Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 11:08:53 PM EDT
You drive by a car parked in the parking lot of a bookstore surrounded by three males. It's 2:30 am. You are carrying. You see two of the guys making aggressive gestures at each other, but considering that they appear to be college kids (it's a big college town), you think to yourself that it's more probable that they're just horsing around than that it's a serious fight. The third male is just looking on.

Then, as you're about 100 meters past the parking lot, you see them start full on swinging at each other (EDIT: while looking in your rear view mirror of course). As you slow down, you notice that one of them gets knocked to the ground. You're about 150-200 meters from them at this point. You hear yelling, and not playful yelling. At this point, the fight has been going on for about 10 seconds. You are stopped along the street with your lights off. None of them notice that you have stopped.

What do you do?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
blow my rape whistle
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
At this point is your zipper up or down?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep walking. Let nature take its course.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

blow my rape whistle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAifzyTw0e8

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Leave.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Call 911

Im not getting into that shit, if the guy was trying to run away or something, maybe...
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
call the cops

fuck it not my fight

and who the fuck knows what kinda dynamics are at play there
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
If a guy I don't know wants to beat the shit out of another guy I don't know, I have no interest in risking my safety.  The guy getting beat up should have been carrying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Record the fight and post it on YouTube, bro!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#10]
if you are driving for 200 meters while looking behind you then you might have just crashed into something.  
As for the fight call the popo and let them sort it out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Call the cops then blade as necessary.  

Letting trash get away with that sort of behavior only perpetuates it.  Everyone here keeps complaining about the decline of society... step up and take a stand against it

EDIT:  I live in Texas, and they encourage intervening.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Call 911. As a general rule I try avoid getting invloved in other people 'tardfests.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

if you are driving for 200 meters while looking behind you then you might have just crashed into something.  
As for the fight call the popo and let them sort it out.

This...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Call 911. As a general rule I try avoid getting invloved in other people 'tardfests.

Yep.

Just driving by, it's nearly impossible to know if it's an actual robbery/assault or a lovers quarrel or some other BS.  You stop for a few people fighting and they can all turn on you extremely quickly.  Game over.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I cant believe these posts. Grab some popcorn and put some money on those bitches.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Just driving by, it's nearly impossible to know if it's an actual robbery/assault or a lovers quarrel or some other BS.  You stop for a few people fighting and they can all turn on you extremely quickly.  Game over.

My thoughts exactly. What I did was stop, call 911, and observe at a safe distance to make sure no one was getting their head stomped or something (and also to be a good witness). Just because there are no weapons involved in a fight doesn't mean it can't turn deadly. As it turns out, the police took less than a minute to arrive. I have to say, given my experiences with the cops in my town, they're absolutely phenomenal.

Interestingly, my buddy who was in the car with me heard one of them yell "I'm not going to hurt you; I'm going to murder you." I didn't hear him say that since I was on the phone, but I could hear them screaming loudly at each other. Even then, under no circumstances was I going to intervene unless I felt like something really, really bad was going to happen (i.e., dude on the ground getting his head stomped, getting hit with a tire iron, etc.).

It was one of the nastier fights I've seen though. Even at a distance, by the time the cops got there I could tell one of the dude's faces was pretty bloody. He got knocked to the ground twice pretty hard. I've seen my fair share of fights too. It was also kind of strange...the fight happened one block down from me.

All in all, made for a mildly interesting end to my evening.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#17]
It could be just a fight. It could be an attempted murder. Watch from a safe distance. Call the cops. Intervene only if it escalates into a life and death struggle, before the cops arrive. By intervene, I mean get only as involved as you have to to get their attention. Let them know the police have been called and they are being watched. If they turn aggressive towards you, back off if you can. Defend yourself if you must.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I would have let Darwin have the final say then called the cops.

The world has too many stupid people.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:35:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Get naked and run at them.  Nobody wants to fuck with a naked guy running at them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

blow my rape whistle

For real.

I never leave home without my Bear Grylls rape whistle.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Any adult males fucking around in an empty parking lot at 0230 are responsible for themselves, imho. Short of an obvious mugging or some such, its not my problem, and I won't even waste the time to pull out my phone and dial 911.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:09:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Letting trash get away with that sort of behavior only perpetuates it.  Everyone here keeps complaining about the decline of society... step up and take a stand against it

Wow, thank you.  I've pretty much given up on "gun owners".  Funny they "carry" to protect themselves or family member, but will watch another person in society be beaten or robbed, raped, killed, etc. in real life.  But on the internet, if they were around at the time of the crime then talk about what they would have done.  

We have the gang problems and lack of values because good people are afraid to get involved when they see people behaving poorly.

"Its not my fight" Call the cops
"I don't know them" Call the cops
"Leave" Call the cops
etc, etc, etc,

Arfcom rule no.1   Never let the man in your life.  Don't talk to the police ever!   So why are you calling them?

ETA: At a minimum, I would turn around, and aim my headlights and light them all up with the high beams.  Maybe even start honking to draw more attention, and call the police, and stick around till they show up, or the party leaves.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, thank you.  I've pretty much given up on "gun owners".  Funny they "carry" to protect themselves or family member, but will watch another person in society be beaten or robbed, raped, killed, etc. in real life.  But on the internet, if they were around at the time of the crime then talk about what they would have done.  

We have the gang problems and lack of values because good people are afraid to get involved when they see people behaving poorly.

"Its not my fight" Call the cops
"I don't know them" Call the cops
"Leave" Call the cops
etc, etc, etc,

Arfcom rule no.1   Never let the man in your life.  Don't talk to the police ever!   So why are you calling them?

Because it was guys instead of girls.

If it had been girls fighting, the overwhelming Arfcom answer would have been "Masturbate furiously."

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:20:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Roll down my window.

Drive the car at them, engine screaming on the redline.

Stick my head out of the window.

Scream WOOP WOOP WOOP ITS DA POLICE MOFUGGAS!

Do a big smokey donut-burnout around the group of them.

HONK MY DAMN HORN

Drive the fuck off and flip them the fuck off through my window.

Leave them all looking like this:

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:24:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Drive on and call the cops.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Too many bystanders in the world already... Thats why we are in the mess we are in in this country.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:54:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Depends on who's getting the beat down.  If the beatee is wearing a Green Peace T shirt or something I'd giggle and walk on
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:33:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This.  Never know, one day it might just be you on the ground getting your face stomped in wishing somebody would help you.

Karma....
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:23:50 AM EDT
[#29]
The ONLY reason that a neighborhood goes to hell is that the residents of said neighborhood ALLOW it to. In my neighborhood we defend against all evil, "foreign" or "domestic", and go figure, my neighborhood is a nice place to live. If you want to live in a nicer community, MAKE IT SO.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#30]
911. no ones life is in danger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Traditionally, I would probably mind my own business.
For all I know the reason for the beat-down is completely justified...I dont know the background.

Still, these days, I'd probably be inclined to get into my truck, drive up to the scene and ask if everyone is ok...with my CCW easily accessible...my role wouldnt be to get involved, but more to get a close eye on the situation and determine if the cops need to get called.

I wouldnt instinctively call 911 just because I saw a fist fight.
I can imagine hitting someone for a lot of reasons...and I wouldnt want the police involved just because some busy-body couldnt stay out of my business.

That all said, if someone looked really hurt, I'd make the call just to get a rig rolling toward the scene.

If there were visible weapons, whole differnt thing...would probably just dial 911, give information, and stay at a safe distance in my vehicle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:57:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
911. no ones life is in danger.

This if anything !
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Roll down my window.

Drive the car at them, engine screaming on the redline.

Stick my head out of the window.

Scream WOOP WOOP WOOP ITS DA POLICE MOFUGGAS!

Do a big smokey donut-burnout around the group of them.

HONK MY DAMN HORN

Drive the fuck off and flip them the fuck off through my window.

Leave them all looking like this:

Ok, you got me with that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Call Eddie Eagle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#35]
No women or children involved. Call the LEO and stay as a witness.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I turn around and go back to see if they've commenced some SURPRIZE BUTTSECKS on the individual and ask to join in.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#37]
KTA and leave quietly?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:05:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Video tape the confrontation and then try to sell it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#39]
eat popcorn and watch the show...

take bets if more onlookers show up...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#40]
I would  have stopped, beat all 3, sorted their wallets and car.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Call the 5-0 and observe from a safe distance to be a witness to the events.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Drive on and call the cops.

This, nothing more or less.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#43]
I gun the engine, the tires squeal as I drive out to 3km.  Calmly, I exit the vehicle and retrieve my .50 BMG that I keep stored in the trunk for just these occasions.

Adjusting for elevation and windage I put the crosshairs on the now tired assailant who is kicking the downed victim.  That's when I realize the assailant is a terrorist wearing a disguise to blend in with the college crowd.  The person looking around disinterested is really scanning for help.  It's a woman dressed in large clothing to appear as a man.  She appears to be an eastern european hooker that is likely being sold into the sex trade.  I calmly let out half a breath and squeeze the trigger as the tango's head erupts in an explosion of blood and brain.  Scanning the area it looks clear.  I hear some twigs breaking behind me and I turn drawing to assess the threat.  "Nice fucking shot", Mike Harmon says to me.  "Come join my elite commando squad in the mythical valley of the keldara.  There you can bang barely legal girls and train with the greatest fighting force in the world.  How about it?"

Leaving my wife and child behind to go bang barely legal girls and shoot Chechens...not even a hard choice. Fate has brought me to my ultimate destiny.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Move on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top