User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 12:07:49 PM EDT
Prefer brown, but black is ok

Must be waterproof

Must be safety-toe

Must not be insulated

Under $200

Please help, these Lowa boots I've been wearing started falling apart a week after I got them and they're only getting worse
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have enjoyed two pairs of Magnum boots, but none of the ones I have owned were safety toe.

They are well reviewed in the LEO community if you search online, but I don't know if they would meet your needs.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Gotta be safety-toe of some kind, our safety-nazi is starting to get suspicious (and rightly so) about what I'm wearing now
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Red Wing
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Redwing 4206.

Made in the USA with American materials.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
redwing. i was a naysayer untill i bought a pair, the best work boots i ever owned.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Redwing 2235 King toe. There is a water proof version of this which is a different model

. What are you using these boots for?

ETA: You can use the Redwing "shoe finder' to match your criteria. If you have wide feet or enjoy more toe room I can't recommend the Redwing King toe line enough. The composite toes are very light weight for work boots.
http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe-finder

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Justin Boots

Steel toe, waterproof and long lasting. The coating on the lower prevents abrasion to the leather. My previous pair lasted me 18 months before they stopped being waterproof. Liked them so much I bought another pair. And only $130.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I work in the oilfield, I prefer Red Wings.  

I have these.  I love them.  They might be slightly over 200 though.  I wear mine a good 200 days a year and even though they are free to me I would still buy them.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/4417-red-wing-shoes/4417-red-wing-mens-9-inch-logger-lineman-brown

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Had a pair of Chippewas, wasn't impressed.
Quoted:

Redwing 4206.

Made in the USA with American materials.

Gotta be waterproof.

Quoted:

I have these.  I love them.  They might be slightly over 200 though.  I wear mine a good 200 days a year and even though they are free to me I would still buy them.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/4417-red-wing-shoes/4417-red-wing-mens-9-inch-logger-lineman-brown

I was actually considering the non-insulated version of these, good to hear they're nice.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Red Wing

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

these are the ones i use for work
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#13]
One more for Redwing.  My first pair I love em.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck any boot made in china  

US made Redwings and Chippewas are what Ive been wearing for about 15-18 years now .  The last ten years have been working 10-14 hr days . The last three years have been in Chippewas exclusively .

Dont get fooled by buying the name alone , as most of the great names are having alot of their line made in china to remain competitive .

Ask your co-workers ( with the same build as you ) what they've had good luck with . You get what you pay for.

You said you weren't impressed with Chippewas . . . were they these ? If not , you might very well want to try a pair .
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I run a safety program.  Most guys prefer Red Wing over all others.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
My job requires me to walk in shit all day.  It's either cow or sheep but its all shit so I wear muck out boots, Otherwise I wear Double H when driving a tractor.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I have to agree with Red Wing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Red Wing.

[/thread]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You said you weren't impressed with Chippewas . . . were they these ? If not , you might very well want to try a pair .

No, they were loggers but not the USA ones.  They had the same Chippatex waterproof lining, though, which ended up being about as waterproof as my socks

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#20]
How much water do you expect to be standing in? I have a pair of Red Wing 2245's in 16EEE that've lasted me three years, wearing them ~16 hours a day, 7 days a week, and they're waterproof to about 4" deep.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#21]
http://www.vanderbilts.com/product_detail.aspx?ID=567

the next boot i will buy will be the matterhorn 12366.

Redwing ,Timberland , caroline , ect do not seem to last but a mounth or two for me.

Now, I'm thinking about lineman boots or mining boots.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been wearing some Carolina loggers that look identical to the Red Wings posted above. They still have a little ways to go before being totally broken in, but they feel great.  Its a boot that gives you a bit of confidence in your footwear.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Mud doggers by georgia boot. Fuck red wings!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I was wearing Ariat, poor arch support gave me planter fasciitis, I'm now wearing red wings, best boots I've ever had and I've worn out one heck of a lot of boots in 50 years.  Liked them so much I picked up a spare pair off ebay for half price.  I do have a narrow foot and high arch, b width is perfect for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#25]
AMERICAN made Chippewa's.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have these. I love them. They might be slightly over 200 though. I wear mine a good 200 days a year and even though they are free to me I would still buy them.

I was actually considering the non-insulated version of these, good to hear they're nice.

Those are the boots I have. Wear them almost every day, and have been for almost a year and a half. They are holding up well. Waterproofing still going strong. If you are gonna be standing on a lot of pavement though, I would suggest something else.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I wear the Worx Boot––it's kind of the bargain end of Red Wing's line.  Brand new they are around $120.  I wear mine daily (I work in the Paper Industry) and they tend to last me about a year until the inner lining wears away to the steel and I start destroying socks.  My outfitter here is good about such things and the last two pairs I've bought have been price-reduced to about $60 with the old boots traded in.  So far as waterproof goes, I've found them to be pretty good.  the only time I've ever noticed anything coming in is right at the bottom of the lacing fold (barely a little moisture, not a flood).  Then again, I've never done the correct treatment, so I assume it's partially operator error.  Good boots though.  I recommend them highly.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Matterhorn TigerTip Boots

-Made in USA
-Fully waterproof
-Steel Toe and Metatarsal Guard
-Comfy All Day
-Durable As Hell

If you look around a bit, you can get them for < $200.  Great boots.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#29]
If you can spring for a little more than $200, go custom with Whites or Wesco.  My Wesco's have lasted me over two years now, are rebuildable, wear like iron and are comfortable.  Once I went custom, I am never looking back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top