Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 4:48:03 PM EDT
I really wish that this didn't happen in my home state.  [rolleyes]  As you can imagine, the radio morning show jocks had a field day.

[url]http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/news/archive/local_3975566.shtml[/url]

-----(In case the story is removed from the archives or the site is down.)-----

Woman charged in husband’s shooting

By Mike Hoeft
[email protected]

A Green Bay woman who shot her husband in the groin with a shotgun that she apparently thought was unloaded was charged Tuesday in the May 7 incident.

Susan Winkler, 44, will have a preliminary hearing May 31 on a felony charge of first-degree recklessly endangering safety. If convicted, she faces up to five years in prison.

Brian Winkler, 30, was listed in critical condition Tuesday at St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay police said. Police have not been able to interview him because of his condition.

Green Bay police Lt. Bill Galvin said the charge resulted after an interview with Susan Winkler earlier this week.

A criminal complaint said rescuers found Winkler bleeding from a gunshot wound to the groin at 11:40 a.m. May 7 at their home in the 800 block of Howard Street. Winkler was wearing shoes and socks and his pants were down at his ankles.

When asked what happened, Susan Winkler told police, “All I can tell you is that it was an accident.”

She later told police about the incident and that they had done it previously without causing an injury.

She told authorities her husband had her put the shotgun barrel on his scrotum and pull the trigger. She repeated this numerous times on his orders.

During the May 7 incident, Susan Winkler’s girlfriend drove up in the driveway.

“Shoot ’em off before she gets up here,” he told his wife.

Susan Winkler said she didn’t remember the gun was loaded when she pulled the trigger and the gun fired, the complaint said.

Susan Winkler was released on a signature bond Tuesday and ordered to have no contact with Brian Winkler and possess no guns.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me get this straight....was his yoohoo [i]inside[/i] the barrel when it was fired??

I have been known to get kinky, but never that kinky!!

That's gotta hurt!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy who wrote that article has the same last name as me. It's a rare name.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let me get this straight....was his yoohoo [i]inside[/i] the barrel when it was fired??

I have been known to get kinky, but never that kinky!!

That's gotta hurt!

Sgtar15
View Quote
I don't think so.  The article states that he had it "on his scrotum."  Thus, I think he enjoyed having a barrel on his sack.  [%|]

Mike
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Hilarious! 'Takes all kinds, I guess. Where in WI, Prebans?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

City of Milwaukee.  But, not for long...  I've had enough of our tax rate, Chvala, Risser, and how they stopped our CCW.  [pissed]

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Prebans, GB here. i feel the same about our tax situation. I think Chvala and the boys need to step aside on this one. Although, folks around here don't seem too upset with our "leaders". Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#7]
that's definately gonna leave a mark,
though it serves em right for playin with guns like that, be more careful from now on me thinks. [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

City of Milwaukee.  But, not for long...  I've had enough of our tax rate, [red]Chvala, Risser[/red], and how they stopped our CCW.  [pissed]

View Quote

[img]http://www.africana.com/images/tt_pic396.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
"Never point a gun at anything you're not willing to destroy".

Apparently he was willing?

Sorry to butt in, but have some of you seen my BRC thread?
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=117481[/url]  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

City of Milwaukee.  But, not for long...  I've had enough of our tax rate, [red]Chvala, Risser[/red], and how they stopped our CCW.  [pissed]

View Quote

[img]http://www.africana.com/images/tt_pic396.jpg[/img]
View Quote

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I would have lied.  

I would rather say I was cleaning it in the nude and it went off.  [:D]

Sometimes the truth need not be known.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
[i]sigh[/i] [v]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the term bore snake...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably the last, best blow job he'll ever have.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#16]
If not the "best"..certainly the last, probably the FASTEST ever...What? Around 1300 FPS at the muzzle?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
err...ouch...I seem to have lost my train of thought...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top