Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 4:40:51 AM EDT
Ok Wisconsinites.   Who is and is not going to the BRC?  When are you leaving, and how long are you staying?  I would like to caravan from Madisonish to the BRC Friday evening.
If I cannot hook up with anyone, I am still going.  I was also wondering if any Wisconsinites planned on camping.  If so, can we arrange for us to be camped in a group?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Beekeeper:  Polkas and beer?  How about rock and roll, whiskey, and really hot hookers?
I know, I know, it's a family event!  JUST KIDDING!

Well, at least kidding about the hookers.....[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#3]
all the cops up here in wisconsin are on a major power trip and they think they can do what ever they want!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to go but it's not going to happen.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
all the cops up here in wisconsin are on a major power trip and they think they can do what ever they want!
View Quote

This has been my experience here as well. I was stopped for "weaving in the lane" once (despite the fact that the wind was damn near blowing everyone off of the road) and the first thing the dude said when he walked up to the window was "Do you have any firearms in the vehicle". Not even a good evening. I wonder if my many pro-gun bumper stickers had anything to do with it. I went home that night and took them all off.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a question for Wisconsinites. What is the problem with the state police up there? My friend was pulled over because he had a FOP sticker in the back window of his van. The officer told him it was probable cause to stop him and search his vehicle for firearms. The police are no better than anyone else, but I'm thinking that if a fellow officer gives out this much grief to the police, he must really be a hard ass on the general public.  Did they revoke the 2nd amendment up there?
View Quote

Probable cause means nothing if you refuse he cannot do a thing about it.  Just say like "NO"

As to the BRC I see you there...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've spend quite a few years in WI and I would have to agree.
As a passenger in Appleton WI:
I once had the secondary officer lunge into the car though the passenger window during a routine traffic stop. The driver had been asked to exit the car and was behind the vehicle with the primary officer. In a self-protective reaction to his tweaked superman; I pinned his stupid-ass up against the dash and front windshield of the Chevy Beretta with my left forearm. My right hand held his left wrist and he started going for his weapon with his right hand. I pressed harder and words were exchanged.
After I yelled that I had meant him no threat, I released him and he exited like a worm. The primary officer was then by the passenger window, hand on sidearm.
Still in a emotional panic, he yelled that I was going for a "weapon" in the center counsel of the car. I wanted to call the driver's sister to tell her we would be late.

He never instructed me to keep my hands idle or on the dash. Nothing up to that event caused any friction between me and the young officer.

Very unprofessional.

He instructed me to leave the vechicle and stuffed me into the squad. Once in the back, I refused to reply to his incorherent rantings how I could have been shot and that I threatened him. The primary officer went back to attend with the traffic stop.

After the driver was allowed to get back into the vehicle, the primary officer asked me what happened. The dumb officer starting ranting that I was being uncoopertive and ignoreing his inquiries. She told him to be quiet and that she would handle it. I explained the whole ordeal to her in detail. I tried to be very consise without using deroggatory remarks towards the other officer.
She actually apologised to me for his actions and I was left to leave.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Troopers here are so freaking gung ho it's almost insane.  This means that the professional ones are VERY, EXTREMELY professional.  It's actually kind of cool.  However, the loose cannons are really gung ho about being a loose cannon.

Where were you pulled over?  There is a Trooper in the Jefferson County area that is a complete ass.  He gave me a literally frothy mouthed rant one time that only cops should have guns with his hand on his pistol the whole time.  I had a cased shotgun in the back seat.  They normally ask you to exit the vehicle if a weapon is present (all agencies), I think he was hoping I would make a move for it.  Another time I was getting gas, and asked for directions to a back road that I knew but had forgotten over time.  I needed to find it because of a detour that went miles in the wrong direction and I had to be at work.  The Trooper was filling up his squad car, he just looked at me with undisguised disgust on his face, and leered "don't you know how to read?  The detour is plainly marked".

I wanted to report him so bad, but I drive all the big highways in the area constantly, and payback would really be a bitch.  Not to turn it into a bashing thread, but I am honestly afraid of this guy.  He is a tru fu**ing a**hole.  I don't think he would hesitate to "find" contraband in my vehicle (after putting me in the squad of course).

BRC=  I take it this means that
1.  Nobody is interested in camping together
and
2.  Nobody is interested in forming up for the drive?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think I'll be oing because I'm leaving the state.  Even if it's going on when I'll still be around, I need to save for moving expenses.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
i like to stay way up north if possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top