Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 12:19:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It's kinda the same strategy the Chechyans tried in Russia ain't it? Kill the common man so public opinion will turn against the government.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
WHAT GIVES?[/b]

they dont even need to actaully do it...
simply puting fear in the hearts of americans will do for them...
and while we are busy turning in our next door niegbhors they are clear to plan something else....
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
These people only have an interest in killing Americans. They don't care where or how, as long as they do it. But I tend to somewhat agree about the apartment issue. They may be trying to get our attention spread far and wide. While we focus on apartments they will hit us somewhere else. If our intelligence has thwarted attacks as believed by some, then expect them to plant misinformation. But it wouldn't surprise me for them to go after the average American either.

I also heard CNN report that the "chatter" among the Al Qaeda group has increased over the past few days...a similar pattern as noticed right before 9/11 happened. It certainly bears watching.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:29:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I live near airport with flight schools.  I also live in an apartment with muslims.  Last weekend, I heard someone blasting muslim chants in his/her apartment.  Should I be worried??????
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The couple of folks who just got caught up in New England around the reservoir betray the real plan.
View Quote

DF,
Do you have a link to this ?
View Quote

I heard this one the news also.

If I can i'll see if I can find a link.

From what I remember there were (as they said on T.V.) "Several men of Arabic descent (?sp)". They were caught taking pictures at a reservoir near some city.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:09:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The men were college students from Bangladesh. They since have been released because the FBI had nothing to hold them on. It sounded as if they would be put on a watch list. The media actually tracked these men to their home and confronted them! The men said they were filming people fishing or something! Looked more like they were gathering intelligence to me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:22:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:35:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:59:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I think Charging_Handle had it right, their one and true goal is to kill as many of us as possible, to strike fear into us and destabalize our unity in the resulting fear.  I don't think they care about strategically taking out targets that would hurt our economy and industry.  Partly because, in my opinion, they can't possibly take enough of them out to destroy us.

Apartments are actually a pretty good target if we're right about their goal.  We can place rediculous amounts of security on all major events and mass gatherings, but we can't secure the millions of apartment buildings in this country.

Mike

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The couple of folks who just got caught up in New England around the reservoir betray the real plan.
View Quote

DF,
Do you have a link to this ?
View Quote

[url]http://groups.google.com/groups?q=eastern+reservoir&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&as_qdr=all&selm=mk8F8.18558%24lL6.1305971838%40newssvr10.news.prodigy.com&rnum=9[/url]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#15]
The one place where we feel most secure is in our own homes. Striking the very place where we live is an excellant psychological weapon. I think it would have a different and more powerful emotional impact on us than if they hit a commercial or industrial type structure.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's kinda the same strategy the Chechyans tried in Russia ain't it? Kill the common man so public opinion will turn against the government.
View Quote

Well, if it WAS the Chechens who carried out the attack, their strategy kind of backfired.  What that bombing did was galzanize public opnion behind Putin who was the new president in 1999, and fully support another full-scale invasion of Chechnya.  After losing in 1994-1995, there was no way the people would have supported going back.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I live near airport with flight schools.  I also live in an apartment with muslims.  Last weekend, I heard someone blasting muslim chants in his/her apartment.  Should I be worried??????
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhhh, Yes?        
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#19]
osprey21 -

do a search on: easton AND reservoir
and you will find some stories.

Probably these will be better than the incomplete quoted story I gave a link to.

As sort of a fellow, thanks for your service, by the way.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#20]
The story doesn't wash.  Here's my thought: Our own government is seeding the media with these stories to keep people on edge.  It is in the government's best interest to maintain this "war status" especially this week when the Bush adminstration began receiving heavy criticism at long last.

The deflective cry "we are at war" rings so hollow.  What unbelievable rhetoric!  

As far as apartment bombings, etc.  All this reveals is that the billions spent on intelligence have amounted to grabbing at straws in the desperate attempt for the bureaucrats to look competent at defending this nation.  They aren't and they never were.

We're on our own.  You'll really see just how on our own we are after the next big attack isn't foiled.  And it won't have anything to do with resevoirs or apartment buildings.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Kinda makes me wonder where those 75 barrels of sodium cyanide are at.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Kinda makes me wonder where those 75 barrels of sodium cyanide are at.
View Quote

My guess is they're headed for the nearest top-5 city.  People traveling by road will just have to deal with the back-ups  which I hope will ensue.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Same old trickshot rhetoric.  Blah, blah, blah, I am so much smarter than all of you, I hate my country, blah, blah, blah.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#24]
There is a good chance these goons are planning a strike at some cities watersupply. I find the above story about the three arrested disturbing, since an Arabic student was detained in Columbia, SC a couple of months or so ago for the same type of thing. I do not have a link or anything, but it was in the local newspaper and TV news. A 20-something Arab student was on a public jogging path that overlooked the City of Coulumbia main water treatment facility and had a back pack with a 35mm camera w/telephoto lens, maps showing government facilities, terrain features, etc. Witness that called the cops said the guy was taking numerous pictures of the treatment facility. He was detained, but not charged, since he was on public property. He had some BS story explaining why he was taking pictures of the treatment facility and had so much other intel useful material.

Is this (the two incidents we know about) enough to say there is a pattern? It makes me uneasy. Can we say, "Bottled Water"?  

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  A 24 hour watch is mandatory!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn, I just went to the laundry room and I heard that muslim song playing again from someone's apartment.  Doh!  For those who don't know me, I can tell Indians, Pakistanis, and Arabs apart.  So I'm quite positive that he or she's playing islam prayer music here.  Another thing that bothers me was one muslim guy moved out since 9-11 attack.  He used to park his car outside my window.  This guy was hardcore muslim with long bushy beard and drove around in relatively new Mercedes Benz.  I wonder if he got kicked out from local flight school.  Because he looked like he was a student.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top