Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 7:52:21 AM EDT
Well, ya'll have seen the pics of the 24" custom that Lauer's camo-coated for me...  Since mine looked so damn good, Grin_N_Barrett decided to have those guys re-finish his 16" Bushy.  It arrived yesterday afternoon and was sitting in my office waiting to be opened and fondled this morning.

Once again, the finite detail of the work is astonishing to say the least...  Grin has been considering having his Barrett 82A1 re-finished, and thus my suggestion to him is to use this exact same pattern, for a matching set of battle weapons!

While I really love the "Urban Camo" look of my 24", I'm personally torn between which finish looks better...

[img]www.castle-arms.com/lauer/bm-1.jpg[/img]

[img]www.castle-arms.com/lauer/bm-2.jpg[/img]

and mine...

[img]http://www.castle-arms.com/pix/lauer-yard.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!

I want to have my Mossberg 590A1 done up in the Urban Camo! I won't have the $$$ in time for the BRC though.
[:(]

Nice work Lauer Custom!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]
No pics......
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Our hosting company is really sporadic today, due to a ATT glitch, so the pics may or may not show up...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
They are bringing everything to BRC to do refinishing on the spot.  If you have something for them to do & you are coming....bring it along.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]
There's no doubt that they do Outstanding work!  I just can't afford to give any of my weapons new "paint jobs".  

BEAUTIFUL!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#8]
If you go to "Information" then "Links", look under "Pistolsmithing & Refinishing Links". I did that litle section about 3 or so months ago.

[:)]...or just click on this...
[url]http://www.lauerweaponry.com[/url]

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They are bringing everything to BRC to do refinishing on the spot.  If you have something for them to do & you are coming....bring it along.

View Quote

How long does the process of refinishing take?
Will they be able to do any other patterns that aren't listed on their web site?
I was looking at the latest issue of Small Arms Review and saw German Desert Fleck, that would be unique!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Wave, I was told that they can do just about anything you can imagine...  but with creative finishing, comes creative pricing!  [B)]

We will definately have more weapons finished by these guys... because the only thing better than a highly accurate rifle, is a really pretty one! [^]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#12]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got an OLD S&W model 57 that I bought new about 18 years ago.  I've taken a bunch of whitetail deer with it, and it's really showing the wear - including a pencil-eraser size, fairly deep rust spot on one side of the barrel.  Any idea what they would charge to refinish it?  It's got the 8 3/8" barrel.  I've wanted to have it re-blued, but a late fall camo pattern would be really cool!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got an OLD S&W model 57 that I bought new about 18 years ago.  I've taken a bunch of whitetail deer with it, and it's really showing the wear - including a pencil-eraser size, fairly deep rust spot on one side of the barrel.  Any idea what they would charge to refinish it?  It's got the 8 3/8" barrel.  I've wanted to have it re-blued, but a late fall camo pattern would be really cool!
View Quote

Sort of like this?

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Chokey/ColtAnaconda.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#15]
btt
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sort of like this?

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Chokey/ColtAnaconda.jpg[/img]
View Quote

YES! Sorta, anyways.  I wouldn't want any green in it at all.  Nothing is green in Ohio come deer gun season. Black, browns & grays would be cool as heck though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top