Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/18/2002 10:30:48 PM EDT
For me, I can't help it but I love Berry Gordie's Last Dragon.  Vanity.  Mmmmm.

I actually liked Legally Blonde a lot as well.

The last is a cheesey martial arts movie with David Carradine called Circle of Iron.  I wish I could find it on DVD.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of you guys might think Titanic, but I liked it, and am not embarassed!

Edit:

Oh ya, and "Rugrats Big Adventure"

HAHAHA kidding!!! (never seen it)
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Everyone seems to hate "Starship Troopers" but I loved it.  Very campy.  (no, didn't read the book)
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

Thirty years ago, a four-year-old boy named Buckaroo Banzai witnessed the deaths of his Japanese scientist father and Texas-born mother in a firey crash while they were attempting to penetrate the Eighth Dimension in an experimental jet car. That same young man, now a skilled neurosurgeon, particle physicist, musician and zen warrior, must recreate the same experiment that killed his parents in order to stop a mad Italian scientist and his band of renegade aliens. Meanwhile, in a not-too-distant region of uncharted space, a Lectroid leader stands poised to trigger World War III on earth unless the other aliens can be brought to justice. It seems that only Buckaroo, his Hong Kong Cavaliers and an Oscillation Overthruster are all that stand between earth and total annihilation.

Buckaroo Banzai: Peter Weller  
Doctor Emilio Lizardo / Lord John Whorfin: John Lithgow  
Penny Priddy: Ellen Barkin  
New Jersey: Jeff Goldblum  
John Bigboote: Christopher Lloyd  

Man, I love it.  Now I have it on DVD[:I]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everyone seems to hate "Starship Troopers" but I loved it.  Very campy.  (no, didn't read the book)
View Quote

Starship Troopers was a great movie.  Had nothing to do with the book, but a great movie. I love Paul Verhoven movies.

Now if you would have said Battlefield Earth...
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The Brady Bunch movies! But Christine Taylor was the underlying reason I watched I think.....whatta babe! Much nicer looking than the original Marsha Brady!

Yuck, I just thought what an ugly name Brady really is once I remembered Sarah Brady! Yuck, Yuck, yuck! Had to go and spoil a perfectly good image I was having thinking of Christine...oh well nevermind. LOL.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
"Zorro, the Gay Blade"

Very goofy and predictable, but it still cracks me up.

Raven, read the book. MUCH better than the movie. The soldiers in the book get to play with nukes.

-legrue
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh ya, and "Rugrats Big Adventure"

HAHAHA kidding!!! (never seen it)
View Quote

Well I guess that is mine.

ComputerGuy you need to rent it, or borrow my copy.  [:D]

I have a four year old, I seem to like what she does.

Oh-ya "Schreck" if that is how you spell it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of them,

Just a few...

[b]Arthur[/b] - ugh, but I just can't stop watching it if it's on.

[b]Night of the Comet[/b] - Catherine Mary Stuart, machine guns and zombies. Nuf said.

[b]All that Jazz[/b] - Nothing like watching a Broadway choreographer work himself to death.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For me, I can't help it but I love Berry Gordie's Last Dragon.  Vanity.  Mmmmm.
View Quote

OK, I'm with you.

Quoted:
I actually liked Legally Blonde a lot as well.
View Quote

Haven't seen it, but she is cute. Maybe.

Quoted:
The last is a cheesey martial arts movie with David Carradine called Circle of Iron.  I wish I could find it on DVD.
View Quote

How do I despise this film, let me count the ways...

1. It had David "I never studied anything in my entire life concerning martial arts" Carradine. When he got the show, Kung Fu (which was intended for Bruce Lee) he had to be coached to perform the most basic of moves. Nearly 30 years later, despite access to the best instructors in the world he hasn't improved much at all.

2. It was, like Kung Fu, intended for Bruce Lee. In fact I believe the idea and concept was written by Bruce Lee. Only problem is Bruce Lee died. So they trot in David "I'm hopelessly pathetic" Carradine and write a terrible storyline based upon Bruce Lees concept.

3. Had Kam Yuen, a truly exceptional martial artist (the guy with the 3 sectional staff) lose to the fricken monkey dude. Kam Yuen would destroy most people without weapons. Armed with a 3 sectional staff you are gonna be hurting bad until you die.

4. Had a bunch of gobblygook psuedo philosophy. Again, Bruce Lee and the Eastern philosophies he would have brought weren't available. So they just made up some crap. Like the dipshit in the vat of oil.

Now I'm ALL FOR cheesy flicks, especially martiual arts ones. Can't get enough of Shaw Bros. films, the kind shown on Fung  Fu and Black Belt Theater.

But my favorite is Shogun Assassin.

I love this damn thing. I can watch that one, Goodfellas, Heat and Full Metal Jacket over and over again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Home is where you wear your hat.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Home is where you wear your hat.

View Quote

Laugh while you can monkeyboy!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Zorro, the Gay Blade"

Very goofy and predictable, but it still cracks me up.

Raven, read the book. MUCH better than the movie. The soldiers in the book get to play with nukes.

-legrue
View Quote

One of my favorites as well, thanks for reminding me.  George Hamilton.  Great actor, great cigar blender.  I think I'm gonna have an H.Upmann Hamilton tomorrow in his honor.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#13]
any anime with a  CatGirl in it
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know why, but I liked "Time Bandits".
And "Duel" (an old Dennis Weaver film).
And "Omega Man" (Charlton Heston).

All cheesey, but for me, memorable.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I like The Color Purple.

The last segement where Celie, after decades of forced seperation, reunites with her 2 children and sister Nattie is a very powerful and emotional scene.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"Wherever you go, there you are."
View Quote

Buckaroo Banzai: Peter Weller
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Joe Vs. The Volcano

Featuring Pre-Whore cutie Meg Ryan...
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#20]
"Duets"....I thought it would suck. But it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Also a Last Dragon fan.  I am sho-nuff, the shogun of Harlem...lol.

and uhm.... The Princess Bride.  I really dig that show.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:05:54 AM EDT
[#22]
"Howard the Duck"
Nothing like watching Lea Thompson knockin' boots with a walking/talking duck.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:03:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Showgirls.....Wait I'm not embarrassed.....just lousy acting but great tits.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:34:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

George Hamilton.  Great actor, great cigar blender.  
View Quote

Ratters,
George would be insulted to be called a mere actor !  George is a 'Movie Star" and maybe the last of a breed.

Now staying with the movie topic and staying with George Hamilton, Jr., there's an old Movie named the "Hank Williams Story" (I think.) and George is the star.  Excellent old shot-in-B&W on-purpose-movie even though I'm not much of a country music fan.

For the truly despicable, I offer "Eddie & the Cruisers."  The original - definitely NOT the sequel.  A little rock & roll, some fair acting and a decent story line.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#25]
None of these are really embarasing to like...'cept those George Hamilton ones...which makes me even more embarassed to admit I am addicted to "Pretty In Pink". Just something about Molly Ringworm in that pink lipstick that keeps me "glued" to the set[:D]rocko.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:57:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Another "The Princess Bride" guy here. Although I'm not really embarrassed that I like it, it's just so different from other things I like...kinda like saying "my hobbies are extreme mountain biking, triathlons, shooting machine guns, and needlepoint." It really has a lot of good stuff in it - [b]excellent[/b] swordsmanship where they're actually trying to hit each other and not their blades, a lot of subtle humor, and Robin Wright (though she could stand to go up a cup size [:D].)

Also, not only will I admit that I like "The Neverending Story" but I'll also admit that there are parts in it that bring a lump to my throat!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#28]
OK here are two...

Mary Poppins... cracks me up evertime..
Willy Wonka... I think Gene Wilder really thought he WAS Willy Wonka

oh and Chicken Run... something about chickens and a British accent kills me

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Heat.

Oh wait, I'm not embarrassed to say that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Steel Angel Kurumi
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Crossroads with Ralph Macchio
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#35]
"Oliver and Company" (cartoon) cheec morin was the little mex dog.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Tailiens, Beetlejism, I Cream of Jeanie, and The Sperminator.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Crossroads with Ralph Macchio
View Quote

I think Crossroads is a great movie, with an awesome soundtrack, once you get over Rrrraaalllph.

The Flintstones, I love it!! Rosie-o-dognuts makes a great Betty Rubble even.

Hook, another one I'll watch anytime.

Princess Bride, Zorro, the Gay Blade, Willy Wonka....Yep their all great movies.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#38]
For some reason, I find myself watching real cheesy post-apocalyptic films.  Friends ask me, "how can you watch that crap?"

The same goes for cheesy martial arts films.  Maybe I just like shutting off me brain for two hours at a time...
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I got you all beat!!

Hello DOlly!

But I can't stand that idiots politics.

And I am a heterosexual.

Oh, and Wing Commander.

WL

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail!
(Especially the battle with the beast and the 'Holy Handgrenade of Antioch')

Most people don't seem to understand the humor...much like the Three Stooges [w/Curly] (another favorite).
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#41]
"State Fair"
The version with Pat Boone. The scenes with Tom Ewell singing "Sweet Hog of Mine" make me smile. And the scene with Ann Margret in the shorts makes me smile in a different way. What a body!!!! And does she know how to walk, or what?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[b]Night of the Comet[/b] - Catherine Mary Stuart, machine guns and zombies. Nuf said.
View Quote

I loved that movie.  Yes it was lame, but like you said, submachineguns and Catherine Mary Stuart!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#43]
ohhh, I'm gonna catch hell for this but I really like "My Best Friend's Wedding"....

**holding my head in shame**
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail!
(Especially the battle with the beast and the 'Holy Handgrenade of Antioch')

Most people don't seem to understand the humor...much like the Three Stooges [w/Curly] (another favorite).
View Quote

I'm pretty sure that one is actually required viewing for participation in the GD.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#46]

I'm pretty sure that one is actually required viewing for participation in the GD.
View Quote

Well, that would tend to explain why I'm here![:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Any movie they've ever shown on Mystery Science Theater 3000.  

[url]http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/main1.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#48]
God I used to love MST300. Remember when it would run all day on Thanksgiving?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw Circle of Iron in the theater as a kid, and loved it. Maybe if I saw it again I'd think it was cheesey.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

View Quote

Loved it.

Wasn't he a gunfighghter, too?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top