Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 4:25:25 PM EDT
I stopped into my local Pawn Shop and saw an Aimpoint T-1 with a Larue mount sitting under the glass for $369. I thought hot damn until I picked it up. The reticle switched from red to green and there was no serial number on the side. I asked if I could just buy the Larue mount but it was a package deal only. I told the Pawn Shop worker that he had a fake Aimpoint and walked out. No good deal for me today
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
how about a shop name and location ?

help someone out
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
More than likely, unless he is really into dealing optics, than he doesn't know any better. You did good on informing him of its fakeness, but he will need proof. Otherwise, anyone might just claim something is faked to get a better price on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I stopped into my local Pawn Shop and saw an Aimpoint T-1 with a Larue mount sitting under the glass for $369. I thought hot damn until I picked it up. The reticle switched from red to green and there was no serial number on the side. I asked if I could just buy the Larue mount but it was a package deal only. I told the Pawn Shop worker that he had a fake Aimpoint and walked out. No good deal for me today

They have pawn shops in AFG?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have pawn shops in AFG?

With T-1's ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't beat yourself up too bad. It was likely a fake LaRue mount too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't beat yourself up too bad. It was likely a fake LaRue mount too.

Beat me to it
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, Big Brothers Pawn in Springdale Arkansas. Pretty good group of guys. I'm guessing they didn't pay too much for the Aimpoint since the set was only $369. If the Larue mount was a copy it was a damn good copy. Had all the markings on the top and bottom. Oh well. At least I didn't post pictures of the super awesome deal I got and find out from all you jokers it was a fake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top