Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/30/2011 11:06:20 AM EDT
No Doubt Obama's Birth Certificate is Legit

It didn’t take long for some of President Obama’s doubters to claim the long-awaited birth certificate posted online by the White House on Wednesday had been altered or might be a fake.

But a leading software expert says there’s no doubt about its authenticity, and he dismisses claims of fraud as flat-out wrong.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
wow, that explains everything...i am totally whelmed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Some people who call themselves "skeptics" who don't understand the fundamental principle by which a true skeptic actually lives, will believe what they want to believe no matter how much evidence is piled on. The 9/11 truthers for example.

Personally, there is alot of other shit Obama can be campaigned against for than his birth certificate. This is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Arfcom could of witnessed Obama being squirted out of his mother deep in the heart of Texas and still not believe he was born in the United States.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
wow, that explains everything...i am totally whelmed.

Thank God thats over with. Now on to other superimportant drivel that the media can spin into more hate for conservatives.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Arfcom could of witnessed Obama being squirted out of his mother deep in the heart of Texas Kenya and still not believe he was born in the United States is an illegal alien.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree completely with that guys assessment, that is in fact an unaltered document.

I took the time to look at myself.  I've been around the photoshop/illustrator block once or twice, this is not my first rodeo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Real or not, what more do you want? If you refuse to believe this last one is real why what could he possibly do to make you believe he was born in the US? As others said, I don't believe there is anything in this world that will convince those that don't want to be convinced of his birth place.

If you continue to refuse documentation you are killing any legitamacy you may have had and hurt your own agenda. It's time to realize you will not win the birth certificate fight whether you are right or wrong. It's time to find another angle on him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
FBHO
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to see a scanner layer a picture. Please show me that! It would be awesome to be able to just unlayer a document and add in new stuff.

Of course thats not how a scanner works, ADOBE doesn't magically unpixelate, and ADOBE/Scanner don't magically change colors of the same in that are right next to eachother.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#11]
If it's the real deal, then SOMEONE tell me WHY it took THIS LONG for it to come to light.

The longer he'd wait to come up with documentation of his eligibility, the more doubts would be raised.  A SMART person,

who HAD proof of his eligibility,  would have come forward with it the first time the question came up,  or beaten everyone

to the punch by submitting it along with his paperwork filing for the candidacy.

That he didn't do that,  brings two possibilities up for evaluation:  1: He's stupid. (Unlikely.)  2:  He didn't have said document

to provide proof.  (My money's on this one.)

It's been almost 2 and a half years into his Presidential term of office,  plus let's consider that the birth question

was certainly asked before the election day.   So...it took 3 years to find it?

Bullshit.

It took 3 years to FORGE YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE THAT MIGHT PASS INSPECTION.

If this one isn't widely accepted,  yet ANOTHER attempt will be forged.

Frankly, at this point,  it's too little too late.  I will NEVER believe that he's legit,   and in large part that's because

of his own mishandling of the matter.   That,  and his own wife and own grandmother both having said that he was born in Kenya,

and trust me,  that's not something your own wife and grandmother are going to say unless they have two specific things

going on:  1:  They are ignorant of the Constitutional requirements for Presidential eligibility.  2:  They believe firmly that he was

born in Kenya,  and where you were  born is not something that your wife is likely to get WRONG.  Does YOUR wife think you were

born in a country (or even a state) that isn't where you were born?   ANYONE?   Probably not.
CJ

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Doubletapped again...

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
you think that if some wingnut like Alex Jones had suggested that W wasn't born in the US, the President of the United States would have rushed right out and gotten a copy of his birth certificate?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Has the WH shown the unscanned document to any third party?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No Doubt Obama's Birth Certificate is Legit

It didn’t take long for some of President Obama’s doubters to claim the long-awaited birth certificate posted online by the White House on Wednesday had been altered or might be a fake.

But a leading software expert says there’s no doubt about its authenticity, and he dismisses claims of fraud as flat-out wrong.

The doubters have latched onto the idea that Adobe Illustrator — the premier program for computer graphic artists — “reveals” evidence of document manipulation in the Obama birth certificate. They note Illustrator reveals nine separate layers of the document, and claim it’s “proof” the file has been altered.

But that’s not so, says Jean-Claude Tremblay, a leading software trainer and Adobe-certified expert, who has years of experience working with and teaching Adobe Illustrator.

“You should not be so suspicious about this,” Tremblay told FoxNews.com, dismissing the allegations.

Obama Birth Certificate Moved to More Secure Location Months AgoHe said the layers cited by doubters are evidence of the use of common, off-the-shelf scanning software — not evidence of a forgery. “I have seen a lot of illustrator documents that come from photos and contain those kind of clippings—and it looks exactly like this,” he said.

Tremblay explained that the scanner optical character recognition (OCR) software attempts to translate characters or words in a photograph into text. He said the layers cited by the doubters shows that software at work – and nothing more.

“When you open it in Illustrator it looks like layers, but it doesn’t look like someone built it from scratch. If someone made a fake it wouldn’t look like this,” he said.“Some scanning software is trying to separate the background and the text and splitting element into layers and parts of layers.”

Tremblay also said that during the scanning process, instances where the software was unable to separate text fully from background led to the creation of a separate layer within the document. This could be places where a signature runs over the line of background, or typed characters touch the internal border of the document.

“I know that you can scan a document from a scanner most of the time it will appear as one piece, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no software that’s doing this kind of stuff,” he said, adding that it’s really quite common.

“I’d be more afraid it’d be fake if it was one in piece. It would be harder to check if it’s a good one if it’s a fake,” Tremblay said.

this guy? google Jean-Claude Tremblay+Obama Campaign and here is some of what you will get....

‘Yes We Did! An inside look at how social media built the Obama brand
Jul 28, 2010 ... In Yes We Did, new media strategist and campaign volunteer ... Jean-Claude Tremblay. Rahaf Harfoush have done a remarkable job in this book ...’

http://www.amazon.com/inside-social-media-built-Obama/dp/0321631536

yeah, I'm fucking sure he's got an honest opinion
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.black-and-right.com/2011/04/30/should-experts-be-trusted/#more-55452

If it's not a forgery then explain why the Father's race is "African" instead of Colored or Negro???

Why is the number of the certificate out of sequence for the time period???

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

you think that if some wingnut like Alex Jones had suggested that W wasn't born in the US, the President of the United States would have rushed right out and gotten a copy of his birth certificate?

It was Hillary Clinton's campaign that initially raised the question..

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
this guy? google Jean-Claude Tremblay+Obama Campaign and here is some of what you will get....

Jul 28, 2010 ... In Yes We Did, new media strategist and campaign volunteer ... Jean-Claude Tremblay. Rahaf Harfoush have done a remarkable job in this book ...’

well, if someone with the same name once wrote a review of a book on amazon, the president's birth certificate is fake.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
There's no doubt my check for a million dollars is legit. Cash it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
you think that if some wingnut volunteers working on his opponent's campaign like Alex Jones had suggested that W wasn't born in the US, the President of the United States would have rushed right out and gotten a copy of his birth certificate?

It was Hillary Clinton's campaign that initially raised the question..  

ok, fixed it.  but I'm not sure it changes the answer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If it's the real deal, then SOMEONE tell me WHY it took THIS LONG for it to come to light.

The longer he'd wait to come up with documentation of his eligibility, the more doubts would be raised.  A SMART person,

who HAD proof of his eligibility,  would have come forward with it the first time the question came up,  or beaten everyone

to the punch by submitting it along with his paperwork filing for the candidacy.

That he didn't do that,  brings two possibilities up for evaluation:  1: He's stupid. (Unlikely.)  2:  He didn't have said document

to provide proof.  (My money's on this one.)

It's been almost 2 and a half years into his Presidential term of office,  plus let's consider that the birth question

was certainly asked before the election day.   So...it took 3 years to find it?

Bullshit.

It took 3 years to FORGE YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE THAT MIGHT PASS INSPECTION.

If this one isn't widely accepted,  yet ANOTHER attempt will be forged.

Frankly, at this point,  it's too little too late.  I will NEVER believe that he's legit,   and in large part that's because

of his own mishandling of the matter.   That,  and his own wife and own grandmother both having said that he was born in Kenya,

and trust me,  that's not something your own wife and grandmother are going to say unless they have two specific things

going on:  1:  They are ignorant of the Constitutional requirements for Presidential eligibility.  2:  They believe firmly that he was

born in Kenya,  and where you were  born is not something that your wife is likely to get WRONG.  Does YOUR wife think you were

born in a country (or even a state) that isn't where you were born?   ANYONE?   Probably not.
CJ

Why bother when it makes his opponents look crazy and worried about important issues.  Remember what happened to the last president the republican party tried to hound out of office, bill clinton's poll ratings never went higher than when the republican party impeached him.  The only thing it was keep them busy and make him look like a martyr .

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, if someone with the same name once wrote a review of a book on amazon, the president's birth certificate is fake.

so after reading the review, how would you describe mr tremblay's political stance?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Has the WH shown the unscanned document to any third party?

This !!!

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
so after reading the review, how would you describe mr tremblay's political stance?

I didn't read the review, and I don't even know that it's the same person.  I don't care what his political stance is.  but if he's wrong about the BC, let's prove it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#25]
U K L Lee?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Real or not, what more do you want? If you refuse to believe this last one is real why what could he possibly do to make you believe he was born in the US? As others said, I don't believe there is anything in this world that will convince those that don't want to be convinced of his birth place.

If you continue to refuse documentation you are killing any legitamacy you may have had and hurt your own agenda. It's time to realize you will not win the birth certificate fight whether you are right or wrong. It's time to find another angle on him.

I believe his family.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't read the review, and I don't even know that it's the same person.  I don't care what his political stance is.  but if he's wrong about the BC, let's prove it.

Like I said in another thread, let me pick 5 independent forensic experts and allow them to examine the ORIGINAL document, I'll go with whatever the majority agrees.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I've never had any illusions that he would be removed from office, my interest was in the truth and more importantly that this issue made as public as possible so that the country does not have to deal with this uncertainty again.  His own actions are what caused this contraversy in the first place.  If he hadn't deliberately stalled and stonewalled and just produced the darn thing at the beginning it would never have been an issue.

That being said, I have no doubts about the ability of the government to find and produce a so called "expert" to say whatever they want them to say.  I do not trust ANYTHING the government says and when their supposed authentic document turns up with the issues this one has I'm not going to just accept it as gospel from on high and walk away like a sheep, and neither should anyone else.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said in another thread, let me pick 5 independent forensic experts and allow them to examine the ORIGINAL document, I'll go with whatever the majority agrees.

I think you'll just have to live with being unconvinced
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

there's only about 1000 you tube videos showing it to be a fake, how much proof do you need? however much is offered you true believers won't accept it
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you'll just have to live with being unconvinced

Yup, but this is VERY easy to put to rest if you truly wanted to put it to rest. Instead there has been nonstop obfuscation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there's only about 1000 you tube videos showing it to be a fake, how much proof do you need? however much is offered you true believers won't accept it

there are a thousand youtube videos that show the gov't pulled off 9/11.  how do you feel about that?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#33]
The entire issue is a distraction from Obama's real-life deficiencies.  The bottom line is that Obama is legally the president.  If he were to be removed due to ineligibility, then more proof would be needed than to simply ask "how come he hasn't released his long form for two years."  The birthers never really had any solid proof, only some inconsitencies and questions.  What's more, the only thing they accomplished is to descredit conservatives as a bunch of kooks.

Still, having said all that, I don't put much faith in Jean-Claude Tremblay, "a leading software trainer and Adobe-certified expert."  What is his background in detecting counterfeit documents?  He's a SOFTWARE TRAINER, not a document examiner.  How many phony birth certificates has even he seen?  How many counterfeits has he detected amongst a group of legitimate ones?  I have no reason to doubt the document, but if a news show is going to interview an expert, then it should be an expert in authenticating documents, not a software trainer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there's probably tens of thousands of videos on youtube claiming "proof" that 9/11 was an inside job.  People who believe in crazy conspiracy theories always find a way to exclude any evidence that doesn't fit in with the ones they believe.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there are a thousand youtube videos that show the gov't pulled off 9/11.  how do you feel about that?

nice straw man there, osama bin laden pulled off 9/11. why are you covering for obama?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Some people who call themselves "skeptics" who don't understand the fundamental principle by which a true skeptic actually lives, will believe what they want to believe no matter how much evidence is piled on. The 9/11 truthers for example.

Personally, there is alot of other shit Obama can be campaigned against for than his birth certificate. This is a waste of time.

And makes the Right look like idiots.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yup, but this is VERY easy to put to rest if you truly wanted to put it to rest. Instead there has been nonstop obfuscation.

come on, you know this could never be put to rest completely.  just like the 9/11 truthers or JFK conspiracy nuts will never be put to rest.  

he's released the short form and long form birth certificates.  birth notices were published in the local papers.  one of his teachers has said she remembers the day he was born.  etc etc

if you don't want to believe now, you won't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nice straw man there, osama bin laden pulled off 9/11. why are you covering for obama?

don't use big words you don't know the meaning of.

thousands of nutter videos claim obama's birth certificate is fake.  just like thousands of nutter videos claim 9/11 was an inside job.  a lot of them are made by the same people.  

what is that proof of?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm withholding judgment until Dan Rather says it's legit.  Then I'll know for sure.

I thought Ann Coulter summed it up best:  If there really was something there, don't you think Hillary's Dirt Squad goons would have found and used it during the primary?

Still, he f'd up by dragging his feet for so long.  The fact that he dragged it out means there are now a lot more people who think something must be fishy; otherwise what took him so long?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

come on, you know this could never be put to rest completely.  just like the 9/11 truthers or JFK conspiracy nuts will never be put to rest.  

he's released the short form and long form birth certificates.  birth notices were published in the local papers.  one of his teachers has said she remembers the day he was born.  etc etc

if you don't want to believe now, you won't.

No, I have told you what analysis would remove all doubt for me, and it is not a stretch to expect that an original be subject to examination. If you were going to buy a rare painting would you trust the seller's word as to its pedigree? If you were buying a house would you blindly trust the seller's appraiser and inspector? So far the original remains under lock and key and we're asked to trust what others say, sorry it takes a little more than that at this point to remove all doubt with me. If Hawaii made an exception to release copies of the long form per Obama's request, they can make another exception to allow a hands-on examination (under supervision of course). It is not going to happen because they don't want an independent analysis done. Why I don't know, since as you all say, he was clearly born here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Regardless of the authenticity of the document, he's still got a funny name and he's kinda black.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thousands of nutter videos claim obama's birth certificate is fake.  just like thousands of nutter videos claim 9/11 was an inside job.  a lot of them are made by the same people.  

what is that proof of?

I guess you just really want to believe the it's real.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Regardless of the authenticity of the document, he's still got a funny name and he's kinda black.

I've been told he's not black.  I think he's supposed to be some sort of kenyan/arab mongrel mix.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Why OCR it to begin with?  If it was scanned only for proof, then a .tiff file would have done.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is that proof of?

I guess you just really want to believe the it's real.

I don't 'believe' anything.  there's a lot of evidence he was born in hawaii and no evidence he was not.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No, I have told you what analysis would remove all doubt for me, and it is not a stretch to expect that an original be subject to examination. If you were going to buy a rare painting would you trust the seller's word as to its pedigree? If you were buying a house would you blindly trust the seller's appraiser and inspector? So far the original remains under lock and key and we're asked to trust what others say, sorry it takes a little more than that at this point to remove all doubt with me. If Hawaii made an exception to release copies of the long form per Obama's request, they can make another exception to allow a hands-on examination (under supervision of course). It is not going to happen because they don't want an independent analysis done. Why I don't know, since as you all say, he was clearly born here.

if Presidents need to have their birth certificates examined by forensics experts, maybe some of the former Presidents could step up and offer to be the first.  that would make sense, if they don't have anything to hide.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why OCR it to begin with?  If it was scanned only for proof, then a .tiff file would have done.

Been wondering that myself
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, I'd say that they are having just as much luck making something stick as anyone else is.

Yes, there is a lot to campaign on against Obama.  So why in the FUCK don't the Republicans grow a set of balls and start doing it?

LC
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if Presidents need to have their birth certificates examined by forensics experts, maybe some of the former Presidents could step up and offer to be the first.  that would make sense, if they don't have anything to hide.

I've got no problem with that, although kind of moot as they do not currently hold office. I think anybody running for president, or any office, should be required to prove they meet the requirements to hold said office. Is that really too much to ask? Shit I went through a more extensive background check for several of my jobs than Obama had to go through to run for president.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got no problem with that, although kind of moot as they do not currently hold office. I think anybody running for president, or any office, should be required to prove they meet the requirements to hold said office. Is that really too much to ask? Shit I went through a more extensive background check for several of my jobs than Obama had to go through to run for president.

I have no doubt that the information I had to submit in order to get my Deuce and a Half from the Federal Government was more thorough than anything Obama had to do to run for President.

LC
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top