Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 5:21:15 PM EDT
[url]http://library.northernlight.com/EE20020515600000046.html?cb=0&dx=1006&sc=0#doc[/url]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title:   Bush Was Warned of Hijacking Plot

Summary:     AP White House Correspondent WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush was told by U.S. intelligence in advance of the Sept. 11 attacks that Osama bin Laden's terrorist network might hijack American airplanes, the White House acknowledged Wednesday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source:  AP Online
Date:  05/15/2002 20:57
Price:  Free
Document Size:  Very Short (0826 words)
Document ID:  EE20020515600000046
Subject(s):  President, White House, Advisers
Executive Branch (U.S. government)

Author(s):  RON FOURNIER
Document Type:  Articles & General info

View Quote

this came from drudgereport.com so i'm not sure what to make of it yet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahh, when I read the page hadn't loaded more than what I quoted above. Reading farther and it looks like he was warned they might try to jack some planes. Nothing about flying them into buildings. This is probably non-news.

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
They also said a week or so ago that wornings like this came in all the time.  Until they had further evidence that they were true, they were just warnings.

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure that there is a lot threats, but the trick figure out which ones are credible. I guess in 20/20 hindsight we should've followed-up on some of those threats, but how do you know which threats to follow-up since you have only a finite amount of resources. Prior to the 9/11/01 of the WTC/Pentagon attack, the closest that I know that a plane hit a building was in San Francisco when a small private plane hit the Emporium/Capwell dept store in ~'87 time period.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's not play this game, again...

Scott

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My father, who is retired navy, told me that the military had studied a very simlar scenario back in the early '80s.
I dont blame Bush a shred. This is just an atempt of the liberal media to create a bad image for Bush. Would they have printed the same story with Gore in office ?
I blame the bastards who did it. I also blame the policy of having an unarmed crew trained to cow tow to the demands of a hijacker. THAT was the issue. Body cavity seraching every old lady at airport security is not going to solve this problem!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#6]
This doesn't surprise me....I mean when something goes wrong, the media has to finger someone to give all the blame too. That's the way society is. Too bad we as people can't step up and take some responsibilty for our own safety.

There had been some form of warning a few months prior to the WTC and Pentagon attacks...warning of a potential threat against American interests. But the info was too vague to be helpful. And think about it....had a specific warning been issued, how many would have heeded it? We ignore tornado warnings in this country, we don't evacuate our homes during hurricanes, we don't lock our doors, we don't eat right, we don't always replace the batteries in our smoke detectors (or even own them!)and etc, etc, etc. Most people in this nation take no responsibility for protecting themselves...they expect someone else to do it. This certainly describes the anti-gun/liberal crowd very well. Most walk around daily, oblivious to what's going on around them.

Now I'm not saying that those in the WTC towers or any of the people on the planes could have done more...because none of us would have expected the planes to be used as flying bombs. God bless these people and their families.

All previous hijackings resulted in the planes being flown somewhere and then negotiating their demands. Otherwise none of those planes would have hit a building as the passengers would have done the same thing as on flight 93. Not a lot the workers sitting in those offices could have done much either.But the truth is, only a few of us (like the people at this board) are aware of what's going on in their environment and take the extra time and precautions to protect themselves. This includes heeding advice and warnings. That's why I like hanging out with you folks, so we can swap info and news.

This was just a situation where none of us can blame anyone...except for the murdering bastards that committed the act. But if the news media is gonna start tossing blame around, why don't they send some Clinton's way? Afterall he had 8 years to go after Osama before he and his dirtbag organization became as strong as they are now. But instead of acting in our defense and launching a pre-emptive strike, he sent our troops into civil wars such as Kosovo. Oops, I almost forgot. Clinton did destroy a milk factory or some crap with cruise missiles. Gimme a break! Bet you won't hear that angle from Peter Jennings or Judy Woodruff!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Recently heard on the HMS BUSH PRESIDENCY:

"ICEBERG RIGHT AHEAD!"

You watch, I really hope I am wrong!  I can already hear Tom Daschle...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#8]
This another attempt by the democrats & news media to discredit the Bush Admin. because they are still smarting from their close loss in Florida, and to deflect the attention away from Bill Clinton where the ultimate blame for the WTC/Pentagon attack should lay. Some of this stuff is fact and some dog & pony show. The news media is in the U.S. is whining about the propanda by Cuban news media, they should look at themselves here in the U.S. Sometimes it is real hard to distinguish faction from fiction as we should remember these "news media" people are basically writers and people looking good in front of a camera reading a script.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#9]
[URL]http://www.biblecodedigest.com/page.php/50[/URL]

Looks like we all got some advance notice - about 3500 years worth.  The catch?  It was coded in Hebrew and requires a computer to decipher.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks like we all got some advance notice - about 3500 years worth.  The catch?  It was coded in Hebrew and requires a computer to decipher.
View Quote

You can find "messages" in any resonably long text.

See here: [url]http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/torah.html[/url]

You have to ask yourself, why in the hell would God put "hidden messages" into the bible?

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
[url]http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/wtc.html[/url]

Look! The war on terrorism was predicted in [b]Moby Dick!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I missed it first time around so I'll post here:

Given the vague nature of these "warnings" these questions should be considered:

When would the hijackings take place? UNKNOWN.
What airlines would be hijacked? UNKNOWN.
What weapons would be used? UNKNOWN.
What intentions would hijacker have? UNKNOWN.
What were the names of potential hijackers? UNKNOWN.
How many hijackers? UNKNOWN.
What general region of the country? UNKNOWN.
What steps could stop the hijackings? UNKNOWN.
Are these the ONLY hijacking threats recieved? NO.
Should we racially profile all Arabs based on these tips? NO.
Should we round up all Arab immigrants based on these tips? NO.
Should we put all Arab student-pilots under FBI surveillence? Yes, but the Dems & ACLU would put an end to that before it got started.
Does this information give us any ability to stop hijackings? NO.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would imagine that there is word of hundreds of these things every day. Figuring out what is credible is just less than a super-human task.
View Quote

Well said, Paul.

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would imagine that there is word of hundreds of these things every day. Figuring out what is credible is just less than a super-human task.
View Quote

[i][irrational liberal mode on][/i]

Bill and Hillary Clinton would have been intelligent enough to handle it!

[i][irrational liberal mode off][/i]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Democrats SUCK.

This is nothing more than a continusation of their scorched earth, search and destroy attack on GWB, in retaliation for their cretan Clinton's self-orchestrated implosion of his presidency, and another tired attempt to show Bush doesn't have "gravitas."

I suspect this could backfire on them massively.

Theirs no substance to the report (gee, I've known for like 20 years that airline hijackings were possible. Is Sept 11 MY fault?) and they are attemting to say Bush is to blame for Sept 11.

Stated another way -

Democrats SUCK.

Anyone tuning into DU (Democratic Underachievers) for their gloating ????

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#18]
They would have had to racially profile: No chance as the Democrat/traitors won't allow that even now!

There would have had to have been guns in the cockpits; No chance as the Democrat/traitors won't allow that now!

The Feds would have had to focus their finite resources on Arab terrorists: No chance as the Democrat/traitors had the FBI focused on "domestic terrorists": [url]http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,41733,00.html[/url]
FBI Goes After Bonsaikitten.com
10:10 a.m. Feb. 9, 2001 PST

However, there was ample blame for almost everyone to share. Except me, of course. Did I just hear an echo of millions of government bureaucrats? "Wasn't me" and "Not my job"
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You hit the nail on the head more soundly than most realize.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#20]
It's probably a good sign if this is the best smear they can come up with.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is just an atempt of the liberal media to create a bad image for Bush. Would they have printed the same story with Gore in office ?
View Quote
Yes, yes they would.  The media may be liberal, but ratings and circulation are what they live for.  Regardless of who sat in the big white house, the media would be slavering.  It's their nature.

However, the Democrats are going to ride this as far as they can.

We "knew" about Pearl Harbor beforehand, too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is just an atempt of the liberal media to create a bad image for Bush. Would they have printed the same story with Gore in office ?
View Quote
Yes, yes they would.  The media may be liberal, but ratings and circulation are what they live for.  Regardless of who sat in the big white house, the media would be slavering.  It's their nature.

However, the Democrats are going to ride this as far as they can.

We "knew" about Pearl Harbor beforehand, too.
View Quote

Kinda like eating their own, true they would, but I personally I would disagree. I remember when Barbara Walters interviewed Monica Lewinsky, it was like a walk in the park. If it had been Al Gore, the tone of voice would different. The tone of voice from the media is saying more like "sick'em boy!"
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Hindsight is 20/20.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#25]
[b]END OF THREAD![/b]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You can find "messages" in any resonably long text.

See here: [url]http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/torah.html[/url]

You have to ask yourself, why in the hell would God put "hidden messages" into the bible?

View Quote

You evidently didn't read or didn't understand the link I posted.  

So allow me to post a part of that page here:

'Ever since the first Bible codes were announced, skeptics have been saying, "Oh, well, you can also find codes like that in books like War and Peace and Moby Dick."

We took the time to examine this notion and the best example of it that the skeptics have been able to come up with. The results of our research have completely blown away their theory'

As it seems you had difficulty finding that text in the page (assuming you wouldn't have pointed out an invalid counter-example from desperation and a lack of any more credible counter-arguments) you may find a decisive rebuttal at
[URL]http://www.biblecodedigest.com/page.php/9[/URL]

But that's still just one source.  Perhaps you'd like another - would a mathematician formerly of the NSA suffice? Here's a retired NSA mathematician's primer on the code phenomenon in three parts:
[URL]http://www.aish.com/seminars/discovery/Codes/Primer/primer1.htm[/URL]
[URL]http://www.aish.com/seminars/discovery/Codes/Primer/primer2.htm[/URL]
[URL]http://www.aish.com/seminars/discovery/Codes/Primer/primer3.htm[/URL]

Note that I didn't claim God coded those messages.  I believe you brought that up.  

But if you're looking for biblical justification for an encoded ('sealed') book, you'll not have to look far.  Daniel 12:4 as I recall,
[URL]http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/dan/12.html[/URL]
and Revelations 12:10 comes to mind,
though it's very possible that others more learned than I in such matters could supply further examples.

Oh, and BTW McKay has backpedalled again in his recent paper.  I don't mind attacks on the bible as long as they're artfully crafted - hell, I expect it - but halfassed outdated arguments like the links you posted just waste time and evolve into invalid hypotheses.

You can get Mr McKay's latest paper in which he has 'reconsidered his hypothesis' and no fewer than eight rebuttals of his previous master work at
[URL]http://www.torahcodes.co.il/whatsnew.htm#march2002[/URL]

I don't care whether you go with science or superstition, but attempting to pass off superstition as science isn't especially helpful to either or to your argument.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
...snip...
I don't care whether you go with science or superstition, but attempting to pass off superstition as science isn't especially helpful to either or to your argument.
View Quote

From what I've read, the coders are the ones passing off superstition as science.

I didn't even look at your link before I posted. I rememberd reading both "The Bible Code" book and McKays paper quite a while ago and figured that was the end of it. When I saw your link I just went to google and grabbed McKays webpage and posted away. I guess I have more reading to do to check out his backpedaling, but based on what I've seen of "ramsey theory" I'll be pretty surprised if I find a conclusive answer showing that these codes the Real Deal (c).

Saw this a while ago in another forum I think it applies nicely.

The Shakespeare Code

Start with a well know passage (Hamlet's Soliloquy) and remove all spaces and
punctuation. Now wrap the text in a spiral:
(this requires a monospaced font to view correctly)

yeltgnseptyltuovednoitaMmuslwaeskiir
inaursssootehtdnaehcatRaeseaelkierse
htnrutotfbhidotmehtdnEgnhnrtheadwpyv
usdnnhrhdeoemraekatoTroieoertdmntrmi
mttstaseewutsasgnilseheshchorssuaell
buhpatwraisoanbonsitrtnotatmawuehtle
lruunpretsasgdlhtsiterupdsyseathtnad
ynszdaoshhnlaaeenroahetpniaibletseee
tatzsTnpwddeirrqotehtfroetmhdeihrdbr
hwhlWigehtnenriutobtefoyeoatlhutenso
areEeetcaoapsonetobehufbwtefutqahant
nyNsanhttdtntwtstionwssdyrrfoesettog
kaatttetdiuoaShemindtounaidowvidohsn
ynthumphrermSofoutrageoaseodoohrogio
odieneraetaOeaoftroublesohtehlteturl
ulvwdrotaoLreandbyasleeptselwdhtyood

Now, all one has to do is play word search to find hidden messages. But only
use diagonals so as not to  pick up actual words from the quotation.

I've capitalized three words:

NEWT TERM LOSS

which leads to the conclusion that Shakespeare predicted Gingrich's defeat in
the 1998 Congressional election!

Now ask yourself, is this "divine" or random silliness?
View Quote

I'm willing to accept for the sake of argument that these codes are real. Now, why are they there. What are they? Can you explain the book that is mentioned in the Daniel passage? Is it a hidden book of rabbi names? If it is sealed until the end times, then we must be in the end times right? How long do the end times last? How long have these bible decoders been at it?

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#29]
btw, [url]http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RamseyTheory.html[/url]

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Tell me one person who was suprised that a terrorist attack came from the middle east. They get these warnings multiple times a day/week/month/year. We all knew it was comming but realisticly how do you prevent it. Same with police. The do not prevent crime they just solve the crime after the fact and prevent future crime in that manor. They all know crime is going to happen. They just can't stop it.

What are we supposed to do sound an air raid siren every time some waco spouts off?

Same for those nuts calling for restricted air space over nuclear power stations.  At airplane speeds any attacking plane could be in the space and hit the target before there was time to even get a F16 in the air. There is no way to stop suicide killers. Only those trying to escape have a weakness. If you are willing to trade your life to do something you can not be stopped unless by accident.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I missed it first time around so I'll post here:

Given the vague nature of these "warnings" these questions should be considered:

When would the hijackings take place? UNKNOWN.
What airlines would be hijacked? UNKNOWN.
What weapons would be used? UNKNOWN.
What intentions would hijacker have? UNKNOWN.
What were the names of potential hijackers? UNKNOWN.
How many hijackers? UNKNOWN.
What general region of the country? UNKNOWN.
What steps could stop the hijackings? UNKNOWN.
Are these the ONLY hijacking threats recieved? NO.
Should we racially profile all Arabs based on these tips? NO.
Should we round up all Arab immigrants based on these tips? NO.
Should we put all Arab student-pilots under FBI surveillence? Yes, but the Dems & ACLU would put an end to that before it got started.
Does this information give us any ability to stop hijackings? NO.
View Quote

... DemocRATS know this too but they're gonna ride it because they have no horse.

... They'll fail in their mission with this card. Commander in Chief gets all kinds of vague reports. How the Hell is any Administration really going to act on such vagueness?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Let's at least be honest.

If this act of malfeasance in office had been commited by Bill Clinton, you would be all over him like a pack of slavering redneck goons.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Let's at least be honest.

If this act of malfeasance in office had been commited by Bill Clinton, you would be all over him like a pack of slavering redneck goons.
View Quote

It was committed by klinton. The "report" they're whining about came in the 90's.

Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#35]
More like 8 years of far left wing influence gutting the intelligence community, secret service, FBI, and the Justice Dept...trading with the enemy..betrayal at the highest levels influence peddling without precedent.imo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top