Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/29/2011 2:47:14 PM EDT
Former Narcotics Detective, Former DEA Task Force Officer, & Foreign Intelligence Agent Russ Jones speaks out against the so called, "War on Drugs."

Russ is a speaker for both LEAP, (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition), and DPFT, (Drug Policy Forum of Texas).

Russ Jones has become one of the most sought out speakers in America regarding this issue.

http://vimeo.com/19081481
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
As usual, first post nails it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
nevermind
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So the dude takes the taxpayers money and benefits for forty years and after he retires, has a change of heart and gets paid to talk at functions?

I wonder if he's discontinued his pension payments and lifelong medical that he received from this unjust war on drugs?

He's like the Al Gore of the WoD.
John
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So the dude takes the taxpayers money and benefits for forty years and after he retires, has a change of heart and gets paid to talk at functions?

I wonder if he's discontinued his pension payments and lifelong medical that he received from this unjust war on drugs?

As if he were the only guy with a government job that was at odds with their personal beliefs.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hahahahahahahaha!!  

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone really find this analogy inaccurate?

The WOD has cost all American many rights.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

John

Aren't you a CA state narcotics officer that helps the feds bust state-legal grow ops & dispensaries?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John

Aren't you a CA state narcotics officer that helps the feds bust state-legal grow ops & dispensaries?

Yep. Although dispensaries are more of a side gig.

And for the record, I've never served a federal search warrant on a dispensary.
John
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, get caught with a bag of pot in the United States and they can steal your car or house.

Meanwhile,  thousands of U.S. troops march past the entire world's opium supply every day and all you hear is excuses.  "We can't take away their livelihood".  

It's like watching A Clockwork Orange on fast forward.  There is no logical explanation of America's drug policy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're state LE that doesn't agree with state law and you're doing what you can to get people arrested on federal charges because your precious state won't let you?  Pathetic.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, get caught with a bag of pot in the United States and they can steal your car or house.

Meanwhile,  thousands of U.S. troops march past the entire world's opium supply every day and all you hear is excuses.  "We can't take away their livelihood".  

It's like watching A Clockwork Orange on fast forward.  There is no logical explanation of America's drug policy.

Never thought of it like that, but damn, when you're right, you're right.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're state LE that doesn't agree with state law and you're doing what you can to get people arrested on federal charges because your precious state won't let you? Pathetic.

I didn't say that.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

John

John

So you get paid by the taxpayers of CA, to enforce the laws of CA, but instead you ignore the laws decided by the will of the people who employ you, and actively work to undermine them.

Charming.

ETA: Beaten by seconds.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're state LE that doesn't agree with state law and you're doing what you can to get people arrested on federal charges because your precious state won't let you? Pathetic.

I didn't say that.

Care to expound on your agreement with the statement in bold?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say that.

That sounds exactly like what you said.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are a state/county/city LEO helping Feds bust people on Federal laws when what they are doing is not against state law.

Yes or no?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't say that.

I thought I clarified completely.  I've never served a federal search warrant on a dispensary in the State of California.  I've also never served a search warrant on a dispensary that was working within the law.  Just like the disensary owners, you guys tend to hear what you want to hear and disregard the inconvenient truth.
John

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say that.

I thought I clarified completely.  I've never served a federal search warrant on a dispensary in the State of California.  I've also never served a search warrant on a dispensary that was working within the law.  Just like the disensary owners, you guys tend to hear what you want to hear and disregard the inconvenient truth.

John

Clear as mud there, Deputy Droopy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't say that.

I thought I clarified completely. I've never served a federal search warrant on a dispensary in the State of California. I've also never served a search warrant on a dispensary that was working within the law. Just like the disensary owners, you guys tend to hear what you want to hear and disregard the inconvenient truth.
John

Clear as mud there, Deputy Droopy.

Already went to name calling.

John

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

2 things I think

It's a long way back to try and start over on this.

And

Do as I say, not as I do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#21]
It is a license to stomp whomever the government, or any person with a badge for that matter, might feel like destroying that day.

That license must be revoked.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't say that.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are a state/county/city LEO helping Feds bust people on Federal laws when what they are doing is not against state law.

Yes or no?

NO
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say that.

Yes or no?

NO

Then what was the 'Yes' part?
The part where I asked you a simple, clear, direct question, and you answered 'yes'.

What exactly were you saying 'yes' to if it wasn't in answer to the question above?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

The part where I asked you a simple, clear, direct question, and you answered 'yes'.

What exactly were you saying 'yes' to if it wasn't in answer to the question above?

Yes, I am a state narcotics officer.

I don't only work dispensaries.

I work with state and federal law enforcement.

When dealing with dispensaries, I have only assisted state or local law enforcement with investigations or search warrants.

The city of L.A. has 1600 dispensaries that work within the state law. I've assisted in 20-24 dispensaries in the past year that have for one reason or another, chosen to not work within the law. 98%, the reason is money.

You do realize there is no outright enforcement of all dispenaries, right?

You guys really don't have a clue how police work works, huh?

You guys probably believe we use Blackwater Inc during warrants too? That's the new trend in paranoid pot heads up this way.
John

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

You know exactly who I am and what I do, otherwise you wouldn't have listed my near exact job description.

You want the license plate to my UC car and my home address too?

John

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Already went to name calling.

John

You expected anything different???????
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
NO

You know exactly who I am and what I do, otherwise you wouldn't have listed my near exact job description.

You want the license plate to my UC car and my home address too?

John

No, I really don't.

What I wanted to know was whether your work contradicted state law. It sounds from your most recent description that it does not.
I certainly have no issue w/ any state police officer upholding the laws of their state.

Thanks for the work you do.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

When dealing with dispensaries, I have only assisted state or local law enforcement with investigations or search warrants.

The city of L.A. has 1600 dispensaries that work within the sate law. I've assisted in 20-24 dispensaries in the past year that have for one reason or another, chosen to not work within the law. 98%, the reason is money.
John

Oh boy. the law sucks and you are only helping people hate LE more by simply following orders. why dont you go after the drug cartels instead of a bunch of hippies and a natural growing plant?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO

The city of L.A. has 1600 dispensaries that work within the sate law. I've assisted in 20-24 dispensaries in the past year that have for one reason or another, chosen to not work within the law. 98%, the reason is money.
John

Oh boy. the law sucks and you are only helping people hate LE more by simply following orders. why dont you go after the drug cartels instead of a bunch of hippies and a natural growing plant?

That's my regular gig.

I don't think you guys know how a task force really works. At any given time, we have 5-8 thing cooking at the same time. One day a 90 location gang injunction warrant, the next a dispensary, some surveillance for a wire tap, follow a murder suspect, follow a money car down to the border.

That was this week alone.

We assist, city, state and feds upon request.

As far a a bunch of hippies growing a natural plant, that is part of the Legalize It propagada machine. Most dispensaries are a money making machine for the Mexican Mafia, organized crime, and carreer criminals.  Those are the ones we close.

John

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
NO

John

why dont you go after the drug cartels instead of a bunch of hippies and a natural growing plant?

My God, that's brilliant!  No one has EVER thought of going after the cartels!!!!!!!  YOU SHOULD BE THE DIRECTOR OF THE DEA!!!!!!11111
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Former Narcotics Detective, Former DEA Task Force Officer, & Foreign Intelligence Agent Russ Jones speaks out against the so called, "War on Drugs."

Russ is a speaker for both LEAP, (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition), and DPFT, (Drug Policy Forum of Texas).

Russ Jones has become one of the most sought out speakers in America regarding this issue.

So, enough about me, let's get back on track.

This is just one of Jones videos that I've seen. The dudes articulate, works the stats in his faver, and has a money making agenda with his speaking engagement fees.

You can choose to believe him or not.

Adn I take back my comment about him being the Al Gore of the WoD.  Jones definately believe in what he is saying and the it is for the betterment of the country.  Al Gore pushes Global Warming to scam money.

Thanks for posting.

John
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah!  Start your own WOD!  That's a great idea!  Quit "Following Orders"!  Start targeting those big guys!  Everyone knows that cops get to do anything they want and enforce any law they want.  Nothing is stopping you from puttin' the hurt on those cartels!  

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Coke, heroin, X, meth.... no, that's a war on drugs.

LSD, shrooms, pot?  Fuck that noise.  If you want to trip or get stoned, who cares.  Never seen a stoner flip shit and kill someone.  Just saying.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Coke, heroin, X, meth.... no, that's a war on drugs.

LSD, shrooms, pot? Fuck that noise. If you want to trip or get stoned, who cares. Never seen a stoner flip shit and kill someone. Just saying.

A stoner killed my friend 2 years ago when he got on the wrong side of the freeway and collided with my buddy at 70 mph.  Just saying.

John
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Meanwhile, thousands of U.S. troops march past the entire world's opium supply every day and all you hear is excuses. "We can't take away their livelihood".

It's like watching A Clockwork Orange on fast forward. There is no logical explanation of America's drug policy.

I was one of them last year.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, enough about me, let's get back on track.

This is just one of Jones videos that I've seen. The dudes articulate, works the stats in his faver, and has a money making agenda with his speaking engagement fees.

You can choose to believe him or not.

And I take back my comment about him being the Al Gore of the WoD. Jones definately believe in what he is saying and the it is for the betterment of the country. Al Gore pushes Global Warming to scam money.

Thanks for posting.

John

Ooops

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#40]
The WOD is a complete unmitigated expensive failure. We the tax payer have been robbed blind by this program and it`s collateral costs to our culture. I`ve seen 10-15 officer kick a door down to take a guy and his 1/2 ounce of pot down. The actual cost for the operation will be well past $6-7 thousand  plus the unintended costs going forward for all the intangibles. All this for 15-20 joints?

This is where Gov`t is really really screwed up. The police guys have NEVER had an MBA do a cost analysis of their actions. If a study were to be done the taxpayers would explode at the TRUE cost. Sure, some pothead spent the night in jail. WOW,,,what a tremendous accomplishment. We as a society have spent billions on this with the result being?

Dead border patrol agent
Dead ice agent
Somewhere an innocent Granny wet her pantys when her door was erroneously smashed in
Better cheaper drugs of more types that ever before are easier to obtain than ever
Militarization of all police agencies from local through Federal resulting in a festering relationship between the public and leo
Political dynastys in place continuing to vote against our interests (some of the politicians built their careers on prosecuting minor drug cases)I could go on and on. It is just stupid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#41]
The true failure is that the Gov focuses on the supply, not the demand.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

John

And for the record, I've never served a federal search warrant on a dispensary.

John

Congratulations on your honesty. While I don't agree with your employment function I do admire the fact that you are honest about its inherit moral conflict.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:49:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Really?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Whelp, I did my part in making the world a bit safer tonight.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Meanwhile, thousands of U.S. troops march past the entire world's opium supply every day and all you hear is excuses. "We can't take away their livelihood".

It's like watching A Clockwork Orange on fast forward. There is no logical explanation of America's drug government policy.

Just part of the bigger overall problem.
If you REALLY want to fix the WOD problem you need to solve the overall problem.

Legalizing drugs won't do it.  Legalizing MJ definately won't do it.

Cutting the money going to the Federal .gov by 40-70% will do it.  And fix a shitload of other problems as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Does anyone really find this analogy inaccurate?

The WOD has cost all American many rights.

Name the rights all Americans have lost.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:07:59 AM EDT
[#47]
The Achilles' heel of many libertarians is their pathetic devotion to smoking marijuana and elevating it to some sacred right of liberty.

Fucking potheads.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Most manufacturing facilities are required to randomly test employees for illegal drug use for OSHA/Worker's Comp insurance and customer requirements.  Manufacturing output has dropped, skilled jobs are unfilled and wages are high, for example a journeyman pipe fitter/welder starts at $22 an hour. Throw in the OT and most are pulling over $35 an hour.  IF they piss clean.

Hmmmm...which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:17:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The Achilles' heel of many libertarians is their pathetic devotion to smoking marijuana and elevating it to some sacred right of liberty.

Fucking potheads.

You miss one important thing about many, if not most, Libertarians.  There really is only one right they really give a shit about.

They don't care about liberty.  Except the liberty to buy bud.

Next time you see a Libertarian table or activists somewhere ask them about non licensed concealed carry and non licensed machine gun ownership.  See how quickly they steer the conversation back to weed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:30:31 AM EDT
[#50]
The day you treat oxycodon. crack, caffeine, alcohol, and marijuana the same you can have your credibility back. Until then you are a fucking joke.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top