Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2011 4:11:47 PM EDT
I've only managed to conquer you twice no matter how many times I've tried.  Seriously, one port and it only trades with New Zealand?  And yes, if a man coughs in Brazil you will shut that port down.

It's impossible to win and I hate you.  Damn it.

Yes, that's even with rodents.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
We discovered that President Madagascar was a stingy cunt years ago.

You're still trying?
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Start with parasite, turn off all symptoms, resist moisture 2, go watch a football game.  Come back and kill everybody.

ETA, it helps when your starting point is Madagascar.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it calls to me.  I must invade Madagascar.  NOW.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link to this game? I forgot what its called.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You mother fucker.  You just doomed any hope of productivity tonight.

Pandemic II it is.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
ETA: BEAT! Slow internet screws me again

*Fuck you Charter Internet*

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Instructions to win (I didn't write it)
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys ever try Conflict: Middle East Political Simulator?

It's got a lot of similarities to Pandemic, 'cept you're Israel trying to balance your neighbors.  It's an old PC game, it's available here and there for download.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ETA: BEAT! Slow internet screws me again

*Fuck you Charter Internet*

Download it to your computer (it's a .swf file) and play it offline.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Out of the many hours water playing that game, I only beat it once. Madagascar is the devil.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

These instructions suck.  An hour now wasted.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I just beat it  

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You guys ever try Conflict: Middle East Political Simulator?

It's got a lot of similarities to Pandemic, 'cept you're Israel trying to balance your neighbors.  It's an old PC game, it's available here and there for download.

I used to play that all the time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I just beat it  
http://i53.tinypic.com/2h4wzh3.jpg

Yup.

I want to get this mounted in a plaque for my office:

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I've beaten Madagascar ONCE.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Tried that 5 times... didn't work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Pandemic II it is.  

Now I get it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler  

Quoted:

Odd. When I used that trick a few months ago, it took me two tries and I won. Maybe you guy are just unlucky.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler  

Quoted:

Odd. When I used that trick a few months ago, it took me two tries and I won. Maybe you guy are just unlucky.

Perhaps.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I knew what this thread was about before clicking.

Everybody hates Madagascar, the question is, do you play the game normally or do you keep making new games until you start in Madagascar?
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like an interesting game.  Where is a good place to play it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I have wasted HOURS playing this game. I have only beaten the game once when I didn't start in Madagascar. I think I have beaten it three times overall just because twice i started in Madagascar.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Sounds like an interesting game. Where is a good place to play it?

just google pandemic 2
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I just got the #2 score after starting in madagascar.

http://scores.crazymonkeygames.com/hs/listscores.php?id=369

ETA: Damn that is just for today not all time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck those bastards. Everyone else in the world is dying, except for the people in Madagascar. And then they get hit with hurricanes, floods, droughts, and everything else that can be thrown at them, and not a single person fucking dies. I hate this fucking game.

And fuck you bastards for getting me to play it. I'd never heard of it before this thread last night.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fuck those bastards. Everyone else in the world is dying, except for the people in Madagascar. And then they get hit with hurricanes, floods, droughts, and everything else that can be thrown at them, and not a single person fucking dies. I hate this fucking game.

And fuck you bastards for getting me to play it. I'd never heard of it before this thread last night.

sucks for you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Started off as parasite, bought vomiting and 1-1-1-0 resistances, then sold vomiting once I got to 4 countries infected.

Left to go do some work outside, came back and all countries including that bitch Madagascar infected.  Bought a shitload of resistances and death causers and let 'em rip.

Took about 370 game days and at least 20 attempts, but I finally got 'em.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Are you fucking kidding me?? I finally got the fucking disease into Madagascar but Peru and Argentina borders were closed. Fuck this game
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I've done it once.
My epidemic started in Madagascar
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've done it once.

My epidemic started in Madagascar

I had that happen once. The fucking president closed the port before it left the country.

Everyone in Madagascar died and the rest of the world was fine.

Fuck you, President Madagascar.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Why did you post this shit?

Now I'm gonna be up allnight. I've spent so much time on this. I have never beaten this shit due to that stupid island.

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#33]
why did you have to post this?

I guess I need to play it now

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:37:33 AM EDT
[#34]
OK, finally getting to try this.  First time playing, doing the realistic mode, didn't bother with the tutorial.  Going for lower-end, low-visibility vectors with nothing towards lethality, going for wide-spread infection before mutating it into something nasty.

ETA: Holy crap, all of a sudden I have 13 million infected in my country of origin, but no deaths, just got forty evolution points all at once.  Looks like the slow burn may be the way to go, at least initially.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Things you might not know about Madagascar:

1. The Malagasy people groups are not strictly African and have their roots in the Arabian penninsula and Asia as well as the East coast of Africa. (Their language is actually quite similar to the language of Borneo.)

2. Malagasy herders pioneered a new type of anti-theft system in recent years. It's called Zebu-Jack.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, running the game in multiple tabs, I finally won one.  I fell asleep while it was running, had one symptom (Sneezing) and nothing else.  Woke up, no one was dead, but every country on the planet had a large infected populace and iI had 132 Evolution points to play with.    Started in Cuba.  Madagascar got wiped out before the country of origin did.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well, running the game in multiple tabs, I finally won one.  I fell asleep while it was running, had one symptom (Sneezing) and nothing else.  Woke up, no one was dead, but every country on the planet had a large infected populace and iI had 132 Evolution points to play with.    Started in Cuba.  Madagascar got wiped out before the country of origin did.

nice,  

I don't think my computer would be happy running multiple tabs of it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I finally got it to start in madagascar, but greenland and new zealand closed the ports before it reached them
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Starting in Madagascar is obviously easiest. Greenland next easiest and Indonesia third. Never won from any other country. I've always picked parasite, build up some resistances especially heat and moisture. Don't do any sympton or means of transmittance until you get it in Madagascar.

Only thing that sucks worse than them closing their dock is the vaccine going into effect and having like 1000 people live in the end.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

It worked last night for me.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OK, finally getting to try this.  First time playing, doing the realistic mode, didn't bother with the tutorial.  Going for lower-end, low-visibility vectors with nothing towards lethality, going for wide-spread infection before mutating it into something nasty.

ETA: Holy crap, all of a sudden I have 13 million infected in my country of origin, but no deaths, just got forty evolution points all at once.  Looks like the slow burn may be the way to go, at least initially.

Make sure all thirteen million are filtering their farts.  President Madagascar shuts his shit down for the slightest odor.  In fact, I'd recommend getting cans on everyones assholes lest he here the sound of flatulence.

President Madagascar is a prissy sum bitch.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

It worked last night for me.

I've beat it a bunch of times similarly, except I use no resistances, no symptoms, no transmissions.  Just let it stew.  You don't need to watch, the clock stops on the vaccine warning.  Once they're all infected, use all the points on visibility and lethality.  That closes the hospitals which stops the vaccine production, and of course kills everyone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#43]
OK, going on my fourth try, lets see how I do. Thanks for the info on the game, quite interesting.

ETA: FUCK THIS
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#44]
My wife kills those motherfuckers all the time.

She is death on two legs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#45]
HOLE EE SHIT!!

That method worked for me!

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Wtf.  I start out with coughing and sneezing, all four resistances, virus.  As soon as I can I open tier 2, sell coughing/sneezing and replace them with diarrhea and fever.  Then I'll either let it sit or up the resistances one more, while gradually adding to third-party delivery(rats/insects/etc).  Somehow I always lose even though I have no noticeable traits.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wtf.  I start out with coughing and sneezing, all four resistances, virus.  As soon as I can I open tier 2, sell coughing/sneezing and replace them with diarrhea and fever.  Then I'll either let it sit or up the resistances one more, while gradually adding to third-party delivery(rats/insects/etc).  Somehow I always lose even though I have no noticeable traits.

The border closings are also triggered by rapid infection rates.  Slow your roll, yo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I finally beat President Madagascar

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Pandemic II it is.  

Thanks, this should make my time at work fly by!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I always beat it by having no symptoms, having it rat-borne, and then cranking up the fatality after Madagascar was infected.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top