Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 3:47:34 AM EDT
I know.  Ever wonder why high caps for pistols like the P99 or the USP still keep popping up?  Why Glock mags though expensive seem to stay around?  I overheard a conversation between two dealers at a recent gunshow.  This fellow claims that he has a buddy that works for an undisclosed international marketing firm.  He makes frequent trips to Europe and has befriended several dealers/distributors in Germany/Austria.  He claims that he buys magazines in quantity and ships them either through Australia or Japan to get here.  None of the magazines have dates stamped on them and the Europeans certainly could give a rats ass about our laws.  I was allways curious as to why I kept seeing those rare mags. Hmmmm.....  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:07:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Whatever works.  

Disclaimer- Of course there's the possibility that the Euro's mag production techniques are way ahead of their time.  That said, they probably have about 5 million more PREBAN mags to ship over for us.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#2]
For the p99 at least...

I know the mag bodies, follower, and spring are the same for the p99 as the p88 compact. The floorplates are different, but you can use a p88 compact mag in a p99, but the floorplate dosen't fit the butt of the grip very well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard that many manufacturers pumped out hundreds of thousands of magazine bodies before the ban went into effect.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Intentional over production BEFORE the ban went into effect , they've been slowly trickling them from warehouses here in the states , most of their warehouses are in the international distrixcts in NY ,San Fran , Portland shipping ports .
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
whatever floats the boat
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
The Mag Fairy!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's see... could it be... SATAN?

Joking aside, there are many problems with the current law.

Who is bringing in all these mags, you ask rhetorically?

Could it be organized criminals?

If the law is not changed, these mags could be a real problem for the law-abiding, as we might have to prove the mags we have are legal for us to possess. If corrupt Federal judges decide that this impossible to prove, well you can imagine...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's face facts.

Money talks, B.S walks.

You can bring in tons of coke and such into the country, you tellin me someone is not willing to take the risk for the gain?  

Risk is less that drugs. Once accross the boarder, its home free.

Example, some cop pulls a truck over in BFE illinois with dope, they are going to jail.

Truck filled with mags?  He's going to ask you how much for a couple.

No marks, no trouble really.

Also, look at all of these brand new Ak and such mags.  
You tellin me some third world shithole is not going to forget to mark them, for say double the profit?

If I can buy something for $15 or so, then wholesale it for $50, why not?
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Whoever you are, keep up the good work[;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
And the problem with this is...?

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And the problem with this is...?
View Quote

Quoted:
If the law is not changed, these mags could be a real problem for the law-abiding, as we might have to prove the mags we have are legal for us to possess. If corrupt Federal judges decide that this impossible to prove, well you can imagine...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#12]
The founding fathers were about free enterprise and capitalism. I believe that they and Walter Willaims would support such actions.

I do.

Dave S

Oh, if you are wondering about my thoughts on the Patriot Act and Homeland Defense and even GW(as of not so lately).  Well, the Col. in Legends of the Fall said it best...........
SSCHQRRUEHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top