Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 7:51:51 PM EDT
Anyone seen this one? A family from LA is vacationing in the mountains when a nuclear war takes place. They have to try and survive on what they can buy until the nation re-stabilizes...

Watched it today. Was okay.

Scott

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw it too, very good for a movie that old, what year was it made?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It was released in 1962.

Cast: Ray Milland, Frankie Avalon, Jean Hagen, Mary Mitchel, Joan Freeman, Richard Garland

Running Time: 1 hr 35 mins
Distributor: Metromedia Home Video
Summary:
A nuclear attack leaves Los Angeles in chaos and ignites panic throughout the city. Trying to escape the disaster, a family heads for their usual vacation spot only to encounter a group of hoodlums along the way.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
"Panic in Year Zero" starring Ray Milland and I think was directed by him also. Also had Frankie Avalon [anybody remember him?]. I think it was 62 maybe a bit earlier. I've seen it over the years many times. Always liked how important the guns became almost instantly. And the the honesty and civility that the family tried to maintain.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw that a LOOOONG time ago.  Not a bad movie.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I forgot the IMDb link:

[url]http://us.imdb.com/Title?0056331[/url]

Scott

P.S. It [b]was[/b] directed by Ray Milland...

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahhh, Ray Milland...The Thing With Two Heads...with Rosie Greer...a classic.

Proof in the pudding that sooner or later...everybody gats to pay their bills.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it on video. It's a real good SHTF movie.
The dad knew what to do and took charge, unlike those weenies in Trigger Effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top