Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 8:32:45 AM EDT
I've been carrying a full size pistol concealed for quite a while now, and have no problem with it. I like carrying a full size. I'm about to start a new job as a server at a restaurant to make some extra cash.
I'm not 100% sure that firearms are prohibited by the company, but I'd bet they are. Of COURSE I will fully comply with all of their rules and would never dream of carrying a gun at my new job.

Right. Anyway, I'm wondering what you people who have similar jobs do at work. Leave it in the car? I know there must be people out there working in restaurants who still carry.
What do you carry, what kind of holster etc? I don't have a good compact as of now so I'm very interested to hear some opinions or maybe some things I hadn't considered.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I worked as a server back in college...

I can't imagine doing the job carrying. At least not without being found out. Carrying food w/ your arms up in the air, walking through crowds, bending over / serving... not condusive to stealth.

At the time, I'd leave mine in the car.

ETA: I did, however, carry delivering pizzas (against company policy.... like I gave a shit) .
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#2]
probably pocket carry so no one bumps into a IWB gun .
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
probably pocket carry so no one bumps into a IWB gun .

I always pocket carried when I served, did bar, etc. Kitchen I had more freedom, but if you are out with customers, you better have a pretty small gun, and front pocket is your best bet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top