Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 2:39:59 AM EDT
Short and sweet. Great juxtaposition between Reagan and the recession he was elected into and Obama and the one he was elected into.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/570566/201104281910/And-They-Call-It-A-Recovery-.htm

Growth: It's been nearly two full years since the recession officially ended, and the economy is still struggling to get off the ground. It didn't have to be this way.

read more at the link

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
the numbers you show are deceiving.  Obama had the "advantage" of giving corporations LARGE sums of tax pay dollars...which Reagan did not do.  If you factored that out....Obama's so called "recovery" is not a recovery at all.  

Obama is in so far over his head.......classic liberal.   I love talking to people who voted for this fucktard......they like to lay very low now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

the numbers you show are deceiving. Obama had the "advantage" of giving corporations LARGE sums of tax pay dollars...which Reagan did not do. If you factored that out....Obama's so called "recovery" is not a recovery at all.

Obama is in so far over his head.......classic liberal. I love talking to people who voted for this fucktard......they like to lay very low now.

Not my numbers, they are the article's.

But the numbers show exactly what they are supposed to show. Free market reforms are the true path to recovery. Not a bunch of Keynsian bullshit.

I also disagree with the term 'recovery' the article uses and also as well love to fuck with the libs talking about the current economy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]
THIS is a RECOVERY?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:12:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

THIS is a RECOVERY?

To give the article a little credit it does use these two phrases...

"economy is struggling to get off the ground"

and

"worst recovery in 70 years"

But I would have liked for it to talk about the mislabeling.
However the comparison info between the early 80's and now is excellent.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the numbers you show are deceiving.  Obama had the "advantage" of giving corporations LARGE sums of tax pay dollars...which Reagan did not do.  If you factored that out....Obama's so called "recovery" is not a recovery at all.  

Obama is in so far over his head.......classic liberal.   [b]I love talking to people who voted for this fucktard......they like to lay very low now.[/[/b]quote]

Kinda like Clinton...he won, but you can't find anyone who voted for him.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Problem is with 0bungo and his ilk, they think Government is the solution.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
THIS is a RECOVERY?

In liberal-esque relative terms, yes...when something is getting worse at a slower rate, that's improvement.

Like unemployment #s, they cheer when NEW jobless claims drop...note that there are still new jobless claims, but the number was less than last week/month/whatever, so that's GOOD!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:47:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
THIS is a RECOVERY?

And your chart is fucked up. Use U6 like what is shown in Reagans graph. U6 has not improved under the Oboma presidency.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#9]
My opinion: all the additional layers of government, regulation, taxes, plus greatly expanded entitlements at all levels of the US economy have made a recovery like the 1981-84 time period impossible.  Liberal policies are insidious and if you want to see where we are headed look to Europe.  They have permanent 9-10 percent unemployment.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Ask a person on the street if our economy is better today than it was two years ago.
I bet their answer will be no.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My opinion: all the additional layers of government, regulation, taxes, plus greatly expanded entitlements at all levels of the US economy have made a recovery like the 1981-84 time period impossible.  Liberal policies are insidious and if you want to see where we are headed look to Europe.  They have permanent 9-10 percent unemployment.

This is a very important point that is too often overlooked when discussing the economy now.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:07:13 AM EDT
[#12]
The recession ended?

Oh.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:10:40 AM EDT
[#13]
if you want to see where we are headed look to Europe. They have permanent 9-10 percent unemployment.

My understanding is thats its all how you want to measure it, but the true rate of unemployment in europe is more like 18%. Almost what we really have here as well. I dont think this is the worst recession in 70 years either, thats just cover for obamas failure.

One of the problems we face is that so many business of all types have left the country, that it is nearly impossible to get  a strong recovery. I also remember in the 80s, there were tons of jobs and much easier to get. There are dam few jobs now and very difficult to get.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Send this to Obama immediately. He needs to know he is doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:49:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#16]
The big difference is how the media reported the two recoveries. During Reagan recovery, it was like the economy was getting worse every day, doom, gloom, "He's destroying us" mentality. Now they act like we are seeing a Reagane like recovery and it's all wonderful.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#17]
We're not in a recovery.  We're living on QE2 and when those funds gives out, it's going to be QE3 with further devaluation of the dollar and an increase in commodity prices.  Heck, the Chinese may accelerate their dumping of two out of three trillion dollars in T-Bills if we go QE3.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Hope and Change.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#19]
In '82 liberals stuck Reagan with complete responsibility for the bad economy.

Wake me up if any time in the next two years they admit Obummer has anything to do with it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hope and Change.

Hoax and Chains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top