Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 4:02:52 AM EDT

2nd Amendment Advocates Across The US Have Much To Be Proud Of In California

Despite the generally-held view that 2nd Amendment Rights are a lost cause in California, gun rights activists across the country have much to be proud of with their fellow supporters in the Golden State. With the defeat of every gun control bill in the State Legislature in 2010, including the highly-controversial Open Carry ban bill, AB 1934, 2nd Amendment advocates on the West Coast and all across the nation can celebrate the new-found momentum and renewed vigor with which Californians approach the subject of gun rights in this modern era. Following the national trend of the gun control lobby's dramatically diminishing relevance in modern American poltics, the decades-long encroachment against every common, law-abiding citizen's 2nd Amendment Rights in the Golden State has been stopped cold in 2010 and striking progress forward is being made this year in 2011.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 2nd Amendment Advocates Across The US Have Much To Be Proud Of In California - Oakland Gun Rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-oakland/national-2nd-amendment-advocates-have-much-to-be-proud-of-california#ixzz1Kuehbofx

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Good show, but I won't be impressed until the people of CA no longer have to deal with arbitrary limitations on what features/ ammo capacity thier firearms can have.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It finally sunk into the ocean?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never understood the dichotomy between ARFCOM and CA-gun owners, and the lack of support thereof.

Being written off because of the state in which one resides sucks......

Fellow U.S. gun owners should be allies.......not targets of ridicule due to state politics.

CA gun owners have won huge court battles over the last year, specifically AB962! Bravo!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#4]
In for the anticipated Herp Derp.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
All they have to celebrate is that they went a year without it getting even worse?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In for the anticipated Herp Derp.

First they will HERP, then they will DERP!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No but in Tennessee, 46 dudes married their sisters...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All they have to celebrate is that they went a year without it getting even worse?  

You have to stop the leak before you pump the water out. I would never had guessed the OC ban would be defeated in Cali. I hope they use these victories to go on the offensive.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Can someone explain what that article was actually about? I skimmed the whole thing, but there was so much purple prose I could barely get anything from it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to stop the leak before you pump the water out. I would never had guessed the OC ban would be defeated in Cali. I hope they use these victories to go on the offensive.
OC isn't banned here anyway? Or do you mean we can now do it with a magazine inserted?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No but in Tennessee, 46 dudes married their sisters...  

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

TN finally get blown off the map? I guess just the smart ones.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad that the folks in California are fighting the good fight. Hell, I'm in Texas and we can barely get something worthwhile passed
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:51:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If CA broke off, it would be the largest island, just saying

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Defeate of every gun control bill is misleading.

Arnold signed the mail order ammo ban. We got lucky when a judge threw it out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If CA broke off, it would be the largest island, just saying

Not even close.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have never understood the dichotomy between ARFCOM and CA-gun owners, and the lack of support thereof.

Fellow U.S. gun owners should be allies.......not targets of ridicule due to state politics.

CA gun owners have won huge court battles over the last year, specifically AB962! Bravo!!!!

From what I just read in the OP it looks like California is doing better in 2A legislation in the past year than Oklahoma is.  Congrats and good luck in the future.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Keep pushing! Hopefully you can push the anti gunners out of California, and into the sea.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

we sup[port you and are glad you didn't get even more fucked.  We just laugh at the idea of any advancement in your guys rights.  California is a lost cause unless a tsunami rolls in and takes out the costal cities.  All you good conservatives with guns should move here and help bring that commie shithole to it's knees.  

John Galt California and we will be proud.  If you love your state you will move

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Good luck Californians!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OC isn't banned here anyway? Or do you mean we can now do it with a magazine inserted?

There was proposed legislation to ban open carry entirely- it was defeated.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#24]

not passing new gun control is a LONG way from being pro-gun.

i write off CA (as a state) because it's not pro-gun.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, I was referring to the proposed legislation that was defeated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Still not moving back.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks to too many democRATS in this state, I went from being able to walk out of a gun store with an AR-15 on my 18th birthday, to not being able to buy a new AR-15 (except crippleware OLL stuff).

Gun owners here do everything possible to reverse the trend, but the opposition seems to have been very successful - "for the children," don't you know?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

QFT

There are a lot of good people in Ca that get screwed over by the liberal majority in the major citys, i was born and spent most of my life in Northern Ca and watched the liberals slowly ruin my beloved home.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

we sup[port you and are glad you didn't get even more fucked.  We just laugh at the idea of any advancement in your guys rights.  California is a lost cause unless a tsunami rolls in and takes out the costal cities.  All you good conservatives with guns should move here and help bring that commie shithole to it's knees.  

John Galt California and we will be proud.  If you love your state you will move

I did, 4 years ago. The stupid gun laws were a big factor leading to my escape.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:

we sup[port you and are glad you didn't get even more fucked. We just laugh at the idea of any advancement in your guys rights.  California is a lost cause unless a tsunami rolls in and takes out the costal cities.  All you good conservatives with guns should move here and help bring that commie shithole to it's knees.  
John Galt California and we will be proud. If you love your state you will move

Thats what I love about gun owners here, solidarity.

Maybe our military can adopt your great plan. "If you love your country, run away!"

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, so we're celebrating things not getting worse? Color me apathetic, and call me when they get better.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

One would have to mentally differentiate between CA conservatives and CA anti-gun commies.

That would require at least second grade level thinking skills.

You're dreaming.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Anyone else see the irony of someone from IL shit talking CA in regard to gun rights?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, wouldn't it be nice if we as a nation could celebrate the same thing?

I say kudos to the gun folks in CA.  I would love to see your state regain it's sanity.  Perhaps this will be remembered as an early step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

we sup[port you and are glad you didn't get even more fucked. We just laugh at the idea of any advancement in your guys rights.  California is a lost cause unless a tsunami rolls in and takes out the costal cities.  All you good conservatives with guns should move here and help bring that commie shithole to it's knees.  

Maybe our military can adopt your great plan. "If you love your country, run away!"

If there was a place willing to embrace the US constitution and provided more freedom you bet your ass I would move there.  America is an idea more than it is a map location. I fight to save America only because it is still the best and last hope for freedom in the world.  You can fight for freedom by letting liberalism in california fail .  Save up and move somewhere more free.  let california become an example rather than being a slave to it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Feel your pain, we had someone stating in the NYS trucker bust thread that all matches currently held in NY Cali NJ etc should be shut down until the states strike down all the laws...

Yea thats a good plan kill off anything that would actually draw more people into the shooting sports.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If there was a place willing to embrace the US constitution and provided more freedom you bet your ass I would move there.  America is an idea more than it is a map location. I fight to save America only because it is still the best and last hope for freedom in the world.  You can fight for freedom by letting liberalism in california fail .  Save up and move somewhere more free.  let california become an example rather than being a slave to it.

Last I heard, your theory is called "Running with your tail between your legs"... If your theory was in the minds and hearts of our freedom fighting founders who stood up to tyranny, There would be NO America as we know it. I would rather sit in a foxhole with these people who sit and fight knowing they would fight with me... Not high tail ass outta here when the heat is turned up.
Looking at the history of gun laws here, they have been progressively getting less each year... until this year where they ceased. Why, because the pro constitutional AMERICANS of this state squelched that crap. And how did we do it?
Not by running away.

so the basis of capitalism and speaking with your wallet is cowardice?
I for one have nothing against those fighting anti gun laws in california. I applaud you and wish you the best.  I just think that moving to a free state and letting that one collapse is the best way to end what is going on in California.   I understand it is your home and you are willing to go the long haul but if Arizona went full retard I would save up and move somewhere that wasn't going full retard.  
I still think that the rural half of califoria should force a separation from the coastal cities and form a new state.  That seems like the best alternative if you want to reference the founders of this country. The founders didn't try to change britain. They forged their own country. The urban centers of california are lost and are oppressing the rest of the state.  Change your battle tactics if you want to win .

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#42]
This is good news!  Maybe I can change my username soon!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#43]
To those of you sticking with it / putting up with it, good job, and continued good luck.

I "ran away" from NJ/NY, but I was born in ID anyway, so I never belonged under those big city lights.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last I heard, your theory is called "Running with your tail between your legs"... If your theory was in the minds and hearts of our freedom fighting founders who stood up to tyranny, There would be NO America as we know it. I would rather sit in a foxhole with these people who sit and fight knowing they would fight with me... Not high tail ass outta here when the heat is turned up.

Looking at the history of gun laws here, they have been progressively getting less each year... until this year where they ceased. Why, because the pro constitutional AMERICANS of this state squelched that crap. And how did we do it?

Not by running away.

so the basis of capitalism and speaking with your wallet is cowardice?

I for one have nothing against those fighting anti gun laws in california. I applaud you and wish you the best.  I just think that moving to a free state and letting that one collapse is the best way to end what is going on in California.   I understand it is your home and you are willing to go the long haul but if Arizona went full retard I would save up and move somewhere that wasn't going full retard.  

I still think that the rural half of califoria should force a separation from the coastal cities and form a new state.  That seems like the best alternative if you want to reference the founders of this country. The founders didn't try to change britain. They forged their own country. The urban centers of california are lost and are oppressing the rest of the state.  Change your battle tactics if you want to win .

Urban centers of California are lost. There is a Mega-shit-ton of herp derp going on there. However, coastal CA has a lot of conservative strongholds. Newport Beach, Dana Point, Huntington Beach, Newport Coast for starters are key coastal CA cities that are heavily conservative.

Legislators in California are feeling capitalist pressure on they wayward politics with the mass exodus of corporations bailing out of this state. I feel sorry for the workers that lost their jobs but business is business and they HAVE to leave due to erroneous environmental rules and obnoxious business regulations. Even former San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsom is realizing this NOW. He even had to go to Texas recently and asked first hand "WHY" are California businesses migrating there... he and his entourage got an earful.

You are saying to "Change your battle tactics if you want to win" Isn't that what we are doing from tactics of just a mere 10 years ago? When you are losing 10-1, you have to tie the game first before scoring to win. It's tied. As said earlier, there are a bunch of pro gun bills being worked on AS WELL AS fighting unconstitutional laws that have been passed.

Please check CRPA (California Rifle & Pistol Association) Calguns.net, California NRA-ILA websites for more detailed info if you are interested.

okay Ill give you the benefit of the doubt . the last california elections though..........  brown turd..........

just hard to have hope.  Maybe you guys will be able to lead the way out of thee mess but damn..........

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top