Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2001 5:32:27 PM EDT
This thing is cool, I cut the foam to hold my bushy lower and bushy and ASA uppers, about 16 mags (stacked 4 to a pile), and I still have room!, $270, water tight, floats in the pool[:D], airtight, and it even has wheels on the side(you need em tho, this baby is heavy, even when empty!)
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Got me a couple o those starlight jobs (OD) they are some pigs (nice pigs though) built heavy duty
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.

Those damm things are badASS.

I messed up on my foam a little though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Which model did you get?
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Believe it or not, I got my first pelican case out of the dumpster at work. It had been used for an old outdated piece of equipment and when they retired the eqpt., they chucked the case. I had never seen or heard of one before, but it has been outstanding for my Para-Ordnance and 10 mags. I've bought a few since and though they are expensive, they are worth every penny!
Not something you'd want to drag around very far though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked at Pelican, SKB and Starlight... in the end I went with a more generic case from Galyans - all the same features and WAY cheaper.

I made cut outs for each upper and lower of my 16" and 20" so that there would be more cushion between everything - and I can still fit my USP in there.  Can't wait to take it on the plane!
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Coastie, Got the 1750 travel vault, 45"x16"x6x"

As far as cutting out the foam, get an electric knife, it does a really nice job, I learned that from upolstering, now I just need to get some film, as it even impressed my sis, and she hates guns.

I thought those wheels were dumb at first, but now that its loaded for bear, I need em!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, they are great.

I use a blue one for my first aid kit container on my truck.

Costly, but worth it.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
In my poverty stricken state, do you know what I have to use for a gun case? Old tube socks! I can't even afford a REAL gun sock they sell at the fun shows.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Starlight long gun case. It holds 2 full sized scoped rifles. It's never been used and I am getting rid of it.

Great case, but I am a carbine guy, and the case just is too big for my rifles. Anyone interested, email me an offer.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I GOT A GREEN ONE!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Any of these MFG's gotta web site??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top