Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 10:51:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I really don't know. I would assume some of it is pretty sophisticated and some is anything but sophisticated. At any rate I wouldn't say if I did know. There is no use to tip your hand to those that would attempt to do you in. There is probably more stuff mentioned on the news than should be about our intelligence.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Not the liberals. That much I can tell you!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Comes from:

HUMINT (Human Intelligence) - here we suck having eviscerated the CIA with road blocks such as the Church Committee and the Torricelli (sp?) Doctrine.

ELINT (Electronic Intelligence)  Analyzing the enemies (or potential enemies) radar capabilities is a good example.
'WE'* are the best in the business at ELINT.

SIGINT (Signal Intelligence) Everything from intercepting all types of phone calls to radio intercepts to code breaking.
'WE' * are the best in the business at  SIGINT.

*  'WE' is the United States, Great Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand who comprise a consortium of the major English speaking countries of the world.  Primarily through the NSA**, these countries cooperatively collect, analyze and share SIGINT and ELINT.

** Technically CIA would be loosely in charge but practically NSA runs this business including the input from dozens of little heard of smaller agencies such as the Special Collection Service (SCS).    
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]

"Where does Intelligence come from?"

50% genetics
50% environment

Oh, you meant THAT kind of intelligence... doh![>:/]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

** Technically CIA would be loosely in charge but practically NSA runs this business including the input from dozens of little heard of smaller agencies such as the Special Collection Service (SCS).
View Quote

NSA is the tops.  My friend who was president of the Engineering club in college got to take a tour of the NSA.  They showed them all their outdated technology. Such as taking a tape that seemed to be nothing but noise (like 25 people in room talking at once) they put it in this player and seperated out every single voice on the tape. Pretty amazing. Also their computers are built from silicon up right there in the NSA, no outside plans exist. They said that they are 3/4 years ahead of the private sector at all times.
View Quote

Nope.  NSA used to go to Cray for it's big number crunching requirements.  But, that said, they are on the leading edge of technology.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Most intelligence comes from blackmail. In the 40's and 50's homosexuals were the easiest target for the CIA for recruiting.They not only used them as sources, but as agents because they were already used to living a double identity life. Now nobody cares about that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&ncid=703&e=1&u=/ap/20020518/ap_on_re_us/attacks_the_chatter_2[/url]
It comes in fragments of conversations, snippets of technical data, whispers from foreign agents, and boasts of audacious schemes. Most of it means nothing. Some of it means everything.
View Quote
I read once that a good amount of intelligence data come from simply reading the newspapers of the world.
View Quote

More than you might expect.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
A lot of how intelligent you are comes from your genetics.  Of course few other sources which will increase or decrease you intelligence. One example is breast milk.  Which is supposed to increase your IQ by 10 points.  As opposed to alcohol which kills your brain cells over time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Breasts make me stupid [BD] hehe
View Quote

You have breasts?!? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
you said BREAST!
Breasts make me stupid [BD] hehe
View Quote

Ladies, right? I guess its hard for you cops in the locker room.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top