Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 8:14:00 AM EDT
well its that time of season again.. time to start shooing squeekers. so its been trigger job time again, in the shop..

Yesterday evening, work order was for 5 10/22's set at 2.5 lbs.. I stone mine, I do not use the drop in stuff.
First 4 were all stock factory fresh, so they went quick on the jig. then I hit the last one..

OMGWTFBBQ! Looks like some one tried to do a trigger job with out knowing WTF they were doing.. you do not shorten the hammer hook! Yes you do re cut the angle, but you do not shorten the hammer hook.. on the 10/22 its all about angles and not hook length! Also dont use a buffer on the engagement locations.. this thing looked like it was made of chromed plastic that was baked in the oven. it had a beautyful melt job done to it. But thats not what we want we want nice crisp angles and edges!

Grrr.. luckly I had a spare at the house, so I can get that one finished and out of here.

Sorry no pics it was late and I was tired..
and still waiting on shillen for my barrel shipment! grrrr
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#1]
So when customers get their guns back, do they smell like chili dogs?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

no mtn dew and cheetos.. i make sure I wipe all the cheeto residew off the guns before I bag them..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you feel about boiling guns?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How do you feel about boiling guns?

ya know I saw that thread and It made the baby jesus cry..

But to be honest, we boil guns in solvent to clean them before going into the hot blue tank..

a nice bead blast and blue would really liven that gun up..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Did the trashed 10/22 belong to a fat girl?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no mtn dew and cheetos.. i make sure I wipe all the cheeto residew off the guns before I bag them..

I'm sure that makes you popular with the nerd crowd.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure that makes you popular with the nerd tacticool crowd.  

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#9]
OP:  Could you give me a ballpark for what decent smith should charge me to solder on a better front sight to my Mossberg 500?

I want to upgrade the sights and that is one job I won't do myself, trying to figure out what it should cost, before I go get insane quotes from the local gunsmith.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP:  Could you give me a ballpark for what decent smith should charge me to solder on a better front sight to my Mossberg 500?

I want to upgrade the sights and that is one job I won't do myself, trying to figure out what it should cost, before I go get insane quotes from the local gunsmith.

whats the barrel now? Bead front, bead on rail? ramp? and what are you wanting to go to?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top