Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 10:00:00 AM EDT
This kind of thing allways chokes me up.
http://www.ci.concord.nc.us/Home/CityHallBlog/tabid/521/EntryId/68/Honoring-Sergeant-First-Class-Donald-Donnie-Shue.aspx

Sergeant First Class Donald (Donnie) Shue, U.S. Army Special Forces, went missing in Laos in November 1969. Shue grew up in Concord, and moved to Kannapolis before entering the Army in 1967. His remains were recently located in Laos, are now in Pearl Harbor, and will arrive in Charlotte on April 29.

Welcome home Soldier

http://www.ncthunder.bravepages.com/mia/shue.html

Donald Monroe Shue
E4, USA Special Forces
MIA: 03 November 1969
The Wall: 16W Row 24

Unit: SOA, Command & Control North (MACV-SOG), 5th Special Forces Group
Date of Birth: 29 August 1949 (Concord, NC)
Home City of Record: Kannapolis, NC
Date of Loss: 03 November 1969
Country of Loss: Laos
Loss Coordinates: 154800N 1064700E (XD643674)
Status (in 1973): Missing In Action
Category: 2
Acft/Vehicle/Ground: Ground
Refno: 1514
Other Personnel in Incident: William Brown; Gunther Wald (both missing); six Montagnards (two missing, four escaped).
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT.

A friend and coworker told me about this today. He served with Shue. He was almost in tears. Known him for nearly 20 years and this was the first time I;ve seen him show that kind of emotion.

Welcome home Green Beret. Thank you for your service.

Ballad of the Green Berets

GR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top