Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2011 2:16:59 PM EDT
So I went into a local audio/video store today to check out a specific model of a receiver I'm interested in buying. They have the model I was looking for and asked the guy if they have one hooked up so I can check it out.
The guy says he has one running in the show room but stops me and says:  "do you have mud on your shoes? I don't want to have to shampoo my rugs!"
I was like and said I'd come back some other time.
I mean WTF! Hey douchebag your fucking parking lot is  gravel! It's been raining and snowing for like 2 weeks straight so it's a little fucking messy outside, and peoples shoes tend to get a little dirty! It wasn't like mine were caked with mud! I was seriously interested and had $900 cash in my pocket burning a hole in it. But hey thanks for not wanting to make a sale. I found the same model online shipped to my door for $200 less then what you had it priced at. No wonder you had zero customers in your store on a saturday afternoon! I know I'll never set foot in your precious store again fuckstain!
UPDATE:

So I get home today and douchebag audio/video owner guy has sent me an email!
"You
can’t expect to track mud all over a place of business and not be asked to wipe
your feet. Good luck with any warranty issues you may have with your online
purchase.
"

Yeah, except douchebag owner guy never asked us to wipe our feet just basically told us to fuck off!

This is not a very big town, you'd think a business would be a little more concerned about customer service in light of the shit economy and being just one of many places to buy over priced audio equipment.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You just can't get along with people...

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd blow my brains out if I had to work in retail
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You did right. Buy all that shit on line. You can shop a million stores that way.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You should have said "Nope no mud on my shoes... but I got a little sh*t in my pants.. is that alright?" and proceeded to walk out anyway.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Send the store manager a link to this thread.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I do want to send a link to the sale online I found and a little note of 'thanks' for not wanting to do business with me and my muddy shoes so I could save $200!!

Oh I'm pretty sure the guy who doesn't like dirty carpets was the owner.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Whoops, wrong thread...
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I do want to send a link to the sale online I found and a little note of 'thanks' for not wanting to do business with me and my muddy shoes so I could save $200!!

I'd do it. Send a polite letter informing him of his error, as well as where you found the item at a better rate (inspired by his generally less-than-professional demeanor on his sales floor).  Money talks, but sometimes it can help to be the guy telling 'em exactly what they did wrong.  Who knows, he might appreciate it and give you a screaming deal on the next thing.......or take out a lawsuit.  Whichever.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the record the owner may not have been aware of the new fangled high tech analog floor covering protective devices I learned about in Firefighter 1 training.

You see, there are these long strips of plastic that can be unrolled over high traffic areas to keep mud, snow, etc. off of the nice carpet.  Of course a nice entry carpet can be very helpful as well.

His refusal to spend a few measeley bucks on a simple runner or two just cost him a $900 sale.

Winning!!

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]
You need to let the store owner know...
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I know I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I didn't send off an email.

Here it is:

Just a quick note for the gentleman who was working
late Saturday morning who did not want to demo the Onkyo receiver I was
interested in buying because he didn't want me or my brother to track dirt in
the store. Never mind the fact that I had $900 cash in my pocket burning a hole,
this individual forced me to go home and research on-line for this particular
product which I found. The savings of $200 buying it online versus at your
business will come in handy at one of your competitors when the time comes to
purchase speakers to go along with my new receiver.

Thanks again!

UBB

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I didn't send off an email.

Here it is:

Just a quick note for the gentleman who was working late Saturday morning who did not want to demo the Onkyo receiver I was interested in buying because he didn't want me or my brother to track dirt in the store. Never mind the fact that I had $900 cash in my pocket burning a hole, this individual forced me to go home and research on-line for this particular product which I found. The savings of $200 buying it online versus at your business will come in handy at one of your competitors when the time comes to purchase speakers to go along with my new receiver.
Thanks again!

UBB

Well done.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Where'd you end up getting it? Newegg?
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

yes

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes

i rarely get anything besides food and other consumables from brick and mortar stores. seems like customer service is dead across the board. online buying is almost always cheaper, and allows for easier research. ended up getting my receiver from Newegg as well (cheap Yamaha).

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You should have said "Nope no mud on my shoes... but I got a little sh*t in my pants.. is that alright?" and proceeded to walk out anyway.

HAAAAAAAAA!!

nice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#17]
update in OP.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Newegg is great with warranty services by the way. Your local store would have been better off not even replying to the email.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Newegg is great with warranty services by the way. Your local store would have been better off not even replying to the email.

I agree. Instead of just being pissed off a little and posting about it on a gun website, I'm sure to tell everyone I know not to shop at that place now. And like I said previously, it's not that big of a town.

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Out him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent sales tactic.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Snip

UPDATE:

"You can’t expect to track mud all over a place of business and not be asked to wipe your feet. Good luck with any warranty issues you may have with your online purchase."  

How difficult does he think it is for you to contact the factory for warranty work?  Do you really need him to do that for you?  Hell, even if you end up fixing it out of your pocket that $200 would go a long way towards the repairs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#23]
This is typical, a audio geek opens up a store but has no socal skills or any idea of how to sell to people. He is sittin in his empty store wondering why he has no business.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

This is typical, a audio geek gun nut opens up a store but has no socal skills or any idea of how to sell to people. He is sittin in his empty store wondering why he has no business.

Fixed for another reality.

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
This is typical, a audio geek gun nut opens up a store but has no socal skills or any idea of how to sell to people. He is sittin in his empty store wondering why he has no business.

"Ham radio store" also works.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Where?  What store?

Edit:  Was it in Fargo?  Cuz if it is where I am thinking, it's a shithole...
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there such a thing? I can't imagine HAM guys braving sunlight or social interactions to find such a place. Well, maybe if there's a Warhammer/LAN place in the strip mall too.

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there such a thing? I can't imagine HAM guys braving sunlight or social interactions to find such a place. Well, maybe if there's a Warhammer/LAN place in the strip mall too.

Dude... One of the biggest stores is in Reynoldsburg!
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I know....just fucking with you. I worked at Radio Shack back when it was actually useful to Ham guys....met more of them than a man should have to meet in the real world.

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I know....just fucking with you. I worked at Radio Shack back when it was actually useful to Ham guys....met more of them than a man should have to meet in the real world.

They leave a stench that only napalm can remove.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 2:18:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

So I went into a local audio/video store today to check out a specific model of a receiver I'm interested in buying. They have the model I was looking for and asked the guy if they have one hooked up so I can check it out.

The guy says he has one running in the show room but stops me and says:  "do you have mud on your shoes? I don't want to have to shampoo my rugs!"

I mean WTF! Hey douchebag your fucking parking lot is  gravel! It's been raining and snowing for like 2 weeks straight so it's a little fucking messy outside, and peoples shoes tend to get a little dirty! It wasn't like mine were caked with mud! I was seriously interested and had $900 cash in my pocket burning a hole in it. But hey thanks for not wanting to make a sale. I found the same model online shipped to my door for $200 less then what you had it priced at. No wonder you had zero customers in your store on a saturday afternoon! I know I'll never set foot in your precious store again fuckstain!

UPDATE:

"You can’t expect to track mud all over a place of business and not be asked to wipe your feet. Good luck with any warranty issues you may have with your online purchase."  

Yeah, except douchebag owner guy never asked us to wipe our feet just basically told us to fuck off!

This is not a very big town, you'd think a business would be a little more concerned about customer service in light of the shit economy and being just one of many places to buy over priced audio equipment.

......So you didn't buy anything from him, but you gave him your E-mail address???

Why???

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 2:29:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

As does "guitar store."

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 2:37:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As does "guitar store."

I've long suspected that many "specialty" stores exist only for the owner to show off his vast personal collection and write off vast amount of taxes as business losses.  I've seen specialty stores that never have any cars in front, never have any customers inside, the personal collection inventory inside covered with years of dust, and yet they somehow stay in business year after year after year.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Face it.

High end Audio shop drones are arrogant pricks. Just another fun aspect of the hobby.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:58:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

As does "guitar store."

I've long suspected that many "specialty" stores exist only for the owner to show off his vast personal collection and write off vast amount of taxes as business losses.  I've seen specialty stores that never have any cars in front, never have any customers inside, the personal collection inventory inside covered with years of dust, and yet they somehow stay in business year after year after year.

And then every once in a while, you run into a dude that just has his shit down so tight that you'd be a fool not to shop at his store.

Annapolis Homebrew is a breath of fresh air, let me just say that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:05:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Where?  What store?

Premier Audio in Bismarck.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

UPDATE:

How difficult does he think it is for you to contact the factory for warranty work?  Do you really need him to do that for you?  Hell, even if you end up fixing it out of your pocket that $200 would go a long way towards the repairs.

Like the Guardian Angel of Rugs was going to be in the back room with jeweler's screwdrivers fixing a stereo receiver, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I worked retail for many years and made some great money doing it. I am shocked at these type of threads. I've ALWAYS been a straight up salesman. Never a nit picking, smarmy sleeze ball sales guy that literally only cared about the sale or commission. I've worked with dozens of shady ass people over the years and now I fucking HATE going into retail type stores because I know what really goes on in there.

Congrats, OP. Buying online is usually a safer bet these days it seems.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Floor tile, he needs to look into it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:32:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Tell him it is nice to know that they intentionally stock crap products for warranty revenue...
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Like the Guardian Angel of Rugs was going to be in the back room with jeweler's screwdrivers fixing a stereo receiver, anyway.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#43]
They always pull that if you buy it online it wount be warriented shit. They preech that banter at dive shops too.

I never had an issue sending anything back to Kenwood or Sony thats for sure. I also never had a warrienty issue with dive gear I didnt buy at a shop either. I think stores who preech that are just grasping at strings trying to save their shitty business from going under.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'd make up some amusing flyers and put them up around town...
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+100

All the Ham Radio Outlet stores I've ever been in had horrible to non-existent customer service.  They pretty much just stand behind the counter and avoid any customer contact.  Can't even be bothered with putting price tags on a lot of the merchandise, either.  You had to drag it up to the front and ask.

Me:  Can I put my HT in that pouch to see if it will fit? (Pouch is on a display behind the counter)

Him:  No

Farking worthless.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Where?  What store?

Premier Audio in Bismarck.

The place by texas roadhouse?  If it is, don't be suprised if one of the sales droids emails you wil some shady investment deal.  They are scum.

A year ago, there were no authorized onkyo dealers in the state.  The place by Roadhouse had the up-branded onkyo different named stuff, but could not sell onkyo.

Edit:  I bought my onkyo receiver from newegg also.  Best deal online.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Some people are just stupid.

We have customers come in during the winter and shit gets filthy on our floor.

Me: Hey folks, welcome, come on in, it is cold out there!

customer's:Sorry our feet are muddy.

Me: Everyone's feet has mud on them, don't worry at all, that's why mops were invented.

People who suck at CS piss me off.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

UPDATE:

how did he get your email?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#49]
WAIT, WAIT, wait.  Hold the phone.  Stop the presses.  Time out.

You have rain where you live?  How does one go about obtaining this substance?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most of the gun stores around me don't even seem to want business.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top