Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2002 12:31:47 PM EDT
WOOO HOOO!! What an awesome time. Last night we took a road trip to see Lewis Black live and we ended up partying with him. I am trying to get his agent to pick me up on the roster. (yes, I would leave the IT field in an instant to do standup)

If you don't know who Lewis Black is, he's one of the hottest, fastest-rising, stand-up comedians on the scene right now. You can catch him on Wednesday nights on the Daily SHow with Jon Stewart on Comedy Central.

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/FreakOnALeash/lewis1.jpg[/img]
Earning a living

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/FreakOnALeash/mikebrianlanden.jpg[/img]
Partying with Lewis. (I'm wearing the blue jacket)

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/uploaded/FreakOnALeash/mjandrea.jpg[/img]
Mrs. BenDover, Lewis, my wife's HOTTIE cousin Andrea. mmmmmmmm Too bad they don't have any family lust bi tendencies.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You kind of resemble Lewis Black in the second pic.

He is incredibly funny, IMO.  I taped one of his shows off cable (HBO or Cinemax, I think) and loaned it to my brother.  He still hasn't returned it.  Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That IS Lewis in the second pic. I was taking the picture.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That IS Lewis in the second pic. I was taking the picture.
View Quote

Then why does the caption read, "Partying with Lewis. (I'm wearing the blue jacket)?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, you said second (from the bottom?)... sorry. I AM wearing the jacket in the FIRST pic from the TOP.

You think I look like him? I knew I was ugly, but that is a travesty.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Nah, I meant you resemble him in that pic.  I didn't mean you two are long, lost twins or anything.  No offense intended.

And not to split hairs or anything, but I only see three pictures.  Second from the bottom, or the top.  What's the difference?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've caught him on the Daily Show on comedy central... He's pretty damn funny.  Must've been a blast to hang out with.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nah, I meant you resemble him in that pic.  I didn't mean you two are long, lost twins or anything.  No offense intended.

And not to split hairs or anything, but I only see three pictures.  Second from the bottom, or the top.  What's the difference?
View Quote

I'm an idiot. Ignore me. I thought I had only posted the pics with us partying with him. Come on.... I've been out partying late and I have a headache.

Getting ready to go out again in a few.... heh heh... I love springtime. Tonight... I am on stage locally.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've caught him on the Daily Show on comedy central... He's pretty damn funny.  Must've been a blast to hang out with.
View Quote

He's so funny. They guy can just go off on a random, ad lib rant about anything. We got into a discussion about conservatives vs. liberals and fundamentalism. He ended up going off on the concept of evolution for 10 minutes at the bar. He adores Dick Chaney though.

He was also talking about all the stuff that Comedy Central won't let him do on the air about government waste and buffoonery. He said they are pretty Nazi about their censorship. He works it to promote his live stuff where he says what he wants to.

He did 6 sold-out shows @ $17/a pop. The Funnybone where we saw him seats about 600, so you do the math. He is doing that every night of the week when he tours.

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
He's a libertarian, correct?

An interesting idea; a libertarian comedian...hmmm.

Oh, yeah, he is very funny.  By far my favorite stand-up comic.  I only get to catch his specials on comedy central, and they kind of suck b/c CC edits out as you said, the political stuff, and there is too many commercials.  I'd love to see him live.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw him live at UNC in Feb.  I haven't laughed so hard since Carlin in the 70s and early 80s.  I'm not sure he likes gun owners, but he hates airport security and the buffoons in the federal government in general, so of course I love his work.  He's hilarious.  I only get depressed when I start wondering why though--all he does is talk about common sense ideas that have become really, really ironic in today's world.  For example:  Building a Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks.  

He also made fun of the North Carolina state vehicle motor pool.  Apparently, the car the kids borrowed to pick him up at the airport broke down at the airport and they had quite an adventure after that.  He spent 15 minutes busting on that and the students who came to get him.  "What do the people at the *motor pool* do?  Ah, we're kind of busy today, FUCK THE CARS!".  He said it would be okay if the car was meant to breakdown and the students were being tested to see if they could find a way to get back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top