Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 3:40:35 AM EDT
and so it goes ..........

Wednesday, May 15, 2002

The Animal Protection Institute recently circulated a press release calling for an end to the 74-year-old Caleveras Count Fair and Jumping Frog Jubilee which is scheduled to take place this weekend in Angels Camp, California.
The frog jump competition was started in the 1920s hand attracts hundreds of participants who compete for the $5,000 grand prize. In a sample letter distributed with its press release, API writes that,

Like circuses, cockfighting, and greyhound racing, frog jumping promotes the message that animals exist purely to entertain us.
API also describes the conditions under which the frogs are kept in boxes prior to the event as "certainly cruel and inhumane."

Source:

Help stop cruel "frog-jumping" contests. Animal Protection Institute, Press Release, May 13, 2002.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Like circuses, cockfighting, and greyhound racing, frog jumping promotes the message that animals exist purely to entertain us.
View Quote

No, but it sure sounds like Kommifornia exists solely to entertain the "real" states of the "UNION" with it's utter stupidity.

When I was in grade school, we had a frog jumping contest to raise $$$$.  Never did I imagine back then that what I was partaking in was cruel and inhumane.  Shame on that catholic school!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top