Page / 4
Posted: 4/8/2011 10:18:52 AM EDT
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-five-guys-20110408,0,7319175.story

"East Coast burger chain Five Guys is moving aggressively into
Southern California. Some say that despite intense customer loyalty,
In-N-Out should worry."
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Five guys is a decent burger, but really doesn't have enough of a menu to really push people out of business.

I like Smashburger better.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Not with their prices....... . I mean its good but $20 for myself and daughter to eat a hamburger & hot dog.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like five guys burgers but I don't go there very often. It is kinda spendy. I have never been to an in-n-out but they do have a lot of followers here so I doubt they are in much trouble.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen video of five guys taking over an in and out. That was one busy chick with a talent for multitasking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Five guys is a decent burger, but really doesn't have enough of a menu to really push people out of business.

I like Smashburger better.

+1 on Smashburger

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#6]
There is almost no Kool-Aid as strong as In N Out Kool-Aid.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Now way!!!! I mean seriously?  How fricking gay is that?

I would rather have a nice in and out with a chick than have 5 guys pile on me.  What the hell kind of question is this?

5 dudes or a nice in and out with a chick?

What has GD turned into?
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
In-N-Out isn't all that great in my opinion. They are OK. MY biggest beef with them is that they refuse to stock mayo. I have been to two different restaurants here and neither had or would put it on my burger. It's not like going to a restaurant and asking that they use 'Dillo Dust with my order. Mayo is a pretty damn common condiment. I won't go back. I haven't been to Five Guys.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-five-guys-20110408,0,7319175.story

"East Coast burger chain Five Guys is moving aggressively into Southern California. Some say that despite intense customer loyalty, In-N-Out should worry."

If there's any place that five guys would be more preferable to a little in-n-out, it's California.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#10]
whataburger makes both those other chains taste like crap
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've seen video of five guys taking over an in and out. That was one busy chick with a talent for multitasking.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I think five guys has a better burger but I love animal style at in and out.  I wish we had them here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#13]
5 Guys' cajun seasoned fries ftmfw

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#14]
None of the burger chain joints are great, NONE OF EM.

If Five Guys opens more feeding holes than In N Out so what.. (McDonalds has more than both and its not stopping either of them)
I tried five guys once... that was enough for me, it thought SUCKED, maybe it was just the location .. I don't know but it was like Wendy's if they took longer and didn't have a drive through.
In N Out, I like them more than other burger joints, but thats really not saying a lot anyway.
The only good places to get burgers are not chains (esp not burger chains), if you live somewhere that this is not the case, that sucks for you.

There was a bar down the street from a place I lived that had real burgers, I used to just pick one up from them every time I wanted a burger.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Five guys would take over Mcdonalds if their prices were reasonable
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Five Guys is too expensive.  In-N-Out is half the price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not with their prices....... . I mean its good but $20 for myself and daughter to eat a hamburger & hot dog.....

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#18]
No way. In/Out is better than sex.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We have Whataburger here now, but I haven't tried it yet.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOLY crap ATF you owe me new nostrils from the SCORCHING hot coffee that shot out them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This makes me sad for you and your partner.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Five Guys is too expensive. In-N-Out is half the price.

And this is why they have nothing to worry about.

You can get a #1 with drink for $6.

John
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Hell no Five Guys mess and grease, no thanks. I'll take Double-Double goodness anytime.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I was thinking about going to In N Out for lunch today but I notice that a 5 Guys just opened nearby. I wanna check it out but it would cost over $10 when I can spend $6 at In N Out. Hmmm....
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Neither beats a Whataburger !!
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You must have had some terrible whoopie, my friend.

The only thing that isn't better than In/Out is perhaps cockroach shit.  And that's even debatable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nah.  Whataburger has gone terrificly down hill in the last decade or so.
I won't eat there anymore.

Carl's Junior (Hardees back east) OTOH...mmmmm.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Bitches don't know about my quacamole bacon burger.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#30]
in-n-out > all others
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#31]
IN N OUT FTMFW!
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Weird...Five Guys started here in Northern Virginia and in the last year I've seen more of them close shop than open up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have Whataburger here now, but I haven't tried it yet.

Whataburger for the win

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok I decided to give them a shot.

Pros:
Bacon.
Lots of bacon.
Good bacon not that floppy, soggy fast food crap.
Did I say bacon?
More menu options than In N Out
More burger condiments than In N Out
Dare I say it is a better burger than In N Out?

Cons:
Expensive
Even busier than In N Out which is really saying something. Might have to do with it only being open for a month though.

I got the Little Bacon Cheeseburger which is the single instead of the double, a regular cajun fry, and a large drink and it ran me almost $11. Now the regular fry is friggin huge making it pointless to ever get a large(I ended up splitting one with the guy I went with) but I'd much rather save a buck and get a smaller fry. If they could get what I ordered down to $8 it would be worth it over In N Out. As it stands, it won't be replacing In N Out for me. I can see it splitting duty with Red Robin though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#35]
As a born and bred In-n-Out loyalist, I have eaten at Five Guys numerous times and have never, ever left satisfied.  Huge burger =/= good burger.

Smashburger is so-so also.

In-n-Out isn't going anywhere.

Quoted:

In-N-Out isn't all that great in my opinion. They are OK. MY biggest
beef with them is that they refuse to stock mayo. I have been to two
different restaurants here and neither had or would put it on my burger.
It's not like going to a restaurant and asking that they use 'Dillo
Dust with my order. Mayo is a pretty damn common condiment. I won't go back. I haven't been to Five Guys.  

That's because mayo on a burger is absofuckinglutely disgusting.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I've never eaten at either place. I'd like to try In n out though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I love In-N-Out...and have never had a Five Guys Burger.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What you did there, I seen it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

As a born and bred In-n-Out loyalist, I have eaten at Five Guys numerous times and have never, ever left satisfied.  Huge burger =/= good burger.

Quoted:

In-N-Out isn't all that great in my opinion. They are OK. MY biggest beef with them is that they refuse to stock mayo. I have been to two different restaurants here and neither had or would put it on my burger. It's not like going to a restaurant and asking that they use 'Dillo Dust with my order. Mayo is a pretty damn common condiment. I won't go back. I haven't been to Five Guys.  

Ketchup is disgusting on burgers.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ketchup is disgusting on burgers.  

In-n-Out doesn't put ketchup on your burger unless you explicitly ask.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Won't happen. While they make a good burger, Five Guys is way too expensive.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Five Guys sucks balls. I ate their greasy pile of shit just once. Never again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#43]
When I was in Iraq most everyone had pictures cut out of maxim of women in bikinis all over their locker and wall. My team leader only had one picture on his wall. It was from Maxim's article on best burger, and it was a DOUBLE DOUBLE.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish I could have found an In N Out when I was in southern CA (or if I had known about them back then) so I'd know what I was missing.

That said, I'll keep supporting Five Guys as they're likely one of the best burgers around plus they are a chain that started locally here in VA. Plus Cajun Fries.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Five Guys only exists because they have a very small core of fanbois that trick other people to go there. Once.

If you fuck everyone out of $11 once, you'll be set for life.
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Never been to In N Out, don't have them here.  There is a Five Guys in town, and the burgers are pretty decent, about as good as Whataburger.  Five Guys "Cajun" fries are total shit.  They're just regular fries, doused in  some shitty seasoning powder.  Gross.  Five Guys is also pricey.

Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I love In-N-Out, worked at #10 in the SFV when I was a kid and got to see first hand the fresh product being used.

That being said, my wife and I went to The Habit a few weeks ago and it was excellent.  I suggest anyone in SoCal find one and try it.  They are not very expensive, but their burgers and fries are great!

btw, no one beats In-N-Out's shakes...

Eric  
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pfffft... The Gay, you've got it! In-n-out rules!
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This makes me sad for you and your partner.

Bah, I've had sex AT in -n- out, Fricken awesome!
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Do not know, but we are getting one of the first Five Guys in Ohio.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top