User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 1:07:48 PM EDT
Well, have you?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
no , but I just turned one down because of the lulz
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I once wanted to see how UPS could fuck up my packages so bad. I applied and took a tour just to see the operation.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No. There's enough people hurting for those jobs that I don't get entertainment from applying ironically.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
No.

If you get any can I pretend to be you and show up for work?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That's one of my won-the-lottery fantasies.  Job interviews where I act like a complete fuckup and getting fired from shit jobs by acting like a complete dumbass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
No. As a business owner now I wouldn't find it all that funny either.

But I have had job offers where they offer me 1/3 of what I make now. Only once did I not respond in a professional manner and just let it go. You never know who they talk to and I work in a small industry.

The one time I did say something back the offer was in an email after talking and it was followed by "Here's our offer of XXXX, and I doubt you could do any better". I wrote them back and told them I made more than XXXX 25 years ago right after I got my GED and worked as a general helper/assistant, which was true. They were wasting a lot of peoples time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a job for a week just for gas money once.  Never bothered to even call in to quit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
kinda

my now ex-wife thought i just fucking had to get a refinery job and bring her home big $ to spend so i went and applied.

i took the test to the best of my ability just because i wanted to know how well i did on it.  well i got fucked on that because we never got to see our scored but evidently i did well enough to be called in for an interview.

i went into the interview not wanting the job but i figured i'd roll with it and see where it went.

what a load of fucking shit that was..........  "what time in your life did you feel most XXXXX.  what do you think of XXXXX"  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you,  what the ever loving holy fuck does that have to do with inspecting valves and watching gauges??!

but anyway, i think i know just EXACTLY when in the interview my resume got thrown away:

him:  "here's a scenario for you.  you're out on your own doing a routine job when you suddenly realize a much better and faster way to do the same thing.  what do you do?"
me:  "  there are no supervisors or persons of authority to ask about this, i am all alone?"
him:  "correct"
me: " is my way as safe as the original procedure"
him: "yes it is"
me: " and it's faster"
him:: "yes"
me: "i'm doing it my way"

like i said, i didn't want the job anyway.  if they can't handle fucking honesty i damned certainly don't want to work there
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Buddy of mine (IT guy) applied for a position with blackwater.  Under "certifications" he listed all his IT certs.  Clearly he wasn't Tier 1 material.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

kinda

my now ex-wife thought i just fucking had to get a refinery job and bring her home big $ to spend so i went and applied.

i took the test to the best of my ability just because i wanted to know how well i did on it.  well i got fucked on that because we never got to see our scored but evidently i did well enough to be called in for an interview.

i went into the interview not wanting the job but i figured i'd roll with it and see where it went.

what a load of fucking shit that was..........  "what time in your life did you feel most XXXXX.  what do you think of XXXXX"  fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you,  what the ever loving holy fuck does that have to do with inspecting valves and watching gauges??!

but anyway, i think i know just EXACTLY when in the interview my resume got thrown away:

him:  "here's a scenario for you.  you're out on your own doing a routine job when you suddenly realize a much better and faster way to do the same thing.  what do you do?"

me:  "  there are no supervisors or persons of authority to ask about this, i am all alone?"

him:  "correct"

me: " is my way as safe as the original procedure"

him: "yes it is"

me: " and it's faster"

him:: "yes"

me: "i'm doing it my way"

like i said, i didn't want the job anyway.  if they can't handle fucking honesty i damned certainly don't want to work there
I have a friend who works in HR, and he said that they are legally not able to ask important questions, so that is the reason why your interview went the way it did.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I applied to a college just for the personal satisfaction of rejecting their acceptance letter.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I applied to a college just for the personal satisfaction of rejecting their acceptance letter.  

Damn, wish I could do that...A&M wouldn't even take me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#13]
no I fucking hate jackasses wasting my time at work

I am not gonna go waste others time for LULZ

I do not treat retail establishments as entertainment either and do not waste people times unless I'm going to buy something right now
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
No, I can't get a job to save my life now.  I'm going to school and just got out of the army a few months ago.
The best I've done is an interview at bass pro where they said I had it, but got a letter a few days later saying I didn't

I can't even get a fucking cashiering job anywhere.  I need anything while I'm going through school.
I like knowing that there are people who go out and interview for jobs below them just for fun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I didn't write back to reject it, but I laughed when my University of Oklahoma acceptance letter came.  I'll support sooner football until the day I die but there's no way I'm paying their tuition costs.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#16]
When I was in College I applied for a job at Perkins, got it, went to orientation and decided that I had absolutely no interest in working at Perkins.  Never showed up for my first day.  Got a job selling motorcycles instead.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I do, but only because I don't particularly like my job. If I got a good enough offer, I would leave. Anything that I get offered below my current pay grade gets politely declined. I'm always looking upward.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Right now I apply for any job!! I was laid of in december! Last job I interviewed for had 75 applicants!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I applied and interviewed once at an MLM job just so I could get interview experience. Needless to say I got the job, but I declined
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Right now I apply for any job!! I was laid of in december! Last job I interviewed for had 75 applicants!!!

Last job posting I made had 150 applicants in the first 24 hours.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#21]
This thread isn't going to go the way you expected it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Many moons ago I was a high school kid and went to Hooters.  I applied for a job as a joke as who wouldn't want to work at Hooters right?  Friend and I both turned in applications.

Well they called me.  Other than maybe the views the pay was crap, the hours crappier, and the job I had was better.  I turned them down.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I once wanted to see how UPS could fuck up my packages so bad. I applied and took a tour just to see the operation.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Earlier in my career, I always kept my ear to the ground to see what was going on in the industry and I once had two interviews in a week on a lark. Offers from both. Knew I wasn't going to take them so I asked for (what I then thought was) an absurdly high salary. One agreed, while the other took it down a couple thousand, but still way higher than I was earning at the time. I ended up switching jobs about a year later and in salary negotiations used the line, "Well A and B offered me $$$ and $$$ for less demanding positions, so I think I'm worth $$$$." They didn't blink an eye, meaning I probably actually lowballed their salary range a bit.

Valuable lessons: The more you interview, the easier it gets. If you go into an interview with the attitude, "I don't really need this job," the stress disappears. Know market values for your skills and ask for a higher amount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top