Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:00:49 PM EDT
Want to get a gasoline siphon for my SHTF gear.  For example, if I need to bug out, and I have two cars, each half full, I could fill one tank from the other.
The siphon they had at AutoZone looked like a cheap piece of junk.
Is there a "best" siphon out there?  Good quality materials, etc.?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Going on a late-night gas shopping spree in your neighborhood?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
On that SHTF TV show where the guy threw his wife's clothes on the front yard, the only thing you need is a screwdriver and hammer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
A few of these

And one of these

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]

For SHTF reasons, can you tell me where to buy that gas can?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
We went to rent a U-Haul van the other day. Turns out that the van that we were supposed to rent had the gas tank siphoned out of it over night.

We got a second van, but noticed that the original van (siphoned one that wouldn't start) had the ground stained below it.

F'ers apparently went full Road Warrior and cut the fuel lines at certain points and collected the precious fuel in pans.

Just walk away.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Super Siphon
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

We went to rent a U-Haul van the other day. Turns out that the van that we were supposed to rent had the gas tank siphoned out of it over night.

We got a second van, but noticed that the original van (siphoned one that wouldn't start) had the ground stained below it.

F'ers apparently went full Road Warrior and cut the fuel lines at certain points and collected the precious fuel in pans.

Just walk away.

LOLOL

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Going on a late-night gas shopping spree in your neighborhood?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread title.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Super Siphon

Thanks.  Unless somebody recommends something better, that's the one I'll get.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]
IIRC, most newer vehicles have antisiphon features built in. My last 2 vehicles (Tacoma & GMC Sierra) don't even have locking gas caps or filler doors. A puncture device & drain bucket are probably the way to go. I do want a Super Siphon to empty my Jerry cans, though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Screw driver, a hammer, a pan, and a good whack.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Just walk away.

My friend used to manage a Uhaul store.

That happens all the time.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

IIRC, most newer vehicles have antisiphon features built in. My last 2 vehicles (Tacoma & GMC Sierra) don't even have locking gas caps or filler doors. A puncture device & drain bucket are probably the way to go. I do want a Super Siphon to empty my Jerry cans, though.

which is fucking retarded b/c now instead of being out 40 bucks in gas your gas tank is ruined too.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
IIRC, most newer vehicles have antisiphon features built in.

I think this safety devise is there to prevent gas from spilling out of the filler neck in the event of a rollover, and they also prevent siphoning as you said.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Kia that has half a tank in it, I don't want to puncture the tank, but I would like to get the gas out of it and put in my Jeep.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's not a gas can, it's an oil drain pan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not a gas can, it's an oil drain pan.
yep oil or coolant drain pan and you should be able to find them at any automotive store I would not store gas in them though I would transfer it to a gas can.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Want to get a gasoline siphon for my SHTF gear.  For example, if I need to bug out, and I have two cars, each half full, I could fill one tank from the other.
The siphon they had at AutoZone looked like a cheap piece of junk.
Is there a "best" siphon out there?  Good quality materials, etc.?

Buy the cheap piece of junk one.  It'll work fine a few times.  
If the SHTF, there will only be enough gas to use it a couple of times.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
The super siphon tip is fairly large, there is a good chance it will not be able to get down in the tank loosely enough for it to function.  I have tried them on chevy trucks with no luck
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Its an oil pan from Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a Kia that has half a tank in it, I don't want to puncture the tank, but I would like to get the gas out of it and put in my Jeep.

There should be a sup or some other way to drain it. Check your local library for a service manual. I know in a '87 VW Cabriolet, there's a direct port to the fuel tank under the back seat, meant for changing the in-the-tank fuel pump.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

just squeeze it out like a lemon....
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Im just a soul whose intentions are good
O lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top