Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 1:42:07 PM EDT
Cops saves the life of a women in a burning car.
Sr. Sgt. Keith Sparks was the first officer to arrive at the crash site
and used a fire extinguisher to fight flames in the driver’s side area
where the woman appeared trapped. After suppressing the fire, police say
Sparks was able to pull the woman into the back seat and out of the
burning car. Police said Sparks then helped to extinguish flames from
the woman’s head and face.
Not an Isolated incident, but a daily occurrence in the LEO community.

ETA:

Link:

http://www.communitypub.com/news/police_and_fire/x445943983/NCCo-cop-saves-woman-from-burning-car

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It's nice to see stories like this.  Cops are not all bad but politicians with all there dumb laws make cops look evil.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
99.0% of  cops are good people.  When I was in college - my gf at the time was in a car accident on her way out of town after visiting.  I met her at the ER - cop was writing up the accident report.  I asked if she was wearing her seatbelt?  She said no, cop made a smirking tsk. tsk type noise - didn't give her a ticket - I think he realized I was going to give her more shit than a ticket over the dumb move.  She wore her seatbelt after that, hopefully still does.
Another time, I loaned a legal driver's license I had that in the picture area said "valid without photo" to a fraternity brother who was 21 but had misplaced his license.  He wanted to go to the bars with buddies in town for the weekend.  Well, later the dumbass got busted for shoplifting and tried to pass himself off as me.  Luckily, since I was president of a fraternity that got too much police attention, the cops didn't buy it.  Also luckily, another brother told me brother x was being arrested at nearby conveniance store.  I went over to see if I could be of any assistance.  First cop I talked to asked me why brother x was carrying my ID, since he knew me by name / sight.  I explained that while brother x was over 21, he'd misplaced his ID and needed mine to get into bars with his friends.  Cop didn't give me ticket, or give brother x ticket or charge for making false statements, and wound up releasing brother x with a citation to appear instead of trip to jail - since I promised to get the dumbass back to the house with no more issues.
Another time, I made a left turn at a light that was red apparently - swear it was green on my side, cop pulled me over right away - we talked and he let me go with promise to get home in one piece.  
In fact, despite numerous scrapes with the law myself, I've always been treated professionally and with respect by police officers, but I assume that's because I treat them the same way - make sure to notice their rank and address them appropriately, ask before I move to get anything, turn on the lights in the car, etc.  They've got a tough job, so I try to make it easier to the extent I can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top