Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/26/2011 4:13:44 AM EDT
Thought yall might like to see some of the kinds of stuff we get to do every week

Trapped Hogs

Hog Doggin

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
A dead hogs a good hog...
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Kill 'em all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
BIg balls........Yall have em
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Catahoula, but I think he's too much of a pussy to go Hog Doggin' with me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've got a Catahoula, but I think he's too much of a pussy to go Hog Doggin' with me.

Some dogs have it and some don't. Either way they're still great dogs.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. He's the one of the most loyal dogs I've ever owned, and he has a great temperament. He's good around the baby because he would never hurt a fly.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
can't wait to get home to see the pics!
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:50:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool videos.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cool videos.

Thanks. It's always a fun time making them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool videos.

Thanks. It's always a fun time making them.

Can you buy wild hog meat somewhere?
I've heard it tastes better.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Those guys are stacking up some bad karma.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank God you're not doing this to dogs or squirrels, GD would have a fucking melt down...
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Very nice!  Looks like fun.  Where in Texas are you doing the slaying?

This is the only way I can kill them.  I don't have dogs.

Feral Hog Shot
Feel free to watch in HD!
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What vid are you watching?

All I saw was hunting up some BBQ.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Those guys are stacking up some bad karma. helping landowners get rid of those destructive hogs, and providing great hunts in the process.  

Fixed.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Why not just shoot them on sight?  Why seperate and tie live pigs or drag out the inevitable killing?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#19]
nasty little bastards.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Just curious, but what is the sense of pulling them out of the trap live?  It would seem easier to just shoot the bigger ones.  I saw this on that program "Hog Wild" where they trap them or run them down with dogs.  Seems easier to get them in a pen and then have a field day.  Not very quiet, but there are ways to take care of that.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Just curious, but what is the sense of pulling them out of the trap live? It would seem easier to just shoot the bigger ones. I saw this on that program "Hog Wild" where they trap them or run them down with dogs. Seems easier to get them in a pen and then have a field day. Not very quiet, but there are ways to take care of that.

Why put the animal through all of that? Trap it, drag it out, tie it up, slit the throat.... just shoot the damn things and end it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thought yall might like to see some of the kinds of stuff we get to do every week

Trapped Hogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l34Sun8QH9Q

Hog Doggin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6iM7Yv1oA

i hate you

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just curious, but what is the sense of pulling them out of the trap live?  It would seem easier to just shoot the bigger ones.  I saw this on that program "Hog Wild" where they trap them or run them down with dogs.  Seems easier to get them in a pen and then have a field day.  Not very quiet, but there are ways to take care of that.

Tagged for the answer.

Good videos by the way!
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious, but what is the sense of pulling them out of the trap live? It would seem easier to just shoot the bigger ones. I saw this on that program "Hog Wild" where they trap them or run them down with dogs. Seems easier to get them in a pen and then have a field day. Not very quiet, but there are ways to take care of that.

Why put the animal through all of that? Trap it, drag it out, tie it up, slit the throat.... just shoot the damn things and end it.

Well that wouldn't get their nipples all hard now would it?

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thank God you're not doing this to dogs or squirrels, GD would have a fucking melt down...

or giraffes
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is that supposed to mean?

I can't speak for them, but my guess would be they don't kill them immediately so as to not require butchering immediately. Perhaps they don't have time to do it all at once, and perhaps they simply can't use all the meat immediately. Perhaps they have a pen to keep them in until they do wish to butcher them.

You touchy-feely city boys need to understand what a scourge these things are. Rather than making derisive and snide comments you might consider trying to learn something from men.

Hopefully PonyBoy will answer.

So you have no idea? Great, I will wait for an answer of somebody that does. Oh and you have no idea where I am from, so keep your "city boy" comments to yourself.

The nipple comment was stupid BTW.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, that's ignorant.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Little baby hogs grow into big hogs... Mmmmmm bacon!

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't speak for them, but my guess would be they don't kill them immediately so as to not require butchering immediately. Perhaps they don't have time to do it all at once, and perhaps they simply can't use all the meat immediately. Perhaps they have a pen to keep them in until they do wish to butcher them.

You touchy-feely city boys need to understand what a scourge these things are. Rather than making derisive and snide comments you might consider trying to learn something from men.

So you have no idea? Great, I will wait for an answer of somebody that does. Oh and you have no idea where I am from, so keep your "city boy" comments to yourself.

I have an idea––several actually. There are game farms (fenced operations that sell hunts) that will buy them. Perhaps they are doing it for this reason––$$.

I'm not associated with the guys in the videos so I have no way of knowing why they do what they do. My attitude is simply––WTF difference does it make?

Well aside from Mr. NIpples, I just want to know whay they don't just end it like you would a deer or Elk?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because they are worth money alive.  People buy them.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. He's the one of the most loyal dogs I've ever owned, and he has a great temperament. He's good around the baby because he would never hurt a fly.

You might be surprised at what your Catahoula will do.  I have one that is the most gentle dog around.  He will only fight long enough when attacked to get the attacking dog off of him. Extremely mild mannered and gentle with my family and the other pups.  

Put him on a hog and he is all teeth, it's like you flipped a switch in his head or something.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#36]
One thing's for certain....

There were alot of pigs in those videos.

The big one in particular... I was fearful he was going to have a heart attack trotting through the woods.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#37]
The reason we don't kill them? Dead hogs aren't worth any money.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

or giraffes

Well played Sir, well played
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good grief, folks are acting like they are kittens or something. these things are snouted rats and need to be eliminated. Pen'em, poke'em, shoot'em, stab'em, who gives a fuck as long as they die?

The PETA runs strong here.  Sadly.

Ponyboy, thanks for posting and clarifying.  

The only PETA I understand is People Eating Tasty Animals...

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, y'all are big meanies. I bet you kill snakes too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The big one in particular... I was fearful he was going to have a heart attack trotting through the woods.

Curious––do you have any video of you trotting through the woods?  Any woods?  Desert?  Couch to fridge?  

Nope.
Hope that satisfied your curiosity.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious––do you have any video of you trotting through the woods?  Any woods?  Desert?  Couch to fridge?  

Nope.
Hope that satisfied your curiosity.

Gotcha.  I think it's sad all you got out of the videos was to make fun of someone out getting some exercise, improving the surrounding area, and having fun.  Odd perspective that.  

I got alot more out of them than that. They were certainly educational. Not necessarily in the manner you nor the OP intended, but educational none-the-less.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The reason we don't kill them? Dead hogs aren't worth any money.

So they will be sold alive.. ok, that makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I'm sure the landowners will take that burden for them.

These things are a scourge. They are highly mobile bulldozers that destroy crops, pastures and seriously degrade people's livelihood. And they reproduce like rabbits.

If it helps your sensibilities, they reproduce FAR faster than they are eliminated.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I got alot more out of them than that. They were certainly educational. Not necessarily in the manner you nor the OP intended, but educational none-the-less.

We understand that there is going to be a portion of the population that are too feminine or weak stomached to understand what we do. That's just the name of the game. We aren't here to please everybody or even a majority of the people. In a nutshell, if you don't like it, tough shit.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Well aside from Mr. NIpples, I just want to know whay they don't just end it like you would a deer or Elk?

You mean like this?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top