Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 5:44:08 PM EDT
This term is used by countless people every day.Is one considered trash by income,house,car accent,education or what?
No matter how good you have it,never,never look down on your own kind.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree.  We are all on the same team here

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
White Trash is what my mother used to say I'd grow up to be unless I watched out!

In her book, White Trash was anybody who should have turned out better but didn't because they made bad choices or were lazy.

A close second in her book was Trailer Trash.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
DITTO, MAN.

i know lots of trash, but most of it is NOT white if you know what i mean.

and yes, i AM a racist, thanks for noticing [:)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
White Trash...easy definition:

Votes Democrat.

Blares rap music in their car.

Gene pool extremes (same gene pool produces a fat doughy female and a bone thin male with a weasel goatee-very strange)
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gene pool extremes (same gene pool produces a fat doughy female and a bone thin male with a weasel goatee-very strange)
View Quote

heheeh. i thought i was the only one who wondered about that one!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This term is used by countless people every day.Is one considered trash by income,house,car accent,education or what?
View Quote

I thought "white trash" meant anything that is white is considered disposable. Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Blares rap music in their car.
View Quote

Around here, they do worse.  They blast country music.  It wasn't that long ago when people would keep something like that to themselves.  They wouldn't advertise that they would do something like that.  Things have gone down hill.z
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello.

I was taught in High School (!) that "White Trash" was a term used to describe poor white people (usually in the South) who voted *against* their economic interests because of their racism.  This effectively split the Democratic party along the Mason-Dixon Line.

Imagine my shock when I used this term out loud in a college class and got boos, hisses, curses, and insults.  I thought I was going to be disciplined (i.e., put on probation...one more screw-up and you're out for good!).

As for white people who wear their trousers around their knees while they play rap music...I thought they were called w!iggers (which is definitely a slur!).

So white trash would not necessarily equal trailer trash but there would be lots of overlap.

Sorry if I offended anyone (my ancestors are from rural Kentucky).
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Even amongst the Caucasian Underachievers there lies a caste system:

There's White Trash; and then, there's ---

White [i]TRAILER[/i]  Trash!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The same as Black Trash, only lighter.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Take this quiz to see if you qualify as trailer trash.[url]www.missouritrailertrash.com/quiz.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#13]
If anyone wants to see what "White Trash" is I can show you an exhibit any night of the week as I have "White Trash" Living beside me and across from me in the apartment complex I currently live in.
These people have no respect for anyone else around them! They are up almost every night, all night drinking outside there apartments, yelling, making noise, letting there children be around it and up all night with them. (one is a 10 year old boy) They have a domestic dispute at least twice per month that the police have to come out to solve. It is amazing that they think the world revolves around them. I have confronted them numerous times and even had a rational conversation with one Lady and she said she would make an effort to move the party to her patio on the other side of the building. (Nothing she said to me she has actually done) I have complained to the management about them also. They have received complaints and notice from the apartment complex but still are doing the same crap! They are "White Trash"!!

I'm counting the days till I can move out. (When my lease ends)
These people would be perfect for an episode of the Jerry Springer Show!

John
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#14]
"White Trash" in a attitude.  White Trash destroys anything around them.  If they get a good job, they lose it.  If you give them money, they blow it.  If you gave them a nice house, they would destroy it.  If you gave them a brand new car, they would be too damn lazy to change the oil and would blow the engine and it would end up in the front yard on blocks.  And last but not least they like to fight with other family members.  

You can take the woman out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the woman (as they say)!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#15]
"White Trash" in a attitude.  White Trash destroys anything around them.  If they get a good job, they lose it.  If you give them money, they blow it.  If you gave them a nice house, they would destroy it.  If you gave them a brand new car, they would be too damn lazy to change the oil and would blow the engine and it would end up in the front yard on blocks.  And last but not least they like to fight with other family members.  

You can take the woman out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the woman (as they say)!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If anyone wants to see what "White Trash" is I can show you an exhibit any night of the week as I have "White Trash" Living beside me and across from me in the apartment complex I currently live in.
These people have no respect for anyone else around them! They are up almost every night, all night drinking outside there apartments, yelling, making noise, letting there children be around it and up all night with them. (one is a 10 year old boy) They have a domestic dispute at least twice per month that the police have to come out to solve. It is amazing that they think the world revolves around them. I have confronted them numerous times and even had a rational conversation with one Lady and she said she would make an effort to move the party to her patio on the other side of the building. (Nothing she said to me she has actually done) I have complained to the management about them also. They have received complaints and notice from the apartment complex but still are doing the same crap! They are "White Trash"!!

I'm counting the days till I can move out. (When my lease ends)
These people would be perfect for an episode of the Jerry Springer Show!

John
View Quote

If the property manager can't get them to stop being a disturbance then you are probably within your rights to break the lease. Lawyers?

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I don’t draw lines between social classes, wealth, or even intelligence.

A person’s action or treatment of others is the sole defining factor between a "good-ole boy" and "white trash".
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never?

[img]http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/16/energy.oil.01/link.bill.clinton.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
White Trash is a Southern derogatory term.
It implies that "even though you're white, you act like a (Racial slur)"

That was the original meaning of it.

It has evolved to mean any white person who lives in a trailer or slummy looking house that doesn't care about the things the "middle class" do.

It would be considered very rude in mixed company by the PC crowd.

Me? I could care less what color a person is....if he cares less about how he or his abode looks, he's trash,  end of story.

It was "poor white trash" when I grew up......my folk were poor white trash...I was the first person in my family and still the only to have graduated high school, much less get through school without a record.

Often people who grew up rurally don't care as much for making their homes and yards look like a yuppie, and thus get the label.

IMHO

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I grew up in Ga, and left at 23. I remember white trash being preceded by "po", as in "po white trash. that was in 1971.

Contrary to some's understanding, there is a difference between white trash, bubba, and a good old boy. I'll let you guys figure that one out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Never?

[img]http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/16/energy.oil.01/link.bill.clinton.jpg[/img]
View Quote

White Trash, but a two term president. Is this a great country or what?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Miz Hun says anyone who owns a 'sand rail' or goes to gun shows is 'white trash.'

I'm the biggest piece of 'white trash' she says she's ever seen! [BD]

Go figure!

Eric The(AtLeastSheDoesn'tSay'Po'WhiteTrash!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#23]

This site might shed some light.

[url]http://www.whitetrashworld.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I believe the correct term is trailer "park" white trash as opposed to trailer trash. People who own their own trailer are several levels above those who rent one.

I believe the definition given by Coz 45 is right on the money.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#26]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/CAMPYBOB%2Fbfesr3%2Ejpg[/img]

hmmm? i always thought my truck was "white trash"!

getta load of the bullefest targets. more trash!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody that hurts children.
Drunken wife beaters.
Deadbeat dads.
Been on 'COPS' more than one episode in a season.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Running moonshine? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone who is on Jerry Springer or who watches Jerry Springer.  And Bill Clinton too, but he's probably a Jerry Springer watcher.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#30]
This guy sums it up pretty well.  It says "redneck", but this guy is not a redneck (I like rednecks), he's white trash.

[url]http://www.knology.net/~carlos/redneck.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#31]
[music]I'm a cracker, he's a cracker, wouldn't ya like to be a cracker too.....[/music]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#32]
The Spike Jonze character in the movie "The Three Kings" is a perfect caricature of white trash.  Of course, he's laying it on the line for his country, which is more than can be said for the majority of non-white trash America.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#33]
boom, y'all wanna quart of my best?!?!

nah, just using the "white trash" to haul targets to bulletfest. honestly, it looks much worse in real life!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Salt your roads do ya?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Where's the picture of Tonya Harding?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess it depends on what you define as "your own kind".

To me, my "kind" is anyone who believes in 1) God, 2) Personal Responsibility and 3) The Constitution of the United States. If you don't believe in those, you probably fit under my personal "trash" description file, white or not.

-legrue

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I cant "define" white trash. But there are certain white trash indicators.

1. living in a trailer
2. anyone in your family is on welfare
3. missing teeth
4. a mullet
5. you got your G.E.D.
6. Flannel
7. 80's rock concert T-shirts
8. youve attended a truck pull or monster truck competition.
9. you drink beer that cost under $5.00 a case.
10. you drink wine that cost less than $3.00 a bottle.
11. Your girlfriend has previosly been involved with other members of your family.
12. you know someone who was on Springer.
13. you use Crack Cocain or Methamphetamine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top