Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 10:30:02 PM EDT
This has definitely been the fastest four years of my life.  I'm graduating from Boston University's College of Communication.  My major is Advertising, and there are no jobs out there right now.  Right now I really don't care.  This past month has been ridiculous.  The partying has been GREAT!  I'm completely hammered right now like I have been every night for the past few weeks.  I am going to miss the hell out of this life style, but I guess I have to grow up sometime.  Wish me luck out there, CAUSE HERE I COME!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
hehehehe...and in 6 months, the loan payments start...
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!

A word of wisdom:  If you have anything you want to get done, go on a trip, work for peace corp, climb a mountain, etc., do it now cause life just gets busier and busier as you get older.

Have a great graduation!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
holy shit, advertising is a major?  Jeez.

Good luck.  I am sure you know the state of your field's business.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!!!

[beer]

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=117917[/url]

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Nah.  I could give a funk if some guy I dont know makes it through college.  What do his achievements mean to me?  No way am I going to reward him out of my pocket for him seeking out his own benefit.

Fuck, my parents wouldn't even help ME with college.  How would this guy rate support from me?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nah.  I could give a funk if some guy I dont know makes it through college.  What do his achievements mean to me?  No way am I going to reward him out of my pocket for him seeking out his own benefit.

Fuck, my parents wouldn't even help ME with college.  How would this guy rate support from me?
View Quote

Are you kidding me?  Hold on champ, I got something fer ya...

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=SLT223&album_id=73960&image_id=0&show=image¶m=97459[/img]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man, I teased him, but geez...you're the proverbial wet blanket.  Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you kidding me?  Hold on champ, I got something fer ya...

[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=SLT223&album_id=73960&image_id=0&show=image¶m=97459[/img]
View Quote

Beautiful.  Nicely done.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, it's all done.  The main comencement was VERY emotional, since about half of it was dedicated the the BU alums that passed away in 9/11.  Of the twenty eight alumni who died on that day, one was the student speaker from last year's commencement.  She was all of 22 years old, returning to San Fransisco to go home and to her new job.  Her plane hit the South Tower at 9:03AM that awful morning.  Her parents were on stage for her when we honored her memory.  They were clearly touched when we all rose.  I didn't notice many dry eyes in the audience at that point.

Another alum, Mark Bavis, passed away in the attacks.  He was a recruiter for the Sharks and former Hockey player for BU along with his twin brother.  His brother is now an assistant hockey coach for BU.  He was also on stage as his brother's memory was honored.

On a more uplifting note, Marisa Tomei was honored for her achievements since graduating BU in 1983.  For 41 she is still looking quite good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations.

[beer]

ARG
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations!  [beer]

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#14]
My major is Advertising, and there are no jobs out there right now.
View Quote

You're damn right.  I'm an engineer (graduated from University of Texas at Dallas in 99') and right now I work retail (Lowe's).  Thats how bad it is.  Its frustrating knowing how much effort and dedication I put into college, and later my engineering career (the 2 whole years it lasted) then ending up working alongside kids who haven't even graduated highschool yet, making only 36% of what I used to, all because that Golem from LOTR look-alike Alan Greenspan had to fuq with the ecomomy.  I'm not alone though - almost all my coworkers who are over college age are laid off professionals too.  

Its easier said than done, but try to stay positive about the future job market - it beats the alternative.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
hehehehe...and in 6 months, the loan payments start...
View Quote

Not if he runs out and signs up with Uncle Sugar.  Good for at least a one year "forebearance" period.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats!!!

[BEER]

Welcome to the real world.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#17]
congratulations !!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats....I've got a bud who is graduating from Endicott tomorrow(I think).  Isn't that in Boston?  
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:16:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Congrats on graduation.  Lots of hard work and dedication to get from point A to point B in college.  Now comes the fun part, making real money.  

I would rather my tax dollars go help a  firearm enthusiests education any day, than pay for goverment housing for a lazy law breaking crack addict sucking up our tax dollars getting shot, stabbed and over dosed, while we also pay for the next generation of rats born in the process!  Praise and encourage those that contribute society, and shove those who don't, out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top