Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 9:21:29 AM EDT
I have Microsoft Office 2000. I am using Word to make up some fliers I am going to hang up around town.  How do I make tabs on the bottom? By making tabs I mean have vertical text on the bottom couple inches that I can cut every inch or so allowing people to tear off my company name and phone number.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Insert a table with one row and however many columns you want there to be tabs. In Table Properties go into Borders and make the borders black lines or whatever you want. I am not sure if Word 2000 has a way to spin the text orientation so the type reads vertically like the spine of a book, but it might.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Craigslist is easier
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Insert a table with one row and however many columns you want there to be tabs. In Table Properties go into Borders and make the borders black lines or whatever you want. I am not sure if Word 2000 has a way to spin the text orientation so the type reads vertically like the spine of a book, but it might.

I made the table but I am not seeing the option for vertical text. Does the newer version of Word allow that?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I made the table but I am not seeing the option for vertical text. Does the newer version of Word allow that?
2003, 2007, and 2010 allow it, but I never use it. No idea about 2000.

Use the help. Search for:

rotate text

you might need to put the text in a text box and rotate the text box.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top