their commercials "call to see if we accept your insurance".  

I really don't like these guys. And yes, I am a conservative and believe in paying for your healthcare. ETA (and occasionally, employee parking).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top