Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 3:00:46 PM EDT
...that we don't lay around on our backs crying and waiting for Big Daddy Government to stick a teat in our mouths in times of crisis. We get shit done on our own!

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Ironically, the advertisement on the original post said "It's easier than ever to leave it all behind."
I guess that's one way to look at it!  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
As I recall, Iowa didnt do that either when they flooded a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Here Here
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Proud Tuscaloosa resident here––-It is great to see my neighbors pull together and take care of each other.
Thanks to all of you who have send money, supplies, and prayers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
How about your Alabamian welfare types?  I'm sure they're screaming for gub'mint help just like the Louisiana types and our own Texas leeches.

There's vermin in all our houses as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
im from ttown too and have been happy with the cleanup
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Surprised that Jessie Jackson isn't hauling his ass down there for a photo shoot "this looks like a slave ship!"  
Oh well, maybe better luck next time Jessie.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#8]
How are you going to survive without FEMA cards??
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about your Alabamian welfare types?  I'm sure they're screaming for gub'mint help just like the Louisiana types and our own Texas leeches.

There's vermin in all our houses as far as I'm concerned.

Oh they have been on the news already bitchin because FBHO didn't come to their shithole when he visited Tuscaloosa.  "We needs helps too!"  Damn oxygen thieves.  I busted ass today helping people I don't know while they sit around with their hands out.  They can sit til they get hungry enough to do something far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I really hate to look at political aspects in the face of such human tragedy.  But in a state that's had catastrophic destruction to every kind of area that exists within,  he makes his PR appearance at the Rosedale housing projects.  One has to wonder if Rosedale was selected because the voting demographics there are more pro-Obama than say- Madison Co. or Cullman.  Just an observation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top