Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 8:46:23 AM EDT
I'm going with a friend and he is looking at a used M&P.  Are there any things in particular I should look for or be aware of before purchasing?  This is his first pistol.  This gun is being sold at a gunstore, not a private sale.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pull the trigger slowly and watch the aft end of the slide.

what is he looking for?  I am generously interested, as I am in the market for an M&P, used or otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Off the top of my head, rust, corrosion, and that all the parts move like they should. If it was carried expect holster wear but that's not a big deal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
field strip and look for corrosion, unusual wear, cracks, etc. Obviously, you should do a function check as well such as making sure the slide locks back on an empty mag, etc... That's all I can help you with...I'm not an expert on buying used guns.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is he looking for?  I am generously interested, as I am in the market for an M&P, used or otherwise.

Watch the slide move up and down.

I'm not retarded, but I still don't get it. Can you maybe expand on this a little?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not retarded, but I still don't get it. Can you maybe expand on this a little?

You must seek the answer within, my child.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Slightly retarded here and I don't get it either.

Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#9]
my guess that he is looking for excessive wear on the rails.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top