Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/18/2002 11:29:05 AM EDT
... what do y'all think would be a good pitch/idea for a video application?  

If you're wondering, my friend has been bugging me to apply and, after asking several co-workers who think it'd be a great idea, I think I'm going to do it.  I think it'd be a blast!  (Even though I'd probably get voted off the first week for not being able to keep my mouth shut when asked my honest opinion on something... LOL) [:D]  

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I was thinking of a "Day in the Life" type video and video of me shooting something big and nasty and unmistakeably full-auto was tops on my list of clips to add. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Just do anything for your video.  They are looking for certain people.  You might fit the character and you might not.  It is all just chance.

Then again, you can video your application at the BRC.  [:P]

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Do me a favour if you get on....

KILL SOMETHING!!!

The current show is driving me nuts!

Pigs and chickens running all over the place.

Small sharks in the shallows...

And these lazy asses sit around and starve!!!

Their idea of hunting is to go out and pick large snails off the rocks at low tide....

I MEAN REALLY!!!

Make a spear and KILL SOMETHING TO EAT!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
... and you're a babe too!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Where's the next Survivor taking place?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do me a favour if you get on....

KILL SOMETHING!!!
View Quote

Well, that's kind of the idea... why my friends think I'd be good on there.  One, I'm outgoing and a total goofball.  Two, I've done a lot of things in my life that are non-traditional for women.  Three, I'm one of the first people to say that, while I don't gain pleasure in killing something, it is important to me to KNOW where my food is coming from.  It is showing respect to that animal that is giving up it's life so that I can live.  There is no shame or sadism in that... and I wish someone would articulate that on the show.  

It IS irksome to think that there are people sitting at home eating KFC and getting up in arms about someone on t.v. killing and eating a chicken.  [rolleyes]  

EDITED because I hate when my eyes don't roll.. you don't get the full effect. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]
as Homer Simpson would say: "mmmmm, spicey barbeque wings..."
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
DO IT! I've never watched it, but I would just to see MM.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only if you can wear an AR15.com T-shirt the entire time [:D]
View Quote

AR15.com thong bikini.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm flattered... I guess... but I don't think the world is too eager to see my butt in a thong.  ROTFLMAO

I've never really watched the series... what do you think is the biggest challenge that you've seen?  Physically?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The toughest physical challenge would be, sleeping with a group of people that have bathed in a few week. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Character archetypes for Survivor:

-The Gay guy

-The doctor/lawyer/successful businessman

-The adorable cute sweetheart college-age girl

-The conniving bitch

-The lazy black guy

-The black woman

-The young studly guy

-The old guy

-The feeble old woman who's voted off first

These are the recurring characters that appear in every Survivor season.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Sara, have you completely lost your mind??  Most of those folks are sneaky, sneaky, back-stabbing ego maniacs.  You're not in their class.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sara, have you completely lost your mind??  Most of those folks are sneaky, sneaky, back-stabbing ego maniacs.  You're not in their class.
View Quote
From what I've heard (about the show-we already know MM's a class act), this is true. But wouldn't it be great for Miss Magnum to give 'em a little shot of reality?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Go for it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Raven,

I don't fit any of those archetypes... maybe they'll have to make a new mold!  LOL

And I'm not nuts for trying this, Don.  That's what people said when I spontaneously entered a Meow Mix competition and I ended up winning a trip to Florida, $1000, various other prizes AND.... ::drum roll::.... I got to meet Wayne Newton!

Life is just a series of experiences... it's really a matter of picking the ones you want. [:D]

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
A Meow Mix competition?  Should I even ask?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey!  She's survived here quite well, hasn't she?  The show should be a piece of cake!

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A Meow Mix competition?  Should I even ask?
View Quote

There's actually a website... I think it's still up.  That was a couple years ago, when my hair was close cropped and platinum blonde...  

HEY!  I had a wild hair, okay?  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Miss Magnum, just so you know you must already have a passport before you apply or they will not even look at you. I know becuase I was gonna apply for surviver 2 but I didn't want to shelling out $60 just for a 1 in a million shot.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Meow Mix Competition.

I'm not sure what to make of that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#25]
MM, if you go and it is to someplace exotic and warm I would be happy to construct an official AR15.com string bikini constructed entirely of dental floss.[smoke]

BrenLover
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Do it!!!!!!!!! Hope you get on. That would be soooo kewl.
Remember, keep a lowwwwww profile if you make it on the show.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I suppose you could fool them and get on using the conniving, man-hating lesbian bitch archetype, but once on, the first thing you have to do is kill something. That would seal the deal.

And I would add, it would be perfectly acceptable for you to own firearms in that case. As long as you are a man-hating lesbian, that is.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Was that Meow Mix, the night club or Meow Mix, the cat food?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MM, if you go and it is to someplace exotic and warm I would be happy to construct an official AR15.com string bikini constructed entirely of dental floss.[smoke]

BrenLover
View Quote

No, no, no...don't you know you need to use Kevlar?
View Quote

Would that be with or without the trauma plate?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you're wondering, my friend has been bugging me to apply and, after asking several co-workers who think it'd be a great idea, I think I'm going to do it.  I think it'd be a blast!  (Even though I'd probably get voted off the first week for not being able to keep my mouth shut when asked my honest opinion on something... LOL) [:D]  

View Quote

There is a gal from Burlington in our state that is there now, one of the last to be there. I say go for it. she did and is doing well!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think you'd have a good shot pretending to be a single mother, liberal Rosie lover
that hates conservatives esp. white males!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw the first survivor show.  Hated it.  It had very little to do with surviving in the wilderness and everything to do with being social asswipes who would betray a bud at the drop of a hat.

People with integrity and honor have no place there.  I've never watch it again.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BrenLover
View Quote

No, no, no...don't you know you need to use Kevlar?
View Quote

I will bring 5/8" Kevlar ribbon to the BRC if someone else brings two trauma plates.[;D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Miss Magnum, if the show were TRULY about survival, I think you would do well.  Unfortunately it is much like wrestling - a show, all contrived and PC.  No doubt the selection process is all PC and a gun owner would be culled at once as a major threat to polite society!

That being said, you have the guts and the looks so GO FOR IT!!

Funny, I don't remember your butt but can still see that smile!!  Are you coming to Bulletfest again this year?  Sure hope so!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in for one trauma plate if MM will model it for us when were done![shock]

BrenLover
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Meow Mix Competition.

I'm not sure what to make of that.
View Quote

I believe that was a VIVID VIDEO release [;)]

I will support you whatever in you wish to do... but like Donny.. Donald.. er, Don said - I think you're too good for em [:D]

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Make the video at the BRC! Get footage of you coming through a smoke screen wearing Mall Ninja heavy assault gear, and shooting tracers at some of those sploding target things. Also include MRE dining and tips on how to apply  camoflauge make-up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Make the video at the BRC! Get footage of you coming through a smoke screen wearing Mall Ninja heavy assault gear, and shooting tracers at some of those sploding target things. Also include MRE dining and tips on how to apply  camoflauge make-up.
View Quote

Well, you have to admit that the producers will probably have never seen that before.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#41]
OK, MM

I don't know you, but you strike me as a pretty classy woman.

The little 'reality TV' that I've watched turned me way off.

It was as scripted as a WWF match, like DonR or someone said.

There was  only one who struck me as genuine -- Rudy, the SEAL guy.

Stop listening to your friend and start listening to yourself.

If this is really what you want to do, start really researching it.

Somehow, you strike me as too real for 'reality TV'
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#42]
If I'm too "real" for reality t.v. then either I won't get picked or it might be a refreshing change....  And my friends already decided I WOULD be most like Rudy of all the people they've seen.  LOL

I really just think it would be fun.  A challenge.  I like challenges.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#43]
You'll have to be like Richard from the first series and run around naked. I'm sure someone else posted this same comment before me. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Go for it MM. Just do it..

-T.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I'm too "real" for reality t.v. then either I won't get picked or it might be a refreshing change....  And my friends already decided I WOULD be most like Rudy of all the people they've seen.  LOL

I really just think it would be fun.  A challenge.  I like challenges.  [:D]
View Quote

Well, hell, go for it then.  We'll all still respect you afterwards....[:D]

Anyways, you just might set them on their butts!

Meanwhile, we'll be laughing with you.
At them!
They need someone different from the rut they got into.

I tuned this stuff out, but if you get on, they will have some more viewers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#46]
... I still say you're a shoe in. Do it.
[img]http://www.screamingchaos.com/~phatpat/dancer.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Here is what I dont get. Everyone is allowed to bring ONE luxury item from home. Bring a firearm for pete's sake... HUNT!!!!

View Quote

The rule is, the luxury item can't be a weapon or tool.  

If I was a player, I'd bring a bottle of Visine filled with liquid LSD and dose enemies in my tribe before physical challenges so they'd be all confused and lose the contests.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Guns, Explosions, Fire all while wearing an ity bity Red White & Blue Bikini.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#49]
survivor is such a gay show. It isn't so much about wilderness survival as political survival.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:15:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Survivor = Conniver (show does'n't usually show morals and ethics treated so well, but so is life)

Having said that, go for it. It'll be fun, and there is some money in there. Pass yourself off as a Kathy type and perhaps, there would be a slot for you in the cast.

Good luck
M4-AK
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top