Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 9:15:02 PM EDT
Anyone catch that guy named "Gabriel" on the Art Bell show last night? I only heard the last 20 minutes of Art's interview this guy who says he gets contracted to break people out of foreign jails for a living.

Anyway, he must have been making some pretty big fun show sized tall tales about his sniping abilities, because someone who has undergone military sniper training called in to expose the guy.

1. Caller asked "Gabriel" what grain of bullet did he use to do his numerous 1000 yard kills at. Gabriel mumbles nonsense and when continually pressed says "PMC".

2. Caller asked what the bullet drop was at 300 yards was for his "PMC" load. "Gabriel" couldn't answer.

3. Caller asked at what range did he zero the rifle. "Gabriel" stuttered "350 to 500 yards". Caller asked what range of "350 to 500 yards?". "Gabriel" spouted some nonsense.

4. Caller asked what is the bullet wind drift at 1000 yards in a 10mph crosswind. "Gabriel" couldn't answer but says that he usually takes 3-5 shots at the target. Then he starts whining about how sniping wasn't his forte as he likes to sneak up behind people to cut their throats. Then says how he would like to meet up with the caller in a dark alley one day.

By then "Gabriel" was backpeddling so hard and making an ass out of himself that Art hung up on the caller. I mean this is BASIC stuff that most people here would even know how to answer correctly.

I think this guy watched "Proof of Life" a few too many times.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.artbell.com/[/url]

[img]http://www.artbell.com/img/andy.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
From Art Bell's website:

Gabriel is the person that your family wants to find when all hope is lost, you're already given up for dead, and there is absolutely no one left to help you when in some foreign jail or taken hostage by guerillas....
View Quote

Yeah right!

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah I listened to most of the show.  All I could think of when he was talking was the
"A-team"
At the beginning of the show he said he diddnt enjoy killing people unless it was when he was sniping at a 1,000 yards.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I also listened to this chucklehead spout his merc fantasies on national radio...What a joke!!!

I don't know who is worse... "Mr. Ultimate Warrior", for clogging up my radio with his bullcrap, or Art Bell, for allowing him to do it?

Oh, I almost forgot. My favorite part was when old "Gabe" told Art that he trains for hand to hand combat by going into dangerous neighborhoods at night so that he can pick fights with real life thugs and muggers!  [:o)]

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I also listened to this chucklehead spout his merc fantasies on national radio...What a joke!!!

I don't know who is worse... "Mr. Ultimate Warrior", for clogging up my radio with his bullcrap, or Art Bell, for allowing him to do it?
View Quote

I read somewhere that Art doesn't even believe everything said on his show and knows that some of his guests are just plain bullshit artists. He just allows them get in over their heads by themselves.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
You know I can understand that Art has to give guests the benefit of the doubt but anymore the guy just lets em run off at the mouth even when its obvious their full of it. I think he's mainly money and ego these days. It used to be that you had to almost literally cuss a guest out for him to hang up on you but now if you just disagree or cast some doubt on them your guilty of "character assassination". I'd like to see someone else come along for a much needed change of pace in discussions outside the norm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top