Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 11:42:50 AM EDT
So I went to an Orioles game last night and these people were sitting in front of me:

The dude started reading a book about rashes/herpes/bumps/all kind of crazy shit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
See all those empty seats... You could probably move a little closer and your nose would stop bleeding.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Did he try to sell you any unpasteurized milk?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#3]

FlakChak will get this...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Growing up  my buddies folks owned a peach orchard down the road from some Mennoites  used to play ball against Mennonite  kids in pick games, they could play ball.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Amish girl's dream = two menanight.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
See all those empty seats... You could probably move a little closer and your nose would stop bleeding.

I actually liked it up there. We moved to the same seats but on the other side of the stadium. I was able to smoke up there with no one complaining because no one was around. Plus I got a good view of the game. The beer vendor came by once an inning, so I didn't have to move.

O's games rock!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:O's games rock!

Because they suck, and nobody goes.  It's too bad, they have a very nice ballpark, a great game-day experience, but their owner is a douche nozzle of epic proportions.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So I went to an Orioles game last night and these people were sitting in front of me:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2l8f90y.jpg

The dude started reading a book about rashes/herpes/bumps/all kind of crazy shit.
The last time I sat up that high I saw my house

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually liked it up there. We moved to the same seats but on the other side of the stadium. I was able to smoke up there with no one complaining because no one was around. Plus I got a good view of the game. The beer vendor came by once an inning, so I didn't have to move.

O's games rock!

Around here there is no smoking in the stadium and I haven't seen a roving beer vendor in a decade.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Because they suck, and nobody goes.  It's too bad, they have a very nice ballpark, a great game-day experience, but their owner is a douche nozzle of epic proportions.

yeeeeeeeeep

camden yards is awesome.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fuck Peter Angelos.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

O's games rock!

Around here there is no smoking in the stadium and I haven't seen a roving beer vendor in a decade.

What games do you go to? Beer vendors are always walking around at O's and Ravens games. I technically wasn't allowed to smoke up there, but there was no one in my section. Plus I got a good view of the helicopter landing/taking off at Shock Trauma.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't see anything wrong.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I always liked camden yard when we went to go see O's games when visiting my Dad while he lived in VA (normally against the Rangers). The O's and Ranger's  stadiums are very similar.  IIRC they were built around the same time frame.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Me either. I just thought it was kind of strange.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#16]
He's just reading about all the stuff he missed in high school.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:05:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe the ticket prices play  a part in that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:17:10 AM EDT
[#18]
You need to get out of the city more. I see Mennonites and Amish all the time . . .

Once, I saw a Mennonite baseball game in a city park. All the players were dressed in brand new denim overall and long sleeve shirts. The stands were filled with female spectators, all wearing long dresses and head covering. Every vehicle in the parking lot was black. It was pretty damn funny.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:18:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I prefer the view I had the last time I went to a baseball game...

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#20]
There's a pretty big difference between Mennonites and the Amish.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:32:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's cheaper for me to catch a Southwest flight and have my brother pick me to up watch an O's-Sox game than go to Fenway.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:35:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes,  Baseball, it dates back to before lectricity so its OK to watch
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Actually, Amish ARE Mennonites. It's true. Look it up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#24]
LOL, I'm surrounded by Amish and they boys play a LOT of baseball.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes,  Baseball, it dates back to before lectricity so its OK to watch

Or perhaps it just fits in better with a rural culture.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they're not.  The Amish split from the Mennonites in the 1600s.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Amish girl's dream = two menanight.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:14:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Cool story brethren
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semantics, maybe, but they are both doctrinal descendants of Menno Simons. All of the various sects that sprang from the same spiritual roots are considered Mennonites.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semantics, maybe, but they are both doctrinal descendants of Menno Simons. All of the various sects that sprang from the same spiritual roots are considered Mennonites.

For an encore let's have an argument about Catholics and Lutherans.  

I'm pretty sure the Amish will not agree that they are Mennonites, the Mennonites will not agree that they are Amish.  The Catholics will burn down your house if you insist that they are Lutherans and for God's sake do not call a Lutheran a Catholic.  

Now, maybe if you want to discuss the similarities between the Amish and the Roman Catholics....You might be on to something.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Cool story brethren

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

O's games rock!

Last O's game I attended was O's vs Senators

in 1966.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG YOU MEAN PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE TO GO TO BASEBALL GAMES? Better post about it on arfcom.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I have never seen that many empty seats at a St. Louis Cardinals game.  I repeat, never.  Most are sold out or near sell outs.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG YOU MEAN PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE TO GO TO BASEBALL GAMES? Better post about it on arfcom.

Well considering they paid $40 total to read a book and barely pay attention the game, it is a bit strange.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well considering they paid $40 total to read a book and barely pay attention the game, it is a bit strange.

You paid $20 to take a picture of people reading books... and you're saying THEY'RE the strange ones?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You paid $20 to take a picture of people reading books... and you're saying THEY'RE the strange ones?

Have I herped when I should've derped?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have I herped when I should've derped?

Clearly they should have been reported to DHS.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#39]
DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never seen that many empty seats at a St. Louis Cardinals game.  I repeat, never.  Most are sold out or near sell outs.

It's sad. Baltimore is historically a baseball town, but for the past 13 years it's been shit. The Ravens make up for it though,
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Were you able to drink a beer an inning and never visit the restroom?

I hate to think of the alternative. In such a case I am thankful that no one was downstream from your seat.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#42]
They were just praying for a win for the O's.  They need all the help they can get.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were you able to drink a beer an inning and never visit the restroom?

I hate to think of the alternative. In such a case I am thankful that no one was downstream from your seat.

Yes. I had 7 beers while at the game and pee'd on the way out.

First rule of drinking, never break the seal until you cannot hold it anymore. Then wait 5 more minutes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brethren Dunkards!!11  
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did he try to sell you any unpasteurized milk?  

Ssssshhhh! OP was undercover.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top