Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 5:55:40 AM EDT
Ozzy Osbourne and his family are outraged by Ted Nugent's criticism of The Osbournes TV show. "I think it's an indictment to the soullessness of modern man that we get a kick out of witnessing a magnificent creature reduced to a blithering hopeless idiot,” Nugent was quoted as saying in the New York Post’s Food section.
The quote appeared in an article published Wednesday (May 15) on Nugent’s new book Kill It & Grill It: A Guide To Preparing Wild Game And Fish.
LAUNCH caught up with the Osbournes at a Wednesday (May 15) press conference to announce the June release of The Osbournes Family Album, and we asked rock’s most popular family about Nugent's comments. "Tell him go f--k himself!" railed Ozzy's wife Sharon Osbourne. "Tell him to go back into the f--king sausage factory!…F--king a--hole!"

Son Jack Osbourne blurted out, "He’s hardly a god right now. He’s got nothing better to do than to hunt an animal in a forest with a bow and arrow.” Daughter Kelly chimed in, “That’s just jealous people right there.”

Ozzy took a more even-keeled stance, saying, "I seem to remember a few years ago…I’ve known Ted Nugent for a long time and Ted, when I was doing the cameo part for the Howard Stern film and Ted Nugent came up to me and said, 'I’ve got a ton of riffs right up your alley, Ozzy. We should get together and write some songs.' You know what a lot of it is? Jealousy."

Sharon chimed in, "Well, he better not f--king meet me."

Sharon was so perturbed about Nugent that she even derailed her answer to the next press question, when she spouted, "I’m going to cut his d--k off.”

Ozzy then tried to calm her down, saying, “Forget it--don’t even go there. He probably hasn’t got one anyway."

Ozzy went on, "You know what, my life has been full of sticks and stones. People have been throwing sticks and stones at me since I’ve been going, and if Ted Nugent has an opinion, fine. I don’t agree…with the way he goes out and kills wildlife for no reason at all when you can go to a…I don’t spout off about him. I respect him very dearly as a musician. He’s a great guitar player. He’s a good fellow musician. He has an opinion. Fine.”

Sharon quickly and matter-of-factly interjected, “F--k him.”

Nugent was unavailable for comment at press time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t agree…with the way he goes out and kills wildlife for no reason at all when you can go to a…
View Quote

Hmmm...  Lets finish this hypocritical statement, shall we..?

I don’t agree with the way he goes out and kills wildlife for no reason at all when you can go to a [red]place where somebody else has already killed it for you.[/red]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Hummmmm... I think a poll is in order here...

Ozzy or Ted...  When it comes to music, I'm into both, all the CD's from both are present and accounted for...

When it comes to 'lifestyle', I have to agree with what Ted said on Fox News (Fox and Friends) earlier this week regarding Ozzy...

'Everyone loves to watch a train wreck, we just don't want to be in it'... ( or something close to that)

And I much prefer Ted's choice in women as opposed to Ozzy's... [;)]  Ted's wife is a real class act.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone familiar with Ted, knows he puts a high regard in traditional family values, and points this out a lot when talking about 'whats wrong with America today", he futhers this with his "Kamp for Kids" program and his anti-drug messages. Now compare that to Ozzie, the man is a poster child for Drug Awarness, his family is funny to watch on TV but is it the kind of family that teaches any social values ?  Heres Teds take:
If your kid spends more than 30 minutes a day in front of the TV set, watching programs or playing zombie inducing video games, you are asking for trouble. If you can't remember the last Saturday you took the family to a wild place, early and long, you are asking for trouble. If you can't talk with your kids because they have headphones glued to their ears, you are out of their loop, and may I dare say, a failing parent. If you don't have quality time discussing the little things in your lives together at the dinner table each night, you are missing out on one of the most powerful opportunities to connect that there is in life.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Tough call. Music wise, it's Ozzy all the way. Not that I don't like the Riffs.....but I've always been a more NWOBHM style music fan...messagewise, the nod definitely goes to Ted. Ozzy's still got too much of that Brit-based idiocy going on, nor does he really give a shit. Ted at least seems to care.

The one problem I have with Ted's philosophy is...well, actually it's tough to explain. But this quote kinda touches on it:

Quoted:
If your kid spends more than 30 minutes a day in front of the TV set, watching programs or playing zombie inducing video games, you are asking for trouble. If you can't remember the last Saturday you took the family to a wild place, early and long, you are asking for trouble.
View Quote

Well, I usually spent several hours a day in front of the computer, played a ton of video games, and didn't get into the 'wilds' except once a month with the Boy Scouts...so yeah, I guess their son making close to $60k right out of college as a programmer, having managed to not do drugs, not become a drunk, not kill anybody, and become a somewhat productive member of society is their version of 'asking for trouble'.

I read God, Guns, and Rock and Roll a few months ago, and while I liked it, I'm not going to pick it up again. Good message, but I just  don't agree that I'm one step below a gun grabbing liberal wuss...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I love watching the Osbourns!!! It is the funniest TV show I have seen in a long time. But I do think that Ted was outa place by calling him a "blithering hopeless idiot." All the show shows is the Osbourns every day life and we just think it is so funny because this is the house of some rich rocker and he has the same problems as most of us. Dogs crappin on the floor, kids drinkin and tring drugs, dirty house, crappy neighbors what ever. On the other hand Nugent rules and I love reading his stories and watching his hunting videos.

Diesel
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Diesel, the Osbourne's is a funny show and I enjoy watching it.  

But if someone gave me the chance to spend a weekend with Ozzy and his family, or Ted and his family, I'd be on a plane to Michigan in a heartbeat.  At the Osbourne house, you could watch them fight, swear at each other, and listen to the completely incoherent ramblings of the Oz-man himself.  For dinner, they'll serve a ham with mold growing on it, unless they've thrown it over the fence at their neighbor already.

At Ted's, you'd probably get to shoot and hunt with Ted, have conversations with his family and actually be able to understand what they're saying, and have a tasty bit o' fresh backstrap for dinner.

Not a tough choice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#7]
music wise, they both kick ass...but interview wise...well, I can't stand more than 30 seconds of Ozzie...my $.02
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Ted, hands down.

I kinda like Ozzy and all. The show is funnier than hell. If it come down to choosing one or the other, though, I'd take Ted every time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Phuck that limey bitch.  I guess it is more humane to just bite the animal's head off than shoot it with an arrow.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#10]
In my opinion, Ted is a genius, Ozzy is a stumbling old stoner.

It's a lot of fun to watch Ozzy try to figure out just exactly what the hell is going on around him but that's about it. Sooner or later people will get tired of listening to him and his family telling everyone to f**k off and that will be the end of them and their freak show.

Ted on the other hand can carry on an intelligent conversation and give a well thought out opinion on most subjects. You may not like what he says but at least you'll be able to understand it.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Ozzy vs Ted? C'mon that is a freakshow compared to a human being.

Ted is a national spokesperson for DARE and runs his own Kamp for Kids in three different states. He is a family man and loves his kids and takes care of them. He also loves and supports family values and lifestyle. He is on the board of directors of many charitable and civic organizations and is an NRA director.

What good has Ozzy ever done in his life? He sings some songs. Take a look at the Motley Crue book "The Dirt" for a peek at Ozzy so messed up he licked up urine and snorted ants while wearing a stolen sun dress on one occasion. Even Motley Crue had to admit at that point no matter what they did Ozzy would always be sicker than they could ever be.

I have met Ted Nugent many times and he is an honest to god good guy and inspriation to famlies and shooters.

Who would vouch for Ozzy?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Musically, I don't really listen to either of them.  Heard some of Ozzy's more recent stuff on the radio at the gym the other day and thought it was simply pathetic.  I don't listen to Ted's music either, but I have one hell of a lot more respect for the man.  I do enjoy watching the Osbournes, but its just as Ted called it - its the same sort of attraction as watching a train wreck.  Ozzy looks like hell for a 53 year old man (my 87 year old grandfather isn't as feeble as Ozzy), and the years of heavy drug use hase seriously dulled his mental capabilities.  Anyone who can't see that just isn't paying attention.  Now, Ozzy's lifestyle is coming back to bite him in the ass as he raises his kids.  They're spoiled, foul-mouthed little monsters that don't know the meaning of respect or discipline.  I certainly wouldn't want them for neighbors, though I'm content to watch the chaotic spectacle and mellodrama from the safe distance of my television.  I'm sure Ted's kids are nothing like that though.  Ted is the kind of guy I'd love to have as a neighbor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Naturally this whole thing is most likely taken out of context anyway.  Ted made a similar comment about Ozzy on Hannity's radio show.  He also followed up saying he likes Ozzy and likes his music as well as respecting him and his family.  His point was that he is a perfect example of why the fu#k anyone would do drugs.  Look at the guy, he is burnt out.  Ozzy was a good musician, like his stuff or not, now he can barely hold a sentence together long enough to spit it out his mouth and it is sad.  Ozzy is handicapped and it is his own foolish fault.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#14]
And I thought this was going to be about the Nelsons and Kennedys. Mary Jo lives!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Now this would be a celebrity boxing match I would watch.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Ted, without a shadow of a doubt. Haven't watched a single episode of the Osborns. Have zero interest in it. I don't by any means think Ted is a god, but the U.S.-if not the world, would be a better place with more like him.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Ozzy gets my vote for music.  
Ted gets my vote for prolly just about everything else LOL!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don’t agree…with the way he goes out and kills wildlife for no reason at all when you can go to a…
View Quote

Hmmm...  Lets finish this hypocritical statement, shall we..?

I don’t agree with the way he goes out and kills wildlife for no reason at all when you can go to a [red]place where somebody else has already killed it for you.[/red]
View Quote

OR

I don’t agree with the way he goes out and kills wildlife for no reason at all when you can go [red]on stage and simply bite the head off the things.[/red]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#20]

[b]* * * OZZY, STOP F@CKING YOUR CHILDREN AND GO F@CK A DOG!! * * *

Ozzy Osbourne is no-talent, degenerate, mentally-retarded, imbecilic, blabbering waste of human goo.

Ozzy staggers around his house, the streets and the stage like he just to clobbered in the head with a cinder block.

He stumbles around life muttering unintelligible profanities nonstop like some over-medicated, electroshocked retard in a mental ward - a behavior constantly being aped by his inbred, chromosomally-challenged children, all to nary a bat of the eye response from that shell-shocked, nitwit wife of his.

Ozzy makes the village idiot of Aintry Georgia look like the president of Mensa USA. If you drained an overfilled septic tank, added gelatin and cast it into a human-sized mold, you'd have Ozzy Osbourne.

Ozzy can do nothing but shuffle, babble and swear all the while wearing nothing short of anencephalic facial expressions and HE is regarded as a "role model"?? WTF??

Ozzy is living proof that given enough attention, a full jug of human afterbirth can survive.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Ozzy is a permanent "just say no to drugs" public service announcement. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Kill It & Grill It: A Guide To Preparing Wild Game And Fish.
By Ted & Shemane Nugent

Page 131.

Nutless Osbourne Fritters.

Serves 80.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Hello all,

This is second hand but I'll throw it in anyway.  My brother used to live outside of Jackson, MI not too far from Ted and he said that everyone in town always complained about him.  People would drive up to do some work at his house and he would shoot at them because they drove a Chevy not a Ford.  He would also bring in wild game to his "ranch" and essentially shoot it right out of the cages.  Stuff like that.

Ozzy is the better rocker.  His dysfunctional family is probably not that much different than the average persons.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hello all,

This is second hand but I'll throw it in anyway.  My brother used to live outside of Jackson, MI not too far from Ted and he said that everyone in town always complained about him.  People would drive up to do some work at his house and he would shoot at them because they drove a Chevy not a Ford.  He would also bring in wild game to his "ranch" and essentially shoot it right out of the cages.  Stuff like that.

Ozzy is the better rocker.  His dysfunctional family is probably not that much different than the average persons.

View Quote

WOW!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Say-f@cking WHAT?!

Unbef@ckinlievable!!

Do you f@ckin even watch that f@ckin show?  What f@ckin hell-hole neighbors do you f@ckin have to f@ckin think that f@ckin inbred house of f@ckin morons is anything even f@ckin REMOTELY resembling a f@ckin "average" f@ckin family?!? [%|]

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Say-f@cking WHAT?!

Unbef@ckinlievable!!

Do you f@ckin even watch that f@ckin show?  What f@ckin hell-hole neighbors do you f@ckin have to f@ckin think that f@ckin inbred house of f@ckin morons is anything even f@ckin REMOTELY resembling a f@ckin "average" f@ckin family?!? [%|]

View Quote

Macallan,

I didn't know you were a writer for the show?

[;)]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#27]
rdrr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top