Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:37:58 AM EDT
Pat Robertson often justifies natural disasters according to his religious beliefs, the Lefties use their substitute for religion in much the same way.

Storms Kill Over 250 Americans In States Represented By Climate Pollution Deniers

The congressional delegations of these states — Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Virginia, and Kentucky — overwhelmingly voted to reject the science that polluting the climate is dangerous. They are deliberately ignoring the warnings from scientists.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/28/tornado-global-warming/

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet the media goes crazy like they do over Robertson.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pat Robertson often justifies natural disasters according to his religious beliefs, the Lefties use their substitute for religion in much the same way.

Storms Kill Over 250 Americans In States Represented By Climate Pollution Deniers

The congressional delegations of these states — Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Virginia, and Kentucky — overwhelmingly voted to reject the science that polluting the climate is dangerous. They are deliberately ignoring the warnings from scientists.

How bout he go fuck himself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't believe in global warming your racis...oh wait, what?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#5]
As a Christian that disgust me

WTF!

Are we supposed to be happy for the pain of others
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#6]
That's some "big shitty" thinking right there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you sure it's not becuase of something gay?  I think there was a poll in Mobile Alabama that put gay marriage at 51%.  That's probably what triggered the Tornados.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#8]
So, are we back to sating global warming is not occurring?

How do I keep up?  Do you guys have a website?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Idiots...
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Tits on a warthog the climate has been changing forever long before man ever stepped foot out of caves...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tits on a warthog the climate has been changing forever long before man ever stepped foot out of caves...

Has anyone suggested otherwise?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Libtard reasoning at its finest.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#13]
My first thought was, "Whoever wrote this article sounds like a monstrous child spawned from Pat Robertson and Al Gore."

Raven beat me to it.
Why various groups, regardless of allegiance, have to use a crisis to further their own agenda, often before the bodies of the dead are cold, is beyond me.
- BG
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Fuck em.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I bet the media goes crazy like they do over Robertson.....

No the media is towing the line.  Brian Williams was doing a segment on the tornados and he kept trying to get the tornado experts to cop to the fact that global climate change was partially responsible.

Turned channel after that
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I just gotta wonder if that was written by some Ex-pert Big City Thinker in the Bay Area.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Global Warming really has become a religion   Those people are nuts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's perfectly logical.

The general discussion blames California earthquakes on liberal politics.

The folks here are not that much different that liberals writing news stories - assign blame first - create a victim - point fingers elsewhere and RARELY (if ever) actually look at the root cause with incite and enlightenment and do anything about it.

You are a DU troll, just like the DK-Prof guy.  This whole board has been infiltrated with people dedicated to silencing the Truth™!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not seeing where they are 'justifying' it.  Hurricane katrina was an 'act of God' in judgment on the New Orleans - because there was teh geys there.  
What the lefties appear to be saying is more along the lines of 'play stupid games...' - not that they can make the case that this weather is due to their reps preventing green energy salvation.
But it is a little different than claiming the south is being punished for immoral acts.  Unless someone was making the claim that it was all the gays vibrating in unison somehow pumping energy into the hurricane.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not seeing where they are 'justifying' it.  Hurricane katrina was an 'act of God' in judgment on the New Orleans - because there was teh geys there.  
What the lefties appear to be saying is more along the lines of 'play stupid games...' - not that they can make the case that this weather is due to their reps preventing green energy salvation.
But it is a little different than claiming the south is being punished for immoral acts.  Unless someone was making the claim that it was all the gays vibrating in unison somehow pumping energy into the hurricane.

In other words, for all ther lunacy, the lefties actually are more logical?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#22]
It should not be a crime to burn these nutjobs at the stake.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#23]
We've always had tornados in the south.  That's what I was explaining to the salesman at Lowes when I was buying a generator for my son that lost power at his house due to the tornados that went through AR this week.  The salesman was from New York and he was freaked out by the weather.  Nothing unusual is what I told him.  Simply springtime in the south.

Now, for some liberal fuckhead to attempt to make a political statement while people in my state and others are suffering is totally unacceptable.  I'm a conservative so I don't buy into these libtard theories anyway, but to try to push your agenda at a time when people's lives and property have been ruined is disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's sort of hard to be "less logical" than religious nutjobs.

The Left may not be "correct," but they have more substance than 2000 year old works of fiction.

- BG

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#25]
The author of that link should be drug out back, shot in the head and buried in a shallow grave right next to the people who said that the Japan tsunami was divine retribution for WWII.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How bout he go fuck himself.

Better yet, how about we let the Southerns fuck him with some of the debris from their demolished homes
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Left may not be "correct," but they have more substance than 2000 year old works of fiction.

- BG

Nice agenda you have. Second thread where you used 2000 year old work of fiction. I did not know a man from CT disproved christianity, when people much smarter have failed on the same quest. You try too much too prove your belief in nothing. That "work of fiction" has yet to be wrong, I hope you are not a gambler, because you sure don't know where to place your chips
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Climate pollution?  Is that the new term now?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#30]
You can change the weather by voting.  This is what liberals actually believe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Nice agenda you have. Second thread where you used 2000 year old work of fiction. I did not know a man from CT disproved christianity, when people much smarter have failed on the same quest. You try too much too prove your belief in nothing. That "work of fiction" has yet to be wrong, I hope you are not a gambler, because you sure don't know where to place your chips

Only on ARFCOM will a thread about a tragedy be turned into a stupid fucking religion debate...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Are we referring to the people in the comments saying that they somehow deserved it???.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#33]
That's some weapons-grade stupid right there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Someone's forgetting a similar pattern back in 1974 that killed 250.  I don't recall climate change issues back then
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I take you point.  The problem is that when you invoke god as a cause, logic no longer applies.  Everything is possible, god can't be comprehended by mere mortals.  Logic, cause and effect, repeatable tests; all of it goes out the window.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

didn't climate change so much at one time that all living organisms died off a couple times?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- BG

Only on ARFCOM will a thread about a tragedy be turned into a stupid fucking religion debate...

I think you are in the wrong thread.  The threads discussing the tragedy are over there, this one is comparing wrath of god as cause vs political position as cause.
Of course its going to involve discussing religion, on arfcom and everywhere else
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#38]
That actually, genuinely, pisses me the fuck off.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

snip

QFT
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do I keep up? Do you guys have a website?

didn't climate change so much at one time that all living organisms died off a couple times?

I think the Permian–Triassic extinction event was the largest single extintion event to have happen, not including any total evaporation impact events.

Some 96% of all mairne species and 70% of the land species were killed off.

Of course we have global warming to blame for the extention of the mammoths . If only early man didn't discover fire. The mammoths would still be alive today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the Permian–Triassic extinction event was the largest single extintion event to have happen, not including any total evaporation impact events.

You must be thinking of the Noachian Flood, unless you are one of those global warming worshipping atheists.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be thinking of the Noachian Flood, unless you are one of those global warming worshipping atheists.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2002/28jan_extinction/
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#43]
I thought weather wasn't climate change......ya fucker
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It should not be a crime to burn these nutjobs at the stake.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- BG

I'll bet my 2000 yr old "fiction" verses the 50 yr old fiction of the Warmers....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I thought weather wasn't climate change......ya fucker

Seriously, have any of you even bothered to read what the climate change people have been saying for 30+ years?  90% of the posts in these threads are always complete strawmen.  One of the predictions made by the models is an increase in severe storms and changing weather patterns.  A related huge concern was more rain in wet areas, and less rain in dry areas.  Another was more and stronger hurricanes (remember the whining about Katrina being caused by global warming?).

Dispute the facts and evidence all you want, but at least have a clue what they are saying and predicting, or you sound uneducated and merely reinforce the left's stereotypes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

The very first mass extinction was caused when photosynthetic organisms were pumping out bacteria and it started becoming free in the atmosphere. The O2 rise then led to a period where we pretty much had a 'snowball earth'.

Hell, during the period the dinosaurs roamed the earth we didn't have ice caps.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

1)  I don't have an agenda.  Your childish superstitions, that were designed to offer answers to the infantile questions of man about his own situation, do not register on my list of priorities.

2)  I like the "2000 year old work of fiction" line.  I hardly believe I am the first to utter such a phrase, but I'd be honored if it was attributed to me.

3)  I do not take credit for "disproving" anything. nor did I mention Christianity in my post.

4)  I'm not a gambler, but I do play stocks.  I find it far more satisfying than thinking about zombie-prophets, desert-dwelling warrior-prophets, eight-legged elephant deities, or any of the variety of nonsense that humans have made up to comfort themselves or subjugate others.
I should be in Alabama by Tuesday.  If I can find the time to bring necessary wares and goods into hard-hit areas, I will do so.  One thing I won't be doing is trying to convert people, or handing out pamphlets, or offering help in the name of anything other than the fact that people can help other people without worrying about accolades now or in the afterlife.

For those that would use this tragedy to further their own goals, be it religious or secular, I bid them nothing but ill-will.  This thread is about just such people, and I'm sorry that you seem to be all sorts of sensitive to it.

- BG

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top