Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2011 4:47:00 PM EDT
It dawns on me after having been here almost 10 years that we lose many arfcom friends without ever noticing.  My wife wouldn't think to come on here and say "good ole' 10mm assumed room temp. yesterday.  He spent many hours here and just wanted me to say bye for him. "  
Maybe that's not the proper thing to do.  I don't know.  Not sure it really matters.   Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ehh, one of my employees will post about their boss being dead

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
No one, I am an insignificant bystander.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]

SGB or ikor. LazarusLong could do it, but it would be full of errors and flat-out lies about me (and not in a good way).

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
mr_camera_man(my brother in law)
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Sadly, no one would.....
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Nobody would likely know.  I have sporadic contact at best with a few ARFCOMMERs, if somebody caught an obit in the paper maybe one of the NY crew would say something. I have disappeared for months on end here and nobody noticed, doubt anybody would take notice beyond maybe wondering where I was come election season... even then they would likely assume I was bust with a campaign.

As for who I'd want to write my obit... they would have to be the Helldog... Nums to the end
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]

My wife wouldn't bother and nobody here would notice.

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a couple friends that lurk, I'm sure one of them would pipe up....or whoever ended up with my computer would probably get the guns too and thank you guys for influencing my purchases
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like Old Painless to say a few words in my honor
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#12]
well i would hope someone would pipe up.....i mean after all we are all brothers in arms!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No one, I am an insignificant bystander.

Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#14]
nobody
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]
No one. We're on rotating shifts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#16]
With my luck, the first post will be someone shouting: "Dupe!", followed shortly thereafter by System Message.  Which oddly enough, seems like a fitting way to check out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#17]
atf
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
With my luck, the first post will be someone shouting: "Dupe!", followed shortly thereafter by System Message.  Which oddly enough, seems like a fitting way to check out.

Or if the obit were just deleted.  What a way for it all to come to an end.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Guess tomorrow at work I will tell the boss to post on here when I shuffle off this mortal coil....
"The prick died. Need counter help at gun store."
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL, I'm under no delusions anyone here will notice when I experience my very own Personal Extinction Level Event.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#21]
SYSTEM MESSAGE.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I know who I DON'T want to do it... OneShott... He truly hates me now

"Here lies frige... I met him one day,
Learned that he really hated... Monday
He wasn't a mean guy or a fighter,
That guy was just scared to death... of a spider"

Yes.... that is what I envision.

Suck it up,
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 1:53:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Not many can say much good about me, but as long as no-one can say anything bad about me, I am good with that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:09:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I would hope that my wife would.  But if she didn't no one would know that I was gone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:47:24 AM EDT
[#26]
You don't know me, but I know you. I am unknowable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm sure you guys will think up a goodie for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:11:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I plan on living forever.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:12:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Hmmmmm.......
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:29:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I plan on living forever.

Then you shouldn't have turned your back on me son... [queue muffled 9mm double tap, followed by a .45ACP to pleace the masses]
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Piccolo.  I don't know him and he doesn't know me......but it would be funny.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:36:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Probably my brother. He posts on here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:41:21 AM EDT
[#33]
"Agent SnowLeopard, known affectionally as Snowy to her coworkers or Ounce to others, was found dead yesterday in her home. She was 49. She had been absent from work for several days when concerned friends asked the police to do a welfare check on her. Police were unable to achieve an answer and had to break into her fortified home. At first, they could not find the missing "Ounce" but then located her under approximately 720 stuffed animals and collapsed shelf. Despite being completely buried, her two cats, Fred and Samantha, had managed to create tunnels and had consumed her eye balls.

The Cororner was ready to declare the death accidental but several opened, empty arms lockers generated further investigation. In search her home, a patrol man accidently tilted a unicorn puppet, activating a lever and revealing a secret elevator behind her ballet mirror. Descending into a previously unknown cavern, they twenty foot high posters of Playboy Bunny/Playmate Laura Lyons and actress Barbara Bach as she appeared in the movie The Spy That Loved Me, costumes, and other memorabilium, including a pink Lotus Esprit. The car was hauled away to the police labs as that no one wanted to touch it given what they had already seen.

The Cororner has still ruled the death of Ms. Leopard as accidental while the detectives have concluded that associates of an internet list arrived before the police with "dubs" on their mind. The local police department has alerted famous FBI profilers to investigate the cavern, analyze the stuffed animals, and to write up the case history in their next psychiatric journal publication."
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#34]

No obits.

The hound will just quietly pull into the garage.

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nobody would likely know.  I have sporadic contact at best with a few ARFCOMMERs, if somebody caught an obit in the paper maybe one of the NY crew would say something. I have disappeared for months on end here and nobody noticed, doubt anybody would take notice beyond maybe wondering where I was come election season... even then they would likely assume I was bust with a campaign.

As for who I'd want to write my obit... they would have to be the Helldog... Nums to the end

I'm guessing the news article on your death would probably get posted in GD.

As for me, I'm sure the wife would post up.

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#36]
now that i think of it dusty will probably write mine
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 4:19:22 AM EDT
[#37]
I expect no-one would know, my wife would probably want to let "that crazy gun board" know but she wouldn't know where to start.

Maybe a few months later there would be one of those "whatever happened to...." threads and someone might mention my name.

Hmm, time to go change the will to leave everything to "whoever is first to figure out I am dead and posts dibs thread on ar15.com".
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 4:36:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Most likely my brother.

Don't believe any of it, he lies.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 4:40:19 AM EDT
[#39]
A few people are candidates:
Fantomas: "Evan Williams, He sure knew his Malta"
Jarhead_22: "Evan Williams died of bacon poisoning and being a disgusting fat body". (He has met me).
Aimless: "Evan Williams was my nemesis but today I am here to deliver his last system message".

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:04:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing the news article on your death would probably get posted in GD.

Yup.  Kinda like when we hear about a gunman and his arsenal and start a who's missing thread....except in your case it will be a "Man dies during kinky sex" story and your absence will quickly be noticed by your fellow deviants.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#41]

You are receiving a warning against your account for the actions specified below. Warnings are used as a means to alert users when their actions are inappropriate, in violation of usage policies, or conduct code. If you continue to receive warnings, your account will be suspended temporarily or indefinitely. Please contact the staff or moderator who issued the warning if you have any questions.

Admin: [ Aimless ]

Reason:

Dead

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm sure my buddy MMccall would post something abought me face planting in the ground.

Most of my other ARfcom buds have been banned for one reason or another
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

My wife wouldn't bother and nobody here would notice.

Yup.

Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Jefftheother dude. He is the only arfcomer who knows me in person.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm writing my own.

It will likely be completely different from what happened in real life, but I'll be dead and it'll be awesome.

In all reality, probably no one.  My wife MIGHT think of doing it, but she'll probably be busy doing other important things.

My buddy might, but he doesn't post much.

To be honest, if I'm dead... meh.

My post count doesn't need to go any higher.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Likely noone.  One or two folks might notice that I stopped posting but, that's probably about it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Nobody.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd want lumpy196 to do it,I don't know him personally but I bet it would go something like this "Stupid fucker is dead,who gives a fuck?"
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#49]
My wife is a team member, but she would probably be a bit preoccupied.

I'm guessing that I would just disappear with no explanation.
Link Posted: 4/20/2011 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Im not sure arfcom will be around in 60 years.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top