BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 6:42:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
daaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnn
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Think of all the possible uses for home and property defense... Your own Kill Vehicle in geo-synchronous orbit flying high cover... I want one...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
With those control jets, you could just turn in loose in your front yard.

How Much for the one with Camo Furniture??

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
the trick is to destroy the enemy sat without turning it into a massive debris could that will damage/disable friendly space craft.

Space is the next revolution in warfare.

Think about a constellation of 24 sats armed with rail guns and or depleted uranium penetrators. They could give 24/7 coverage to the entire planet and fire support for our troops would be seconds away. The kinetic energy carried by one of those depleted uranium penetrators dubbed 'thunder rods' would be hiroshima like. It could also changed how we look at our strategic forces, with a constellation of said satellites we could launch preemptive non-nuclear strikes against other countries nuclear assests with little to no warning, no defense, and the effect of tactical nuclear weapons with out the political and radioactive fallout. Such a trick might just come in handy someday with the PRC.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder where the now Russian laser program is now ?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wonder where the now Russian laser program is now ?
View Quote

Considering Russia's knack for banging together flight hardware quickly, quietly, and cheaply, I'd have to say it's most likley in orbit [v]

I know that they launched an anti satilite, missile test vehicle in the late 80s equiped with either an automatic cannon or laser of some type. It was launched on the test launch of the Energya HLV. It was disquised as a 'test weight'.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
the trick is to destroy the enemy sat without turning it into a massive debris could that will damage/disable friendly space craft.
View Quote

I remember a show on the Discovery channel in which they were talking about the amount of "stuff" orbiting the Earth. They said that they are tracking 9,000 objects (down to 1 inch in diameter) in orbit. [shock]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]
"Throw rocks at 'em Mike. Damn big rocks!

Righto, Man!"

-The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
  Robert A. Heinlein
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top