Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2011 9:27:57 AM EDT
It has only recently dawned on me that Mark Stein is one of the funniest sonofabitches I have heard recently.

He is CONSTANTLY in "bash the left with awesome jokes" mode.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#1]
He is very witty.  His voice tone used to annoy me, but I read his book america alone, and after that it stopped bothering me.  Not sure exactly why.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]

His rant on the chocolate eggs yesterday was fucking epic.

Steyn has no problem filling Rush's shoes, I dig him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Add me to the Mark Steyn fan club. He's great.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Steyn is hysterical and very smart. I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1 , he cracks me up but is sharp as hell in his analysis but delivers it to the average man so he can understand it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 , he cracks me up but is sharp as hell in his analysis but delivers it to the average man so he can understand it.

Ah shit...that just made me realize that I am average.

Yeah, I like simple explanations.

Does anybody listen to Jason Lewis? He does not use simple explanations, which is why I do not listen to him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah shit...that just made me realize that I am average.

Yeah, I like simple explanations.

Does anybody listen to Jason Lewis? He does not use simple explanations, which is why I do not listen to him.

Lewis struck as a party shill as does Belling at times.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#9]
He is a douchebag..."Your undocumented radio host..." or what ever stupid thing he says to suck himself off for the first 5 minutes.

When he is on, I turn it off.

Worse Rush fill in ever.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#10]
By far my favorite sub-in. Matter of fact...I wish he was the only one that did. He's very entertaining.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Steyn is hysterical and very smart. I'm a fan.

Same here.  I used to hate when Rush had the day off but Steyn being on is pretty cool.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
By far my favorite sub-in. Matter of fact...I wish he was the only one that did. He's very entertaining.

Yep. In some was I prefer him over Rush.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Steyn is OK, Walter E Williams is better.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.  I've often imagined the post-Rush world and could never imagine someone replacing Rush.  Nobody can truly replace him, but Steyn would make a fine successor.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Steyn is OK GREAT, Walter E Williams is better.

Fixed it for ya.

Prof Williams is one of the great minds of our time. He is one of the few that mixes such high intelligence with wit. I love it when he goes on about his wife getting a snow shovel for Christmas, or other "wife abuse". All the time you could tell he still deeply loves his wife. I can also learn more from the Professor in one show that a whole semester at some schools I have attended.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steyn is OK GREAT, Walter E Williams is better.

Fixed it for ya.

Prof Williams is one of the great minds of our time. He is one of the few that mixes such high intelligence with wit. I love it when he goes on about his wife getting a snow shovel for Christmas, or other "wife abuse". All the time you could tell he still deeply loves his wife. I can also learn more from the Professor in one show that a whole semester at some schools I have attended.

Yeah, you are right.  Steyn does a great job delivering his message in an entertaining fashion.

I just personally prefer Williams' on air personality ... possibly even more than Rush.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#17]
He is ok in bits, but still is no where near as interesting as the MahaRushy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Mark Davis is the worst.  Never changes his speaking demeanor no matter the topic or amount of passion behind it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mark Davis is the worst.  Never changes his speaking demeanor no matter the topic or amount of passion behind it.

I tend to agree, Mark Davis and Belling (sp?) make me change the channel.

Walter E. Williams and Mark Steyn are great. Steyn is like listening to Dennis Miller - really funny and you have to listen closely to catch the jokes he throws in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I love it when it's Uighur Wednesday and there's actual legit news concerning the Uighurs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#22]
He is one funny sob, I love listening to him.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I usually don't listen to rush when it's not rush but I also really like mark steyn. He doen't look like his voice.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I love it when it's Uighur Wednesday and there's actual legit news concerning the Uighurs.

There's never legit news about the Uighurs.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He is a douchebag..."Your undocumented radio host..." or what ever stupid thing he says to suck himself off for the first 5 minutes.

Worse Rush fill in ever.

I did not like him when I first heard him a few years back as well, but he kinda grows on you!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Steyn and Walter E. Williams are my two favorite hosts, in fact, I like listening to them more than I do Rush.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#27]
[%|
Quoted:

Worse Rush fill in ever.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He does a bit more on his local show ( I listen) but nowhere near as much as Rush does. Even his (Davis) "mocking" of people arent too far removed from his actual tone and demeanor. He's a good host, just not all that entertaining. Rush and Steyn are entertainers.

ETA: The title of "Worst Rush Fill-In For Life" goes to that loon Mark Simone. He makes me want to flush my ears with my CC piece. Even his name makes me want to drown a sack full of kittens.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#29]
He comes up with some good shit.

GM
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#30]
He's great. He's funny, smart and quick.

I saw him demolish some Muslim fundamentalists in a debate once. That took courage, along with him also facing down Canadian bureaucrats in hearings when he was charged with hate speech.

He has some balls.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

His story today about his small son playing the part of a "uterine wall" in a school play about the female reproductive tract was hilarious.

"I asked him, 'Wouldn't you rather play the part of the penis instead?' "
"He said, 'They eliminated that part!' "
"I just thought that all the boys would want to play the penis part - Make it sort of a group thing, like those huge dragons you see in Chinese celebrations..."

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#32]
They should shit can Rush's tired ass and give the slot to Mark.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Steyn is OK, Walter E Williams is better.

yup

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Limbaugh wishes he had one tenth Stein's Levin's intelligence.  (I was thinking of the wrong person.)

Levin and Limbaugh are friends...but I'm confident there is envy that goes the otherway, too. Levin, for all his brilliance, wishes he had one-tenth Limbaugh's radio voice.

On topic: I agree with others here; Steyn is awesome, but Walter E. Williams is tops.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#35]
What's up with Rush taking off so much? Is he semi-retiring, or what's the deal? It just seems like he vacations all the time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

What's up with Rush taking off so much? Is he semi-retiring, or what's the deal? It just seems like he vacations all the time.

He's not sick or on vacation.  He took time off the show to think about things.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I like both Walter Williams and Mark Steyn as fill-ins.   They are freaking great.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's not sick or on vacation.  He took time off the show to think about things.

What do you mean?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#40]
The Easter egg thing was indeed epic and a beautiful illustration of how and why we're fucked.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]
i laugh my butt off at him when he is on. I used to hate him til I figured him out and got used to his voice.

GR
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Worse Rush fill in ever.

You sound.........................jealous.................

LC
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I like the guy. I would be happy if he replaced any or ALL of our morning hosts here in Dallas. The three stations I can think of annoy the hell out of me in the morning....
Mark Davis (WBAP), Jeff Bolton (KLIF), Mike Gallagher (KSKY)

If he could also replace Hannity or Chriss Krock slots would be good...

All 5 of these would be nice to replace something.....

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Meh he is ok. Gets old real quick.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

+1   Mark Davis is the RINO talk show host.   I've been waging a one man campaign to get rid of him on WBAP.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I like what he says, but I can't stand the way he stammers and stutters it out.  It's like listening to a badly scratched CD.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Mark Davis is the worst. Never changes his speaking demeanor no matter the topic or amount of passion behind it.

That dufuss is local to DFW and is on every morning from 8:30 to 11:00. I used to like him, but now his faggy shit has gotten smelly. I just turn on Beck on the internet feeds.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1   Mark Davis is the RINO talk show host.   I've been waging a one man campaign to get rid of him on WBAP.

You are not alone in that sentiment..  I'd honestly be happier with Hal Jay taking it over.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark Davis is the worst. Never changes his speaking demeanor no matter the topic or amount of passion behind it.

That dufuss is local to DFW and is on every morning from 8:30 to 11:00. I used to like him, but now his faggy shit has gotten smelly. I just turn on Beck on the internet feeds.

Can i throw Michael Medved into that pile of faggy shit?  The PNW has some of the shittiest "conservative" radio hosts.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top