Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 5:09:10 PM EDT
I hope someone else hasn't already posted this already somewhere, but anyway CNN reported this evening that the truck that was stolen and carrying the cyanide has been found. There is a problem though.....76 of the 96 barrels of cyanide were missing. That leads me to believe that whoever took it knew what they were getting. If I'm not mistaken, it was located just north of where it was stolen. So who knows who these people are and what they are doing? Looks as if they may have a sinister plot regardless of who they are.

Another story reported this morning that makes me a bit uneasy was a delivery truck stolen in Kansas City. The truck was found later, but there had been several airport worker uniforms stolen.

Let's see, 25 Islamic terrorists enter the country with cargo on ships.....a load of cyanide is stolen....and someone steals airport worker uniforms. I am no expert but it sounds as if someone is planning some more multiple strikes. I hope this time our nation is ready and another Sept 11 or worse is prevented.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm ready!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Used properly, we are looking at "or worse". Remember Union Carbide killed more Indians than Custer with a cyanide gas leak in Bhopal...

Scott

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You would think the media would make this their top story.  Instead of trying to blame Bush for the Sept 11 attacks because he was told that Bin Laden wanted to hijack planes.  Threats against the US come in on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]

You would think the media would make this their top story. Instead of trying to blame Bush for the Sept 11 attacks because he was told that Bin Laden wanted to hijack planes. Threats against the US come in on a daily basis.

View Quote

That bullshit is just the Democrats trying to save their own ass. I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Uh, do those jackos still think it's not terror related?

What would the average highway bandit want with 76 barrels of this cyanide stuff?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]"76 of the 96 barrels of cyanide were missing."[/b]

That's a lot of cyanide! Is there any use for it in the manufacture of illicit drugs? Can't imagine even a drug dealer needing that much...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[b]"76 of the 96 barrels of cyanide were missing."[/b]

That's a lot of cyanide! Is there any use for it in the manufacture of illicit drugs? Can't imagine even a drug dealer needing that much...
View Quote

heavily used by mining industry for ore extraction and for other metallurical processes. i don't think it has any place in drug manufacturing. and i'd be curious to know if there's even a realistic black market for the stuff. but considering the theft was in mexico, anything could be possible.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
[i][b]Authorities Looking Into Fertilizer Thefts in Southwest Florida[/b]
[url=http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGAXYEHT81D.html]The Associated Press[/url]
Published: May 15, 2002

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have been investigating a string of alleged thefts of up to $500,000 worth of fertilizer from farms in southwest Florida.

State and local investigators did not immediately disclose if the fertilizer was the type used to make bombs, said John Wilson, director of Lee County Emergency Management.

Authorities believe all of the fertilizer was stolen between February 2001 and May 1.

A report from the Lee County Sheriff's Office said $80,000 worth of fertilizer was stolen from Farm Op in Estero. A quarterly inventory also found similar thefts from Six L's Farms in Naples, LaBelle and Manatee County. The stolen goods may total up to $500,000, according to the reports.

"Any time people start stealing fertilizer, it brings the antenna up a littler higher," said Wilson.

Some types of fertilizer such as anhydrous ammonia also can be used to make methamphetamines.[/i]

(Not mentioned in this story is that fertilizer supposedly can also be used with cyanide to make explosives)
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Skibane for posting that story...I hadn't heard anything about that. This IMHO is even more glaringly obvious that something is about to happen than the evidence prior to 9/11 suggested. Too much has been going on to point toward this threat. Why the media continues to put these stories on the back burner is beyond me. Anyone with a pulse could recognize this is all too much of a coincidence. I heard a brief news report saying the theft of the airport worker uniforms may have nothing to do with potential hijackers! What the hell are they going to do with them? Sell em on the blackmarket! Good grief, these people are never gonna learn.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#11]
From: http://www.news12.com/CDA/Articles/View/0,,11-11-40866,00.html

Several quarantined in Yonkers
(05/16/02) YONKERS - Mayor John Spencer stated that the situation is under control and that it is not an airborne contaminant.

Officials believe that cyanide gas or another poison may have been consumed by residents in a fourth floor apartment at 223 Nepperhan Avenue in Yonkers.

Several blocks in the area remain quarantined.

St. Joseph's Medical Center in Yonkers has been closed. The entire community surrounding 223 Nepperhan Avenue and Elm Street has been closed.

Two people, who aided the victims from the building, have been transported to the hospital for testing.

Two victims are said to be in serious condition and are on life support at St. Joseph's Hospital.

The incident occurred around 7:30 p.m

Stay tuned to News 12 Westchester for continuing live coverage and Chopper 12 footage.

[url]javascript:MM_openBrWindow('/CDA/Video/Transcation/1,2881,11-11-40866,00.html','vidwindow2','width=580,height=430,screenx=0,screeny=0')[/url]

[b][red][i]Libertas an Mortis!![/b][/red][/i]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#12]
[url=http://www.FreeRepublic.com/focus/news/684590/posts?q=1&&page=1#1]Link[/url] to FreeRepublic thread on Yonkers cyanide story
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#13]
[url]http://www.news12.com/CDA/Articles/View/0,,11-11-40866,00.html[/url]

That is the Yonkers story straight from Channel 12 news in New York. They are saying it looks like a poison, maybe even cyanide. And it is being treated as a crime. CNN has finally put a one sentence report of this on their scroller at the bottom of the screen! Why don't they break in and cover this story so people can be prepared just in case this is terrorism? Geez.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think its time we bombard all of afghanistan with gamma radiation.
View Quote

I think you mean Mecca.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top